Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

2012 Seat Conversion and Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Seat Conversion and Seat Covers

2012 Seat Conversion Package

This is a complete kit of all OEM GM parts needed to convert your 2005-2011 C6 to the new design 2012 C6 seats.

Package Includes;
All 6 Seat Covers
All 6 Seat Pads
Seat Back Release Handle, Cable & Bezel
Retainers
Seat Heater Elements if requested

Updated 2012 C6 Seat Conversion Kit - $1398
+$70 for Alcentera (Suede)
+$158.90 for new Seat Heater Elements

You can order through HERE – 2012 Corvette Seat Upgrade Package for all C6 Corvettes

As there are so many options available with these new seats, when ordering, please note in the comment section of the order
1) What Color (if two tone, what color combination) you are ordering
2) What Stitching Color
3) Head Rest Logo if any
4) If you are ordering all Leather/Perforated Leather, or the Leather/Alcantara (Suede) for additional $70
5) If your vehicle is equip with heated seats

If you are unsure of the availability of your color combination, or have any questions, please email us at parts@partstaxi.com

To date, the most popular options have been Ebony/ebony suede, and Ebony/dark titanium suede. Please keep in mind, to get the contrasting color stitching (titanium, yellow, red or blue), you would need to get the suede inserts. If going with the suede inserts, the cross flag logo in the headrest (if you choose that logo) will be monochromatic, not multi color.

For those of you that already have 2012-2013, but want to change your seating surfaces/colors, we can do that as well. Depending on color and material, packages start at $730 for all 6 seat covers, and can go up around $1050. Please contact me directly for assistance or quotes on these packages.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I want to do you just the seat backs, the upper seat portion, and not do the bottom seat portion, can that be done and it match up and look proper?

If so, what would be the price for doing the upper seat portions?
Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 PM
mr056
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are they available in all red leather covers?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by Silverado Desperado
If I want to do you just the seat backs, the upper seat portion, and not do the bottom seat portion, can that be done and it match up and look proper?

I did the total conversion on my 08.

The shade of red on the 2012 seats is brighter on the 2012 seats. IMHO, it wouldn't look right.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,924 Likes on 5,330 Posts

I have a 3LZ Z06 with the Ebony and Linen leather wrapped interior. The seats are Ebony with Linen center sections on the seat back and bottom. GM dropped the Ebony and Linen option so the new seats aren't available in that combination. I want to keep the seat bottom and the seat back center section that match my doors, dash and console lid so I have been thinking I would buy the seat foam and skin for the seat back outer section and just install it. Will the old heated seat back center section install the same and fit properly with 2012 seat back outer foam and skin or did they change the shape of the center section when they changed the outer?

Bill
Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

If I do just the seatbacks will it look a-ok and close enough using the 2012 1LT seatbacks in ebony on earlier 1LT ebony seats?
Old 06-19-2013, 02:06 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Really depends on what color seats you have and what you want to change the back to. As posted above, the reds are slightly different, but the ebony is a good match. However, if you have linen stitching on the bottom, I can't get a match to that. Give me a call or shoot me an email and we will get something put together for you.

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I have a 3LZ Z06 with the Ebony and Linen leather wrapped interior. The seats are Ebony with Linen center sections on the seat back and bottom. GM dropped the Ebony and Linen option so the new seats aren't available in that combination. I want to keep the seat bottom and the seat back center section that match my doors, dash and console lid so I have been thinking I would buy the seat foam and skin for the seat back outer section and just install it. Will the old heated seat back center section install the same and fit properly with 2012 seat back outer foam and skin or did they change the shape of the center section when they changed the outer?

Bill
Bill,
The 2012 center section on the back is larger then the previous version. I don't believe you'll be able to to make your existing insert fit properly.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

is it a special deal? Because those are the usual price right ?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
mr056
Racer

Just ordered a set shipping to oxnard california. Can you please make sure they are red.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 PM
mr056
Racer

Ive called and sent e-mails and no one gets back to me on my order!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Vettlldo
Melting Slicks

I have a 2012 4LT Centennial. How much for just the 6 seat covers? Nothing wrong with mine just want to purchase a set for future replacement.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:20 PM
mr056
Racer

anyone at parts taxi?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:40 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mr056
anyone at parts taxi?
I'm very sorry, but I haven't seen any emails from you. How can I help?
Kevin
Old 07-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

I would like to replace only the upper seat backs and do that conversion on a black interior 1LT car. Will that look a-okay and proper?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 PM
jmule
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 1LT Seat Conversion

I would like to replace only the upper seat backs and do that conversion on a black interior 1LT car. Will that look a-okay and proper?
I recently purchased new all leather seat covers for my 1LT "standard" seats. These seat covers are for "sport" seats and there is a difference between the seats.

The 1LT seats have only two pieces of foam, 1 seat bottom and one upper back rest foam piece. The sport seats have three pieces of foam. 1 outer/back rest piece, 1 middle back rest piece and 1 seat bottom foam.

The 1LT back rest foam is thinner in many areas and less supportive. One other major difference is the 1LT back rest DOES NOT have the plastic foam hooks mounted on the ridged seat back, you will need to order online or dealer.

You may only have the option of ordering sport seat foam that already has the side airbag cutout and my 1LT seats did not have the side airbag. I had to glue in a filler piece of foam to correct that problem.

I also had to order the foam hooks from my local dealer in order to mount the center foam piece. (part number: 19122854) Takes two per seat and they screw in place. The seat back are fortunately marked for mounting the hooks.

I ordered seat bottom foam that is more supportive and have reinforcement in the right areas to prevent foam breakdown. http://www.shop.djmotorsportaccessories.com/

The installation is pretty simple with the right tools and I am so glad to get rid to the vinyl and crappy support. I will put some pics up when I get a chance.

Last edited by jmule; 07-08-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:28 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

We look forward to earning your business!

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Seat Conversion and Seat Covers

Quick Reply: 2012 Seat Conversion and Seat Covers