Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:37 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

Default ***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***

EASY ORDERING ONLINE WITH THE LINK BELOW. ADD ANY ACCESSORY TO YOUR ORDER AT THE SAME TIME!!!

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=251

As many of you may already know, ECS has been using the Mantic line of clutches with great success for the last year. We have been slowly introducing them to the boards intentionally so we have plenty of our own feed back from our racers and daily driver customers so we know we are offering a sound product.

We have used these clutches in everything from road racers, to drag racers, to daily driven street cars, and the response has been very positive from everyone who has been using it! We now have many of them out there, so our feed back is on a lot of installs from several different shops and builds.

Basically I have not found a clutch other then these that offers such a stock like feel and disengagement for all type of driving, with good slip for the drag guys, and effortless high RPM disengagement up top for both the drag guys and the road racers.

This is not a stock pressure plate that is painted a vibrant color and the disc replaced! These are a well engineered clutch for performance use on and off the track.

Mantic street single with ER2 $755

This clutch is best suited for the stock replacement on cars ranging from stock to 600 HP. It comes with a throw out bearing and clutch alignment tool. Flywheel is also included, so you have everything necessary for a complete clutch install.

*Take into consideration the mileage and usage of your vehicle as to whether or not you should replace your pilot bearing and slave cylinder, which is not included. We can supply you with these items if needed. We offer stock slaves, and with remote bleeders installed as well.

What is ER2?
ER2 is a patent pending design which features a unique groove pattern CNC'd to the pressure plate. The groove has been designed to increase the Mean Effective Radius of the pressure plate and assist in heat dissipation. Thus increasing torque capacity by up to 8% compared to the same clutch without the ER2 design.

The Mantic single comes with a dual friction material pressure plate. the pressure plate side utilises an organic facing ring in contact with the ER2 surface, and a segmented cerametallic on the flywheel side. The cerametallic material offers a higher torque capacity, while the organic side offers better streetability. Yielding "the best of both worlds".

MANTIC 9000 series twin disc $1,749

Only ECS offers these with a pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit and FREE shipping in the continental US!!

Mantic 9000 series clutches are twin disc, 9” (225mm) diameter modular clutches that are designed for high performance cars or track use. Mass is critical for a high performance clutch to produce the expected level of performance, and Mantic offers two levels of low mass clutches to allow you to optimize your vehicle performance to your personal driving style. They offer up to 1010ft lbs (1365nm) of torque drive capability.

Mantic 9000 series are low MOI (Moment of Inertia) twin disc clutches that offer a level of performance not only superior to a single disc unit, but also allow you to select options that best suit you.All 9000 SERIES are made with premium quality materials designed to perform and last the distance.

The key to the 9000 SERIES is the street drivability of the Sprung Street Cerametallic discs. These suit high performance engines and enthusiastic driving styles, while allowing excellent drivability when needed. Low pedal effort is another bonus from the 9000 SERIES.

Mantic also offers a triple for the high HP crowd! Capable of holding 1500 ft lbs of TQ, yet still has a nice pedal feel for daily driving conditions.

The triple disc sells for 2,495

Only ECS offers these with a pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit and FREE shipping in the continental US!!

Thanks for your interest

These prices are for the Cerimetallic version, which we have found to be the best fit for the Corvette, be aware when comparison shopping to not be quoted for the organic version which is less expensive!
Attached Images    

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 10-05-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

I have had a handful of questions on the twin disc clutches, so hopefully this answers many of them for you.

The 9000 twin disc is a billet pressure plate and the assembly is SFI approved.

There are four levels to the 9000 series, but we stock the sprung street cerametallic mainly. The "sprung" part of that is the springs you see on the discs in the center which makes the clutch a little more "streetable". That is the assembly that I would recommend for 98% of the cars on this forum.

Before I even list off all the options, let me make it clear all of these clutches have a great pedal feel to them, even the most "race" option, is not bad compared to most aftermarket clutches, but Mantic has been in the business of making OEM clutches, so their interpretation of streetable is OEM or better.

For the most streetable assembly Mantic makes there is the 9000 series full organic sprung. We have sold these to guys who have no intention of racing or heavy slipping off the line, but want a clutch that can hold a lot of power and literally feel better then a stock clutch IMO.

Our most common sale as I said is the 9000 series sprung street ceramettallic, this is a sprung center button type disc that offers a level of performance above organic discs, while offering little negative compromise for street use.

One step up from there performance wise is the Rigid Street Ceramettallic. This is a rigid, non sprung center disc, but with a cushioned button type disc that allows for a harder driving style with the best compromise for pure performance and driveability.

Last is the Rigid track paddle. This has a solid center, non cushioned metallic disc, designed for pure performance. This clutch offers little compromise, engagement is sudden which limits the chance of slippage. It is recommended for road race track use only.

