Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB Carbon Fiber Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default WTB Carbon Fiber Diffuser

I am looking for a carbon fiber diffuser for my C6 Z06that fits the reverse lights properly but is not too expensive.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
frc
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a new one from ZR creations for 300 shipped.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:52 AM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I am not familiar with that one. Any installed pics?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
frc
Drifting

Don't have any installed pics since I didn't install it on my car. It came from ZR creations and replaces your factory diffuser. It came from Quick Z06 who is a vendor on the forum. It looks just like your oem piece but in carbon fiber.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:00 PM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by frc
Don't have any installed pics since I didn't install it on my car. It came from ZR creations and replaces your factory diffuser. It came from Quick Z06 who is a vendor on the forum. It looks just like your oem piece but in carbon fiber.
Oh. I have a hood from them that didn't fit so I am a little leery. Wy didn't you install it, if I may ask?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I bought one from WCC but it came broken and also it partially covered the reverse lights, which I wasn't too fond of.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
frc
Drifting

Its nice but not the quality I wanted on my car. Ended up going with Apsis but it was $2500
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
ydeer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

check out american hydrocarbon.com they have OEM one's that they hydrocarbon.i have one one my vette. if you send me your e-mail i will send you some pictures. installed and not installed. remember it is OEM. fits perfectly. my e-mail is g22r@embarqmail.com not only that ,the owner pat is great to work with.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 PM
DarkKnightZ
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frc
I have a new one from ZR creations for 300 shipped.
Any pics of that one or a link?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 PM
cencalc6
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's few pics of my Carbon Diffuser from WCC. I was also not pleased that it covered a part of the reverse lights......But with a Dremel and a fine cut-off wheel I modified it to look OEM. I also molded both the OEM diffuser and the carbon fiber diffuser with Plastic Epoxy

Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cencalc6
Here's few pics of my Carbon Diffuser from WCC. I was also not pleased that it covered a part of the reverse lights......But with a Dremel and a fine cut-off wheel I modified it to look OEM. I also molded both the OEM diffuser and the carbon fiber diffuser with Plastic Epoxy

I have had the WCC diffuser sitting in my garage for a couple weeks. I didnt install it because I was on the fence about the way it covered the reverse lights. Thanks for posting this!

One question. Well maybe more than one. Did you remove the stock diffuser to install the WCC carbon cover or did you just remove the reverse lights to do the dremel work around them? Did you remove the double backed adhesive tape before you applied the epoxy or did you leave the adhesive in place to hold the diffuser while the epoxy set up?

Very nice install by the way. It looks much better than the other WCC installs I have seen. Your attention to detail truley does their product justice!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
cencalc6
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
I have had the WCC diffuser sitting in my garage for a couple weeks. I didnt install it because I was on the fence about the way it covered the reverse lights. Thanks for posting this!

One question. Well maybe more than one. Did you remove the stock diffuser to install the WCC carbon cover or did you just remove the reverse lights to do the dremel work around them? Did you remove the double backed adhesive tape before you applied the epoxy or did you leave the adhesive in place to hold the diffuser while the epoxy set up?

Very nice install by the way. It looks much better than the other WCC installs I have seen. Your attention to detail truley does their product justice!
Thanks for the comments

I removed the the rear diffuser,here's a DIY thread by me.
Click on the link
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...moval-diy.html

I did remove the double sided tape.... that was a PITA! best sloution is to use a Heat Gun on blow dryer.

I used alot of plastic clamps to hold both pieces together while it sat to dry.

Last edited by cencalc6; 08-04-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by frc
Its nice but not the quality I wanted on my car. Ended up going with Apsis but it was $2500
Yeah, I have almost every exterior cf piece on mine now and many of them came from APSIS just hard to swallow $2500. However, if I spent $1900 for just the winshield cowl then I shouldn't complain too much!

Any installed pics?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by slief

Nice job! I don't trust myself with the dremel tool and I believe it should be right out of the box but that's just me.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:30 AM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cencalc6
Thanks for the comments

I removed the the rear diffuser,here's a DIY thread by me.
Click on the link
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...moval-diy.html

I did remove the double sided tape.... that was a PITA! best sloution is to use a Heat Gun on blow dryer.

I used alot of plastic clamps to hold both pieces together while it sat to dry.
Great job on the DIY!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by YWZ08
Nice job! I don't trust myself with the dremel tool and I believe it should be right out of the box but that's just me.
My wifes is the same from WCC, I never dremelled it (too lazy and it didn't bug me that much). She had her car at three different get togethers, everybody loved it, everybody asked where she got it, and nobody mentioned that it looked weird around the reverse lights. If you want perfection, you will have to pay for it, is it worth $2500 because from what I have been reading, Apsis is the only one with no issues. There was one of those "other" competitors replacement ones for sale a short while back, and he couldn't give his away.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Racer44
My wifes is the same from WCC, I never dremelled it (too lazy and it didn't bug me that much). She had her car at three different get togethers, everybody loved it, everybody asked where she got it, and nobody mentioned that it looked weird around the reverse lights. If you want perfection, you will have to pay for it, is it worth $2500 because from what I have been reading, Apsis is the only one with no issues. There was one of those "other" competitors replacement ones for sale a short while back, and he couldn't give his away.
Hey, I've noticed you were on a Vette Candy thread. Any news on that company?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by YWZ08
Hey, I've noticed you were on a Vette Candy thread. Any news on that company?
Why yes, they are making me a boat load of stuff as we speak.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Carbon Fiber Diffuser

Quick Reply: WTB Carbon Fiber Diffuser