Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTT: Like new CCW/Firestones for like new 2008 wheels/tires plus cash...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 PM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTT: Like new CCW/Firestones for like new 2008 wheels/tires plus cash...

I have a set of like new perfect condition CCW SP500 wheels (stock C6 sizes, 18x8.5 and 19x10) with Firestone Firehawk runflats installed on them, (also stock C6 sizes, 245/40/18 and 285/35/19s). These were roadforce balanced, have new TPMS installed, and have less than 100 miles on them.

I am looking to trade for a set of perfect, low mile 2008 wheels/tires/sensors plus cash.

Reason for selling, I rarely drive the car, (it has 400 miles on it as I type), and I could use the cash for other things right now. I have over 4k in these, I'm thinking ~$2000 plus wheels/tires/sensors, depending on style, condition, etc etc. PM me or email me at: dragracerls1@gmail.com

Thanks, Shawn

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 10-10-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:43 PM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Ttt...
Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Corellian Vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you should wait for the knock offs to come out. Cause $2000 plus the stock rims is asking to much IMO. CCW cost just just as much as new OEM rims from the dealer.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 PM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Corellian Vette
Maybe you should wait for the knock offs to come out. Cause $2000 plus the stock rims is asking to much IMO. CCW cost just just as much as new OEM rims from the dealer.
Thanks for the input, not sure why you felt as though your opinion was warranted, but whatever. Some info regarding posting in a For Sale thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118176

Take off wheels/tires generally sell for $1200-$1500. Used CCWs with practically new tires usually sell for ~$3000-$3500 or so.

Lastly, if you would like to buy OEM take off wheels for anywhere near dealer retail, I'll sell you as many sets as you want.

Shawn
Old 09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
mikepipe597
Racer

pm sent
Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
robbiC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
Thanks for the input, not sure why you felt as though your opinion was warranted, but whatever. Some info regarding posting in a For Sale thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118176

Take off wheels/tires generally sell for $1200-$1500. Used CCWs with practically new tires usually sell for ~$3000-$3500 or so.

Lastly, if you would like to buy OEM take off wheels for anywhere near dealer retail, I'll sell you as many sets as you want.

Shawn
His opinion is as good as anyones on this forum! You have yours, he has his.........so . Besides, if he did agree to buy them, you'd just sell them from underneath him!! I know, I know, you're going to say your favorite word " whatever ".

Last edited by robbiC5; 10-03-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Actually SPANKY LS1's comment are warranted. Corellian Vette's remarks could be interfering with the sale...which is against Forum policy.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 AM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Originally Posted by robbiC5
His opinion is as good as anyones on this forum! You have yours, he has his.........so . Besides, if he did agree to buy them, you'd just sell them from underneath him!! I know, I know, you're going to say your favorite word " whatever ".
WTF are you talking about? Did you read the link I posted? It is against forum rules to post stuff like that in a for sale post. Unless you are interested in buying them, you too are in violation of forum rules.

As far as the "selling them out from under you" comment, you offered signifigantly less than my asking price for the items, and I ended up selling the items to a buyer that offered my asking price, plain and simple. That is business, that is not not "selling them out from under you". "Selling them out from under you" would have been selling them to someone else after we had made a deal, not selling them to someone who wanted to purchase an item at the asking price without trying to lowball the seller first, then coming back after they were sold and saying "I would have paid the whole amount, you screwed me".... I tried to apologize, but you chose not to accept it, it ended there as far as I was concerned. Now you choose to bring it up 3-4 months later?

If you have a complaint about me and/or the way I do things, my PM box is always open, and my email address is: dragracerls1@gmail.com

Shawn

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 10-04-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 AM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

MODS: Since this thread has pretty much gone to hell in a hand basket, you can delete/lock it. The wheels and tires are no longer for sale.

Shawn
Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
MAGRED2001VETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent PM w/ offer
Old 10-04-2007, 05:17 PM
robbiC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
WTF are you talking about? Did you read the link I posted? It is against forum rules to post stuff like that in a for sale post. Unless you are interested in buying them, you too are in violation of forum rules.

As far as the "selling them out from under you" comment, you offered signifigantly less than my asking price for the items, and I ended up selling the items to a buyer that offered my asking price, plain and simple. That is business, that is not not "selling them out from under you". "Selling them out from under you" would have been selling them to someone else after we had made a deal, not selling them to someone who wanted to purchase an item at the asking price without trying to lowball the seller first, then coming back after they were sold and saying "I would have paid the whole amount, you screwed me".... I tried to apologize, but you chose not to accept it, it ended there as far as I was concerned. Now you choose to bring it up 3-4 months later?

If you have a complaint about me and/or the way I do things, my PM box is always open, and my email address is: dragracerls1@gmail.com

Shawn
You know what? You're right, I should have not brought something up that happened months ago. I'm sorry for doing so, please accept my apology.

Rob
Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

First, I agree with the poster - its not only against forum rules, but just in plain bad taste to openly tell someone you think it's a bad deal.

For what its worth, I made exactly the same deal on the CCW's I have on my car. I traded a set of polished wheels plus $2,000 cash for the CCW's fully mounted with tires and sensors. That was 18 months ago (on my previous car - still have the wheels on my new car). I thought it was a fair deal then, and I still do.

Good luck on the sale if you decide to keep trying
Old 10-10-2007, 03:38 PM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

TTT again, several people interested, nothing has come through yet. Going to try one last time before I put it up for the winter.

Shawn

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: Like new CCW/Firestones for like new 2008 wheels/tires plus cash...

Quick Reply: WTT: Like new CCW/Firestones for like new 2008 wheels/tires plus cash...