The full assemblies weight 32-34 lbs depending on which one you go with.

Thanks for all the orders guys!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Thanks for the orders guys.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:38 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Just restocked, thanks for the orders guys.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Restocked and also going to test one of the 7000 series triple disc race clutches too, I'll post up our full review!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Thanks for all the orders guys, glad to hear so many happy reviews!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
locosmith
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could you describe how the racing type clutch would feel out on the street vs the rigid street ceramettallic?

Does a good clutch let you shift at high rpms?
Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by locosmith
Could you describe how the racing type clutch would feel out on the street vs the rigid street ceramettallic?

Does a good clutch let you shift at high rpms?

Sure, the difference between the race type clutches and a street clutch is the MOI- moment of inertia, what that means is that the distance on the pedal travel from where it starts to engage to where fully engaged is becomes shorter on the race clutches.
Or simply put, they become more of the "on-off" type of clutch that way.
All the Mantic clutches have a really good disengagement at WOT, the race clutches are just one step better. They do not have the springs between the discs to keep them from rattling when the clutch is depressed though, but it's not that loud without them. Just one step farther from an OEM clutch.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Doug
Old 02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
locosmith
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default ok

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Sure, the difference between the race type clutches and a street clutch is the MOI- moment of inertia, what that means is that the distance on the pedal travel from where it starts to engage to where fully engaged is becomes shorter on the race clutches.
Or simply put, they become more of the "on-off" type of clutch that way.
All the Mantic clutches have a really good disengagement at WOT, the race clutches are just one step better. They do not have the springs between the discs to keep them from rattling when the clutch is depressed though, but it's not that loud without them. Just one step farther from an OEM clutch.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Doug
K cool
More questions..

Are the springs on the street version purely to reduce noise?
Why would you want a shorter clutch pedal travel?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:53 PM
DOUG @ ECS

K cool
More questions..

Are the springs on the street version purely to reduce noise?
Why would you want a shorter clutch pedal travel?

They are to reduce noise mainly.

The race clutches have a shorter MOI because the manufacturer is not as concerned with street manors with a race clutch as they are weight and split second performance gains. The discs are hard mounted instead of using springs to soften the engagement, which gives a fraction of a second quicker engagement, but again takes away from the street ability of the clutch.
Also it is not necessarily that the travel is less, but that the travel is less from where the clutch just starts to grab to when it is fully engaged. That allows you to use things like a clutch stop to shorten the throw of your clutch pedal, which can reduce over all shift times in a racing application.
I hope I answered your question, let me know if not. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Freshly stocked with two more pallets of clutches! Thanks for all the orders guys, we greatly appreciate it, and are glad your happy with your purchase.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 PM
locosmith
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Sounds good sounds goood. Does the all out racing clutch have to rebuilt sooner than the clutch one level under it?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Sounds good sounds goood. Does the all out racing clutch have to rebuilt sooner than the clutch one level under it?
There wouldn't be any longevity diferences from one of the race clutches over the street versions, other then the race clutches are usually abused more so...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
DOUG @ ECS

We now have had a good amount of test time on the 7000 series twin clutch and the results are fantastic! This race clutch does not drive at all like any "race clutch" I have ever driven!

We have one in a NASA road racer and the WOT shifting is very smooth and easy on the trans, there is very little to no noise from the discs, and overall it's just a great clutch that we are very happy with.

I will post up some pictures of the new assembly soon.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 PM
dcrocker316
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 08 Z06 with 32000 miles. i have installed LG headers, high flow cats and h-pipes,a tune, Halltec breather. My guess is 590hp at the flywheel. also installed 345 ps2s that get a much better grip. noticed the clutch slipping a little lately. When i replace the clutch i would like to install a lighter flywheel. Your Mantic street unit comes with a fly- is it lighter, heavier or the same weight as the OEM? Dave
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by dcrocker316
I have a 08 Z06 with 32000 miles. i have installed LG headers, high flow cats and h-pipes,a tune, Halltec breather. My guess is 590hp at the flywheel. also installed 345 ps2s that get a much better grip. noticed the clutch slipping a little lately. When i replace the clutch i would like to install a lighter flywheel. Your Mantic street unit comes with a fly- is it lighter, heavier or the same weight as the OEM? Dave
The assembly is lighter then an OEM clutch assembly, but not drastically. We do not recommend going much lighter on a street driven car.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Restocked yet again, thanks for the sales guys.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=256

Get notified of new replies

To ***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***

Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
DOUG @ ECS

ttt
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
DOUG @ ECS

PRICING REDUCED!!!!

Thanks for the sales guys!!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Two more pallets arrived today, thanks for the sales and we are pleased to have so many happy customers!

Quick Reply: ***Mantic clutches in stock and on special!***