Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Cure for the Common Curb....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Cure for the Common Curb....

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 01-11-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 AM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,057 Posts

That might be a must have product for those Vettes with the ZR1 type splitter. (Which I am considering buying).
Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Did I hear group buy?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by bigblock427
That might be a must have product for those Vettes with the ZR1 type splitter. (Which I am considering buying).
Absolutely....

Jim
Old 05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Kdorlando
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered one, this is a must have.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Kdorlando
just ordered one, this is a must have.
Thanks for the order.....have 7 left out of the ones that are coming in Tuesday.

one is reserved for you

Thanks,

Jim
Old 06-08-2011, 07:32 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Ordered
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Oldfly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I got my curb alert installed but for the life of me I can't get it to calibrate, I get the alarm when the car is started, I have it wired into the seat heater fuse which if I understand correctly this is considered a hot only when the ignition is on connection. If any one has installed this item please inform me of the correct method for install.
Thanks
David
Old 07-25-2011, 07:29 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Thinking about getting one of these for the back of my car. Sure would make it easier to back in to a parking spot. Usually I leave too much room behind the car 'cuz I don't want to hit the curb with my exhaust tips. Anyone out there tried this?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Thinking about getting one of these for the back of my car. Sure would make it easier to back in to a parking spot. Usually I leave too much room behind the car 'cuz I don't want to hit the curb with my exhaust tips. Anyone out there tried this?
It will work just fine on the back same as it works in the front....not a problem at all....

Jim
Old 12-22-2011, 06:00 PM
LKicklight
Burning Brakes

Default Dollars

$$$$$$$???????
always hate when someone tries to sell something and never puts a price, its like they are ashamed of what they are selling?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:13 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LKicklight
$$$$$$$???????
always hate when someone tries to sell something and never puts a price, its like they are ashamed of what they are selling?
No shame at all--in fact, we're pretty proud of this product, which is why we advertise it--we just don't put prices in forum ads as they can change over time. Would hate for somebody to see a price advertised from years back and then feel like we were being dishonest when they can't purchase it at that same price. Cost of materials and production can go up and down over time, and manufacturers control what we're paying and are able to sell it for, you know? If you want the price for it, just click the link above. You'll also see more information about the product on that page.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 PM
RO55
Drifting

Just ordered one for my 11 Grand Sport and one for my Son's 11 Camaro!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Here is an install on a C5...pretty much the same thing for the C6.

Some pics of where I put the sensor and complete install here, Curb Alert Installation....here are a few of the pictures, more at the link above.

I will get more pictures up this weekend, just wanted to get you something to give you an idea.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:27 PM
LowETz
Advanced

Just ordered... should be well worth the $$$.

One question... since the eye is triangular infared, "could" it be mounted behind the grill such that the eye is seeing through one of the holes and "still" function efficiently?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:35 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The sensor has to have a clear view of the road...On the C6 and C5 the OEM grill slots are to small to put the sensor behind the grill and function correctly. There is a video on the site showing how to install it on a C5 or C6.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by LowETz
Just ordered... should be well worth the $$$.

One question... since the eye is triangular infared, "could" it be mounted behind the grill such that the eye is seeing through one of the holes and "still" function efficiently?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 PM
RO55
Drifting

I have had mine now for 10 months and it's the best!!! Southern Car Parts you made it so easy to install too!

Get notified of new replies

To Cure for the Common Curb....

Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Great picture.....happy to hear you like it and thanks for posting.

Jim

Originally Posted by RO55
I have had mine now for 10 months and it's the best!!! Southern Car Parts you made it so easy to install too!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Has anyone had this issue?

For the most part Curb Alert works perfectly. But I washed my corvette one day and took it for a drive after. While driving I would get the beep sound as if I was coming up to a curb. Road was perfectly flat, wasn’t going in/out of a driveway or anything. I only went for a 4 mile day and it went off roughly every 30 seconds. However, 2 days later I drove the corvette again and everything was fine.

Did the sensor get wet? Water get in the sensor? Did it need time to dry?

I use a leaf blower to dry my car so I thought maybe the wind changed the sensor angle but it looked correct. I also thought that maybe the leaf blower pushed water into the sensor housing but I couldn’t tell.

I will pay attention to the sensor next time I wash the corvette.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Most likely the sensor angle was changed and it need to be recalibrate.

You were picking up false alerts from the street. Recalibrate it using the video below and all false alerts will be cured I know it is on a BMW but the calibration method is the same for all cars.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by Homer3D
Has anyone had this issue?

For the most part Curb Alert works perfectly. But I washed my corvette one day and took it for a drive after. While driving I would get the beep sound as if I was coming up to a curb. Road was perfectly flat, wasn’t going in/out of a driveway or anything. I only went for a 4 mile day and it went off roughly every 30 seconds. However, 2 days later I drove the corvette again and everything was fine.

Did the sensor get wet? Water get in the sensor? Did it need time to dry?

I use a leaf blower to dry my car so I thought maybe the wind changed the sensor angle but it looked correct. I also thought that maybe the leaf blower pushed water into the sensor housing but I couldn’t tell.

I will pay attention to the sensor next time I wash the corvette.

Quick Reply: Cure for the Common Curb....