Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

F/S: Bartec Tech 300 Tire Sensor Reset Tool

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:03 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Default F/S: Bartec Tech 300 Tire Sensor Reset Tool

I just got a Bartec Tech 300. It is available for $180 without the magnet, or $195 with the magnet.

Edited: Added video of tool being used to reset the sensors on my C6 - see Post #2.

This is the big brother to the Bartec Trackside. While the Trackside will only work on the C6, the Tech 300 will work with all sensors. The Trackside cannot be upgraded, but the software in this Tech 300 can be upgraded as new sensors with new triggering protocols come out in the future.

The reason I'm selling it cheaper than I bought if for is that you apparently can’t get any tech support from Bartec because it's used. I tried to access the upgrade section of the Bartec website to get the latest version of the software into the tool. I wasn't able to get into the area with the upgrade info, so I called their tech support people. They said the tool was already registered and that they wouldn't transfer ownership therefore I couldn't get any tech support or software upgrades.

So....if you get this tool you won't be able to get upgrades from Bartec.

However.....because the Bartec and Schrader are the same tools, I went to the Schrader website and loaded the latest Schrader software into the Bartec. Schrader actually makes our sensors and the software in the two tools is, to my knowledge, identical, so you have complete functionality of this tool and can upgrade the software via the Schrader site in the future.

The Schrader tools just come in a very small cardboard box, but the Bartec tool comes in a nice plastic case with foam inserts for storage of the various components.

I upgraded it with the latest Schrader software and then checked it out on both my '05 coupe and '06 Z06 and it works perfectly. I think this tool is a great tool and a great value.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It is the exact same tool as the Schrader 21210 (they are actually called Model DBL3). Take a look at this old for sale listing I had for a Schrader tool to see what the Schrader or Bartec Tech 300 will do for you in the “audit mode”:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1826492

BTW, if you do want a brand new tool that you can register in your own name, I have a couple of the Schrader 21210 tools for $20 more than the cost of this Bartec Tech 300. That's cheaper than the last few I had - I pass these things on at my cost plus shipping, and the last couple I got were cheaper and allowed me to average down the cost to you by 5 bucks.

The price includes shipping.

I can accept PayPal, but only instant transfer from funds available, echeck, etc. I cannot accept credit/debit cards - my PayPal account is just a personal account without that capability. You could also just send a check.

Any questions, PM, email, or give me a call!

Bob
RBeziat@bellsouth.net
cell: 386-589-6199

Forum member formerly known as "beezeye"

Last edited by BEZ06; 11-12-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Default Video of tool in use

Click on the picture below to see both the Bartec Tech 300 and the Schrader 21210 in use doing a relearn procedure on my C6 sensors.

This is the quick 90 second procedure you would use to register the sensors with the TPMS computer in the car after you get new sensors, or if you swap to your second set of wheels/tires with sensors, such as swapping wheels/tires for the track.

Bob

Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
bub
Safety Car

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Here's a bump for ya Bob...this is a deal for someone...
Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a super deal and Bob is a pleasure to do business with.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:34 PM
MSJ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm sent

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: Bartec Tech 300 Tire Sensor Reset Tool

Quick Reply: F/S: Bartec Tech 300 Tire Sensor Reset Tool