Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP Retrofit kit. More Control Choices! Lifetime Warranty!

Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by alaahnx
Got a 2012 withOUT the NPP option. Thinking of adding a pair of the npp mufflers as well as the controller.

Would such an addition be a 100% "reproduction" of the GM system? If not what would be the differences!

How would such an addition reflect on the car warranty?

What happens to the main function of locking the doors?! Would it still be functional?

Any recommendation on where to get the job done in Chicago area? Time needed for the job? Total costs?
Adding NPP mufflers using Exhaust Commander Elite is even better than a factory NPP system!

Instead of the gm computer deciding when to operate the exhaust butterflies, you have total Command of the NPP system!

You get three user modes:
1:loud mode, butterflies always open
2:quiet mode, butterflies always closed
3:user rpm mode, you select the rpm at which te butterflies open and close at.

The lock and unlock button function exactly as they did from the factory. To operate the exhaust you press lock button Twice to change exhaust modes.

The mode selected displays on the DIC and HUD for 3 seconds letting you know what mode you selected.

When outside of the car your Corvette keyfob remote can change the modes of the exhaust!

Your warranty is not affected, we do not write any software to the car's computers.

We don't have a shop to recommend in the Chicago area, but hopefully some other members can chime in and recommend a shop near you.

If you need any additional info, give us a call at 830-44-Vette!

Thanks,

Ben
Sunset Orange Creations
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM
mefly2
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by alaahnx
Got a 2012 withOUT the NPP option. Thinking of adding a pair of the npp mufflers as well as the controller.

Would such an addition be a 100% "reproduction" of the GM system? If not what would be the differences!

How would such an addition reflect on the car warranty?

What happens to the main function of locking the doors?! Would it still be functional?

Any recommendation on where to get the job done in Chicago area? Time needed for the job? Total costs?
PM if you'd like my experience ... in a word, WOW!
Everyone that I have demoed mine to has been envious ... much better than factory control because you can easily close off or open up the system based on your preferences ... totally open at start or closed at start ... you select RPM to open/close or not. And, you can use the lock button on either or BOTH the door and the factory remote- again, your choice! I don't think that I have enjoyed any other upgrade more than this controller. And, Ben is a great guy that shares his expertise if you need him.
I have no connection with Sunset - just a VERY happy customer.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM
ALLEN007
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Am I understanding this right? I have a 2005 with standard exhaust. One of these kits are all I need to turn my basic exhaust into dual mode exhaust. Or am I missing something? Thanks!!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Vettlldo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Elite Commander works perfectly on my 2012! Thanks, Ben!

Ed
Old 09-02-2013, 01:38 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ALLEN007
Am I understanding this right? I have a 2005 with standard exhaust. One of these kits are all I need to turn my basic exhaust into dual mode exhaust. Or am I missing something? Thanks!!
In order to add NPP exhaust to your car you need two items.

#1 A pair of Bi-mode mufflers
#2 The Exhaust Commander All in 1 NPP retrofit kit to control the mufflers.

Since your car is a 2005 and didn't come with bi mode mufflers you would need both the mufflers and the retrofit kit in order to have a working bi mode exhaust on your car.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Kozzzz
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got around to installing Exhaust Commander Elite retrofit kit and a set of NPP mufflers on my 2012 Grand Sport (that didn't have the NPP option from the factory). Everything works well, and I LOVE the new sound I have! I figured I'd be content driving around in the "user" mode and basically just reproduce the NPP system that my car was lacking, but I found myself riding around in "loud" more often then not just to keep the valves open during idles and low speed cruising through the city. Very pleased! :-D

Originally Posted by Kozzzz
Just placed an order for an Elite retrofit kit
Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeCreations
It's on it's way!

Be sure t let us know how you like it.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:47 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Kozzzz
Finally got around to installing Exhaust Commander Elite retrofit kit and a set of NPP mufflers on my 2012 Grand Sport (that didn't have the NPP option from the factory). Everything works well, and I LOVE the new sound I have! I figured I'd be content driving around in the "user" mode and basically just reproduce the NPP system that my car was lacking, but I found myself riding around in "loud" more often then not just to keep the valves open during idles and low speed cruising through the city. Very pleased! :-D
Thank very much for the message!

We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your Exhaust Commander Elite and NPP exhaust!

Old 10-12-2013, 01:24 AM
C6DarkKnight
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it possible to open and close the mufflers while driving?
Old 10-12-2013, 01:27 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by C6DarkKnight
is it possible to open and close the mufflers while driving?
Absolutely!!

That is what this kit does. It allows you to add bi mode exhaust to you Corvette and control the opening and closing of the butterflies on fly while you drive!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:54 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Zero Battery Drain, available with DASH DIC or Car2U Universal Visor remote control. Also has the available option of automatic RPM opening mode available with the Exhaust Commander Elite option!.

So many choices its specifically built to your specs!

There is No Drilling Required to install this kit in your car.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 PM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Hey Ben I have your exhaust commander on my Z06 with the little blue fobs and the orange button. I'd prefer to do the dic or lock button version of the system. Do I have to remove and replace anything to make this work and how much would it cost thanks! Bump for a great product.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by iwantaz06now
Hey Ben I have your exhaust commander on my Z06 with the little blue fobs and the orange button. I'd prefer to do the dic or lock button version of the system. Do I have to remove and replace anything to make this work and how much would it cost thanks! Bump for a great product.
One of the cool features of the Exhaust Commander ALL-in1 NPP retrofit kit it is easily upgradable. You dont need to buy a new retrofit kit each upgrade. All you need to do is purchase the controller version you want to upgrade to.

The Exhaust Commander Elite controller uses the door lock button on the door panel and the lock button on the cars keyfob. It has 3 user modes, Loud Mode, Quiet Mode, and USER RPM Mode.

Here is the purchase link: Exhaust Commander Elite

The Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. uses the DIC reset button. It also has the option of having a wireless remote.

The purchase link for the D.A.S.H. controller is here: Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H.

When you place your order just put in the notes that this is for upgrading a NPP retrofit kit and we will get the correct upgraded controller for your kit.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 830-44-VETTE.

Ben
Old 11-21-2013, 11:47 AM
BEAR 55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Exhaust Commander All in 1 NPP retrofit kit installed yesterday. Great product and it works great! I called 2 other vendors with questions about the install on a convertible because all the instructions I could find were for a coupe. They would not answer my questions, but said they had them in stock and would ship me one. Then I found Ben at Sunset Orange Creations, he answered my questions and gave me his cell phone # if I had more questions before purchasing or during the install. Guess who got my order!!
Great vendor, great product, Lifetime Warranty!! What more could you ask for?
Thanks Ben
Old 12-09-2013, 09:50 AM
mefly2
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeCreations
Check it out!

Exhaust Commander Elite is now available as a NPP retrofit kit!

Fantastic product; you will enjoy it over and over! I know that we do.
Thanks again, Ben.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:52 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

On Sale now!

Lifetime warranty!

100% ZERO BATTERY DRAIN in every configuration!

Get yours now!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP Retrofit kit. More Control Choices! Lifetime Warranty!