Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB: Aluminum C6 frame

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Bkennard18
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Aluminum C6 frame

I am starting a project and need a aluminum C6 frame. Please let me know if you or anyone you may know has one I can get my hands on, for a decent price. I would prefer a car that has been wrecked in the rear and parted out thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM
sammy burks
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Z06 & ZR1s are the only ones that came with a aluminum frame, internet would be a good starting pont. LOL
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Bkennard18
Intermediate

I understand that the Internet is a good starting point hence me posting on this forum. I also know what models the frames come on. I had posted with hopes of finding a frame from a stripped/wrecked car.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
vetterestorer
Drifting

Check with slingindirt' he is parting a zo6 in Georgia I think.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:18 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Going to be very difficult to buy just a frame since the cabin complete with windshield frame and halo frame is welded/bolted/screwed and or glued to the frame rails.
Attached Images   
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Bkennard18
Intermediate

I am planing on building a 10.5 tire drag car and need the stock frame to satisfy rules I want the aluminum frame due to weight. I do not need title. And I do not care how the frame comes if parts of the vehicle are bolted welded etc as I will be stripping down to the bare amount of frame needed to satisfy rules.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You'd be better off looking at C3 frames. That's the last year a Corvette body could be unbolted and lifted off the frame. The onlt place with a bare frame will be the manufacturer. If you insist on a C6 frame then be prepared to buy a complete body and frame. If you were planning on Corvette suspension, crossmembers and drive line you'll have to buy that separately since most places only sell partial cars that way. Your choice; body and frame combo or suspension,crossmembers and driveline seperately.

Maybe your best bet would be to buy a complete Z06, use what you need and sell the rest?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Bkennard18
Intermediate

I need the frame to satisfy rules nothing else on the car is needed if I get more then the frame is not a problem as I have the ability to take it down to the frame the frame again is not for structural support but to satisfy rules the main structure is built on a jig and I need a C6 frame to run the body I want. I would prefer the aluminum frame as the weight savings is with the price difference.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be happy to help you with new if you decide to go that route. Please feel free to visit our website (www.PartsTaxi.com), shoot me an email at kevin@partstaxi.com, or call me at 302-883-0227. I look forward to helping you!
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com

Shoot me an email when you get a chance. I ordered one of these new a few months ago, and if I remember correctly, it wasn't terribly expensive. I'll respond to your email with pricing and you decide from there. Thinking an event win contingency payout might cover it.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Aluminum C6 frame

Quick Reply: WTB: Aluminum C6 frame