Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB NPP mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 03:30 PM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default WTB NPP mufflers

Looking for 08 NPP mufflers for my 05 C6, any ideas on where to find these?
Old 11-28-2009, 03:41 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

contact Gene Cullly @ GM parts house he may have a set for you
Old 11-28-2009, 04:48 PM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Awesome thank you for the input, actually just sent him an email, so we'll see if he has any of the sets left, also very convenient he's a few minutes down the road!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

That is where I got mine last week.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:59 PM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Awesome, how do you like them? I'm curious as to how loud they are with the valves open all the time, I'm looking for something with some volume, but definitely not BB Bullets volume. Also, do you mind me asking how much you paid?
Old 11-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Shodan01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my 2010 do I need a control box as well? I have a 10 1LT.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:41 PM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

My understanding (this is through research alone, no hands-on experience) is that on NPP equipped vehicles the valves are designed to open at 3500 RPM. If you want to be able to manually control them yourselves, to be open at all RPM or closed at all RPM, then you would need to buy the controller.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:59 PM
FLACHUSNRET
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I have NPPs and X-pipe off an '08 on my '05 vert and I also have the NPP in a box. It allows me to control the valves in the muffler tip pipes.
BTW, I run with them open most of the time in local driving but prefer more quiet when cruising for long distances.
They are great sounding. I had Callaway Double D's before these and really like these better, both sound and looks.

Sanford in Saraland, Al.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Shodan01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

My dad had the exhaust on his 09. I loved his M2W controller. I was just curious what electronics are on the exhaust itself and how difficult it would be to add to a vehicle that doesnt have it to begin with.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 AM
FLACHUSNRET
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I retrofitted my 2005 vert with NPPs and "NPP in a box". There is no electronics attachment to the exhaust system per se.
There is, however, a small vacuum hose attached to the vacuum contol valve on each muffler aft of the muffler and forward of the tip.
These two vacuum hoses run together and then to a small black box (about the size of two packs of cigarettes) which you place in your right rear cubbie in the truck. From the box, "NPP in a box", there is a small wiring harness that you tuck under the edge of carpet running forward to the fuse panel located under passenger footwell. It connects to your fuse for the heated seats and a ground screw. There is also a small vacuum tube that you route under car forward to firewall and engine compartment and attach to one of two vacuum sources depending on type of Corvette. It is not a difficult install as there are step by step instructions on here and even a video. I have a Mild to Wild switch(remote fob) in my car and anytime I want loud, I simply press the button and the valves open. I run with them open most of the time.
Please Note! The above described process is required for putting NPPs on any non-factory equipped C6. If you have a car factory equipped with NPPs, you simply add a Mild to Wild switch as your car is already connected to a vacuum source and has an X-pipe.
I would strongly recommend that you install an X-pipe when installing the NPPs since you have to remove the old H-pipe during the install anyway. '08 Corvettes factory equipped with NPPs came with X-pipes whereas as all other prior C6s and C6 ZO6s came with H-pipes. I believe the X-pipe is an important part of the system.

Good luck with finding everything you need. Beware of lower cost ZO6 catbacks as they are 3" and a regular C6 has only 2 1/2" inlet OTA's (over the axle pipes). If you are an expert welder and don't mind cutting and welding, you can make the ZO6 pipes fit your car. NPP's will bolt right up. I changed from Callaway Double D's to NPPs myself on a lift in about two hours. Adding the "NPP in A Box" a few days later probably took me two hours also because I didn't have access to a lift at that time so I used ramps to climb under car. The guy on the video adds the "NPP in a Box" in a few minutes with all the right equipment and prior install experience.

Sanford in Saraland, Al.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:34 AM
SlideRulz
Burning Brakes

I did mine with the Z06 NPP and the controler. Programed the remote into my homelink visor.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 AM
blueyeszr1
Account suspended by request 6 Oct 2017

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Npp

I have 2008 NPP mufflers an a 2008 X pipe with the NPP In A Box on a 2006
I agree with FLACHUSNRET on the X pipe also. When I first installed my mufflers, I used the 06 stock H pipe, About 2 weeks later I changed it to an X pipe. It sounds so much better with the X pipe.
You can watch ebay for a set of NPP, I bought mine there for 710.00 shipped. Not a scratch or dent. I bought the NPP in a box from a vender here and the X pipe from a member here.
You can always get new, I hear that they are 1300 to 1400

Good Luck, you will like the sound and being able to turn them off is amazing.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Awesome! Thanks man I'll keep on the search, thats the exact price range im lookin for

Get notified of new replies

To WTB NPP mufflers

Quick Reply: WTB NPP mufflers