Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

New Switchback Technology! Corvette Mods Exclusive ON SALE $49.99

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Rayzzz
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default White

I guess I'll ask this question but with the all white bulb's they still flash but just white. Is that correct?
THANKS RAYZZZ MY CORVETTE LIKES MY MONEY
Old 12-11-2013, 10:28 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Rayzzz
I guess I'll ask this question but with the all white bulb's they still flash but just white. Is that correct?
THANKS RAYZZZ MY CORVETTE LIKES MY MONEY
thats correct if you order the non-switchbacks
Old 01-31-2014, 12:17 AM
Bushum
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ebf2k
I understood that part, but I don't know where to physically place the resistors so they get adequate cooling and don't melt anything.
I know I'm replying to an old post but this is a vendor thread that gets bumped anyway. I had a hard time finding this info with a search so I will put it here. The resistors are installed to the DRL wiring harness. It is easiest to access it down by the fog light. It is the harness that clips to the frame. Connect one end of the resistor to the black wire and the other end to the blue/white wire. Another plus to installing it down there is that you can zip tie the resistor to the frame or hanging from the wiring and give it tons of room to breath without being near anything that could melt.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:19 PM
rnbiker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of switchbacks?

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
Is there a video someplace of these things working? Also... NO danger of fires with these?? I have seen some awful pics of burnt Vettes using this sort of stuff. These are safe?
Old 05-06-2014, 03:03 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by rnbiker
Is there a video someplace of these things working? Also... NO danger of fires with these?? I have seen some awful pics of burnt Vettes using this sort of stuff. These are safe?
no issues, sold for years now on the forum. Videos on the website. thx
Old 09-04-2014, 11:51 AM
FRCEFED
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Received my LED switchbacks with the resistor harnesses and my LED reverse lights. Installed the reverse lights yesterday. Switchbacks hopefully this weekend if I get the time. The reverse lights look a MILLION times better though than stock! Easy replacement. Maybe 10 minutes.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

Be careful not to place the resister on any plastic...mine starred melting the plastic...I placed a heatsink with the resister on the flat side and placed them where air can travel over them..."DO NOT USE WIRE TIES TO SECURE THEM"...IF YOU USE THE RESISTER
Old 02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

With proper install, the resistors don't cause any issues. The resistors only get hot during blinker operation as well.
This is not entirely correct.

Because the BCM uses the bright filament of the 3157 as the DRL (same filament is used for the turn signal flash) the resistor will receive power when the DRL's are on as well as when the turn signals are flashing.

That being said unless you use a switched relay or IC in conjunction with the resistor it will get extremely hot (250-300 degrees depending on location) whenever your DRL's are on so do not mount directly on your wiring harness or any plastic components.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:00 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by RC4G
This is not entirely correct.

Because the BCM uses the bright filament of the 3157 as the DRL (same filament is used for the turn signal flash) the resistor will receive power when the DRL's are on as well as when the turn signals are flashing.

That being said unless you use a switched relay or IC in conjunction with the resistor it will get extremely hot (250-300 degrees depending on location) whenever your DRL's are on so do not mount directly on your wiring harness or any plastic components.
The instructions state not to apply to plastic and they do in fact only generate heat in blinker mode
Old 02-02-2015, 03:07 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

The instructions state not to apply to plastic and they do in fact only generate heat in blinker mode
Please explain how that is possible when the C6 uses the same filament for the turn signal flash and DRL.

Since the only way to eliminate hyperflash is to place the resistor on that circuit the resistor will receive power (and get hot) any time that circuit receives voltage, meaning both when the DRL is lit solid and when the turn signal flashes.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:36 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Quick Reply: New Switchback Technology! Corvette Mods Exclusive ON SALE $49.99