Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Corvette Specific Curb Alert Install Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
vettelover69
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
One of the biggest fears with purchasing the Curb Alert is the installation, folks are unsure how "difficult" the installation is.

To make it easy for Corvette drivers, we just created a Corvette specific Curb Alert install package for the C6 that allows you to do the whole installation within 1 hour. Checkout the video on the page below and you can see the entire installation on a 2009 C6.

Corvette Curb Alert

This is a Southern Car Parts exclusive Corvette Curb Alert package for that has everything crimped and ready to go. Run the wires and plug it in to the fuse box under the passenger floor board and you are off and running.

Just select the Corvette Specific Package when checking out and we will "pre-stage" everything for you prior to shipping so you can install it exactly like in the video.

Video is down towards the bottom of the page....

Corvette Curb Alert Install Video

Thanks,

Jim
Will this work with a mild to wild switch already installed??
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 AM
vettelover69
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

?????????
Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by vettelover69
Will this work with a mild to wild switch already installed??
Yes it will...no issues...

In the video we say to use the seat heater fuse which is the same fuse spot the M2W uses. If you have a M2W installed you simply choose any other accessory fuse location on your fuse panel. If the fuse location you choose is not a 10amp, remove the 10amp fuse from the Curb Alert (there will be two, a 10amp and 7.5amp preinstalled in our Curb Alert). The fuse you remove from your Fuse box for the Curb Alert, place in the location on the curb alert where the 10amp fuse was. Plug the Curb alert into your fuse box and you are off and running. Everything works as it did before.....

Thanks,

Jim
Old 05-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Kfurrows
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no way to install it on a c6 with a front splitter. Except up on the nose where everybody see's it , like in the video , it looks like crap. I have tried everywhere under the splitter ,you get false readings. The nose of the car flexes and you get false readings . When it gets wet more false readings.i have been a mechanic for over 40 years.i just ripped it out and put it in the can.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Kfurrows
There is no way to install it on a c6 with a front splitter. Except up on the nose where everybody see's it , like in the video , it looks like crap. I have tried everywhere under the splitter ,you get false readings. The nose of the car flexes and you get false readings . When it gets wet more false readings.i have been a mechanic for over 40 years.i just ripped it out and put it in the can.
Where did you install it? I cannot even think of a place to put it other than up near the grille. If you think it looks bad hidden up under the nose of the car where were you putting it on the splitter?

I have never tried to install it on the splitter of a C6 (but have installed it on a ZR1 and Z06 with a splitter), but I do believe it would work without an issue even if not installed on the nose like in the video, I am just not sure where you would mount it? Water has NO impact on it at all and neither would the flex in the splitter. I am guessing it probably was not calibrated correctly or did not have a clear view of the road because the only thing that causes a false alert would be calibration or a faulty control module (even if installed on the splitter).

It is a shame you tossed it out because I am certain we could fix your issues with the splitter either with a replacement control module or assistance with the calibration.

Have the trash men already picked up your trash ?

Jim
Old 05-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Kfurrows
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the trash has been picked up. I had it mounted several places under the splitter with a clear view mostly along the backside of the splitter where it meets the underside of the nose. I had it working fine except if I hit a bump it would go off and if It rained hard it went off constantly and at high speeds. I had the control box mounted by the battery and the speaker mounted by the fuse box. I spent time installing it by running the wires thru the firewall.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:17 PM
gbmidyear66
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd be interested to hear if people who (like me) are forced to run a front plate have been happy with the performance?

If there a viable mount location for a GS with a front plate that gives good results?

Thanks

One of the biggest fears with purchasing the Curb Alert is the installation, folks are unsure how "difficult" the installation is.

To make it easy for Corvette drivers, we just created a Corvette specific Curb Alert install package for the C6 that allows you to do the whole installation within 1 hour. Checkout the video on the page below and you can see the entire installation on a 2009 C6.

Corvette Curb Alert

This is a Southern Car Parts exclusive Corvette Curb Alert package for that has everything crimped and ready to go. Run the wires and plug it in to the fuse box under the passenger floor board and you are off and running.

Just select the Corvette Specific Package when checking out and we will "pre-stage" everything for you prior to shipping so you can install it exactly like in the video.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-22-2014, 03:32 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by gbmidyear66
I'd be interested to hear if people who (like me) are forced to run a front plate have been happy with the performance?

If there a viable mount location for a GS with a front plate that gives good results?

Thanks
Yes, sir. You can mount it just off to the side of the front plats....it'll work great.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Sent you a PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Watchie
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Corvette Curb Alert

Thanks,

David

I have a center mounted front license plate bracket (from a popular vendor on this site). This bracket mounts between the top and bottom of the opening in the front bumper, thus precluding the center mount of the sensor under the top of the bumper opening. So here's my question - Can the sensor be placed below the bumper, just above the front spoiler?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:13 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Watchie
I have a center mounted front license plate bracket (from a popular vendor on this site). This bracket mounts between the top and bottom of the opening in the front bumper, thus precluding the center mount of the sensor under the top of the bumper opening. So here's my question - Can the sensor be placed below the bumper, just above the front spoiler?
Absolutely.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:37 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

Is this mounting location acceptable?

Old 11-27-2015, 08:45 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by RC4G
Is this mounting location acceptable?

That's fine.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 AM
mxking
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default wiring

Corvette Curb Alert

Thanks,

David

Is there a place you can run wiring from engine bay into cabin or do you need to drill a hole? If you need to drillhole where us best location ?
Old 05-30-2019, 10:52 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Old 07-02-2019, 07:38 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by mxking
Is there a place you can run wiring from engine bay into cabin or do you need to drill a hole? If you need to drillhole where us best location ?
There are a variety of holes to use, you don't need to drill anything.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:01 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Corvette Curb Alert

Thanks,

David

Quick Reply: Corvette Specific Curb Alert Install Video