Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

C6 Caravaggio Daytona Seats for Sale

Old 08-03-2011, 02:56 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C6 Caravaggio Daytona Seats for Sale

I have a pair of brand new, never used Caravaggio custom Daytona seats for sale: $6000 plus shipping.

Now for the skinny. I redid the entire interior of my 06 Z06 a couple of years ago now. While I had all the interior gutted and being covered in leather I decided I wanted to do the seats as well. However, I wanted to have power and adjustable bolsters in both seats and, of course, the Z doesn't have that. Plus I kind of wanted to keep the original seats anyways. So I purchased a pair of seats from Cleveland pick a part off of ebay. These seats came out of a wrecked C6 with both sides power, heated and fully adjustable lumbar and bolster bladders in both seats. The air bags had NOT been deployed. So I bought those and had them shipped to me...about a $1000 for the pair when it was all said and done.

I took those seats and installed them into my car to make sure everything worked properly (I had already done the mod to the passenger harness to supply power). Everything worked fine on both sides. I then boxed up the seats to ship to John. This was a major PITA to do. Took an entire evening to box then almost the entire next day to sort out where to drop them off for shipping. But they eventually got there.

Now for the wait. 6 MONTHS...that's not a typo...6 MONTHS I waited for the seats. Now I will say this about John...his work is nothing short of perfect but the wait is really quite long. Never the less, I got the seats back 6 months later. I installed the drivers seat and then sat in it. For me, the seat was about a half inch to inch higher than the stock seat. Also for me, I'm a bit wide in the hips and the fit for me didn't feel as good as the stockers. I was a bit bummed but thought I will put the stock seats back and keep these and maybe try them again later or perhaps for a HPDE I can use them.

Well, I'm still a bit wide in the hips and last month I bought a C5 track prepped car (did my first HPDE this weekend and I'm hooked...OMG am I hooked) so I don't really have a need to keep these laying around. And since I bought the car, of course, now I'm thinking of what I'd like to do to it (coil overs, sways, lift for the garage etc.) and that costs some $$$ as well. So it's time for these to find a proper home and be used like they were intended.

Now, I know this is a serious chunk of money for seats. But if you were already thinking about these and the options are close to what you wanted, you will save $1500 bucks and the entire headache of shipping back your seats as well as the very long wait by buying these seats. I don't want your seats back, you can sell those typically for 600-800 bucks, see them sold on the forum all the time and you'll have the shipping stuff I send you to use to send out your seats.

I still have all the shipping materials John used to send them to me. Of course, I would prefer a local deal but I will ship these to the US and Canada. Typically the best way is by air freight. I will not ship these UPS ground as they will break them and I don't want the hassle of an insurance claim. Method of payment would need to be Certified Cashiers check or wire transfer given the large amount.

One last important note, these have been kept in a climate controlled storage facility ever since I got them. They have been well covered and protected.

Here are a few pictures:

Jay
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
frc
Drifting

Sweet deal. These are on my list to replace my GT seats from Caravaggio just can't swing it right now. Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

If those had silver stitching I'd be very tempted. Great looking seats.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Jack Package
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love that CF back!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Originally Posted by frc
Sweet deal. These are on my list to replace my GT seats from Caravaggio just can't swing it right now. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks.

Sale is pending and slated to meet the buyer on Saturday.

Jay
Old 08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow that was easy! Hope all goes well . Beautiful looking seats.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 AM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by studiovete
Wow that was easy! Hope all goes well . Beautiful looking seats.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:48 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

SOLD

It was much easier than I thought it would be. Forum member here snatched them up and hopefully should be posting some pictures soon. I'm glad they are finally going to be used as they were made to be.

Now, I'm off to buy a lift, some new race bearings for the track car and any other goodies I can think of with my new found booty.

Jay
Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 AM
4MuscleMachines
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a pleasure meeting you Jay. Thanks for everything.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Caravaggio Daytona Seats for Sale

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Caravaggio Daytona Seats for Sale