Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

GI: Corsa Sport 3" for Z06 trade for something else...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 AM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default GI: Corsa Sport 3" for Z06 trade for something else...

Just as the title says. I have a 3" Corsa sport axle back on my 08 C6 i'm thinking about trading or selling for something else. I love the Corsa... Just wouldn't mind something with a bi-mode switch instead. Corsa is in perfect condition.

My car is a built A6 car and I'm currently running 1-7/8" AR headers, 3" ARH X-pipe and the 3" Corsa sports with quad 4" tips. Car has a fairly large blower cam in it and also has a T-trim. Needless to say, it sounds amazing! With my setup in particular, the exhaust is always loud but the nice part is, on the hwy, no drone at all!! You hear the exhaust a little but no resonance. When u step on the gas, it'll wake the dead!! Pretty much the best setup you could have. Some don't like the crisp sound of the Corsa but to me, it sounds throaty and vicious. When u really rip into it, it has that exotic scream which is def characteristic of the Corsa.

I've run Corsa on my last 3 vehicles so I'm considering a change just to try something else. I don't want anything that is going to have a ton of drone. It's an A6 car so that's important to me... Hence why something with a bi-mode would be appealing.

Really looking to trade for a B&B Fusion system or maybe a stock Z06 or ZR-1 axle back. Must be the one with the straight pipe on the loud side and perforated pipe on the quiet side. Not the other way around! Will also consider GHL bullets! I love the car LOUD but I don't want a ton of drone so most likely, borla stingers and B&B bullets are out of the question.

Willing to trade up or down. Cash can be put up for the difference on my end as I would expect cash with your system if mine is much more valuable.

I may consider selling outright but I'd have to find a replacement first so for now, I'll say $1000 to satisfy forum rules. I'll get serious with the outright price if I buy what i want, replace it and get it off the car which in that case I may keep the Corsa for a short while to ensure I don't regret the swap and want to go back to something I know works perfectly for what I want. Really just have the itch to try something else.... But I'm happy with the Corsa so I'm not hurting to let it go. Just seeing what's out there.

http://youtu.be/NMsJGi7dbzQ

Here's the exhaust on the car. I'll get some idle clips and normal driving clips soon. It is by no means tame... Lol at least on my car anyway.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Bump...
Old 10-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Vital Velocity
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

If you get serious about selling let me know
Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Ok. I won't be any kind of serious though unless I get another system, install it and decide i like it better. Honestly leaning toward trying the GHL axle back because try claim no drone as well.

Fusions would also be nice though.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Vital Velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11

No biggie, i'm just looking to try something different than my stingers if I can find something locally
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

I love the sound if stingers... Just hate the drone. Lol
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Vital Velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11

I like the stingers but prefer the pitch of the corsa
Old 10-29-2012, 09:15 PM
THE BLACK WIDOW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Borla touring on my Z06 with full bolt ons and it sounds good.. no drone and loud when you lay into it.
I like the sound of the corsa as well but love the tips on the Borla

James
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 AM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Seems like the pitch is hit or miss. It's def a little higher pitched and almost exotic sounding at times. The borla is nice too but I've always had issues with the drone. Ran stingers on my 03 cobra and on an old vette I had and the sound outside was great but drone inside was horrible. I've never tried the touring but it most likely wouldn't be loud enough outside the car for me.

Looking for stock 2011+ Z06 mufflers or ZR1 mufflers.

Get notified of new replies

To GI: Corsa Sport 3" for Z06 trade for something else...

Quick Reply: GI: Corsa Sport 3" for Z06 trade for something else...