Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Another Scammer

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Another Scammer

CrusherCobra purchased a set of 360 forged wheels from me last week. He paid through paypal on November 13th . I shipped the wheels out the next day and added the tracking info to the paypal transaction. He paid shipping and provided the shipping labels. The wheels arrived to his business today, November 19th and I received a text message from him stating that his wife did not want him to have the wheels and she is requesting a charge back from their bank. I told him I would refund the money and he can ship the wheels back. His response to that was "my wife destroyed the wheels and slashed the tires, they're a total loss".

It looks like I'm going to be out the wheels and the $3600 after the charge back goes through. Please help me in any way and let me know if I can offer any help. I'm really hoping he changes his mind and doesn't go through with it. The wheels were sold because I needed the money for personal reasons therefore is already spent and if it gets pulled out it will overdraft my account.

Last edited by Nate B; 11-30-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:21 PM
eagmail
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

provide all the information to your bank text messages etc they can fight it.

especially if you have trackinng etc etc and text messages

pm me i am in miami
Old 11-19-2014, 11:29 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Nothing will happen if you do not receive the wheels back. Refunds, especially through paypal are contingent upon the merchandise being returned. Once, and if they are returned, open the boxes or packages in the presence of the delivery guy and document the damage.

BE proactive and and stay on paypal and your charge card company, daily if necessary. That is if you want to retain your money.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:31 PM
c6z07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call his local police asap and show them everything trust me
Old 11-20-2014, 06:21 AM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Chargeback my a$$

That's the whole reason you use PayPal and their high rates to begin with is protection against this mess

Their rules.....no happy....return unhurt,,,,,,refund
No return, or merch is damaged.....tooo bad for him

Take full advantage of their rules and use it against them.....
Don't be a victim

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 11-20-2014, 07:33 AM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default PayPal

PayPal is getting to be the way NOT to send money or pay for items. The lag time to get credit back to your account is getting worse and the time it takes them to return money back to your bank account is lacking in today's world of electronic banking. Keep up the vigilance and hopefully you will prevail.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:20 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Call the police NOW
Old 11-20-2014, 08:32 AM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bank will NOT refund this amount unless you have the wheels back "un damaged" in your possession so no worries here.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:45 AM
ZR_Ron1
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's nuts, I'm local here in Miami if there's anything you need me to do. Maybe drop by and take a picture of the business something.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:16 AM
RED2008Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar situation on Ebay a while back. I called the Sheriff dept it the guys county and made them aware of buyer. They straightened it out for me. It was some kind of wire or mail fraud. Good luck!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:25 AM
11GrandSport
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Unfortunately there is some dishonest people out there. Hopefully it will work out. After my first experience selling wheels on here I said I would never ship something like that again. Thankfully mine was only $535 and not the $3600 you are dealing with.

Long Story Short:
They buyer claimed what I sent was not as described and paypal refunded him the money. Upon receiving the wheels back I opened the packages while delivery man was there and took pictures with delivery man in them. Thankfully I had numerous pictures of each wheel while packaging,with my phone showing date I picture. The wheels I shipped had some curb rash (as described and shown) which turned out to be great identifying marks for comparison. Buyer shipped back different severely damaged wheels that did not have the marks in same places. After presenting this, Paypal refunded the money back to me. Took about 6 weeks or so dealing with the process before being refunded.

I have bought and sold hundreds of things on ebay with 100% percent feedback and this is was the first problem I have ever had selling something. I have always and continue to sell, especially big items on local craigslist. Usually takes longer but no disputing in person and receive CASH! I also try and buy big/major items in person so I am not deceived as a buyer.

Hard to trust people these days! Hopefully it will work out for you.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

I hope it all works out! I'm going to stay on top of it and not let him get away with this
Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Watchie
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate B
I'm going to start off my saying that as of right now no scam has been committed but I'm preparing myself..

CrusherCobra purchased a set of 360 forged wheels from me last week. He paid through paypal using the email minimarketanddeli@att.net for the purchase on November 13th . I shipped the wheels out the next day and added the tracking info to the paypal transaction. Franklin Diaz, the name attached to the paypal account. He paid shipping and provided the shipping labels. The wheels arrived to his business today, November 19th and I received a text message from him stating that his wife did not want him to have the wheels and she is requesting a charge back from their bank. Paypal told me that they cant do anything if the bank issues a charge back. I told him I would refund the money and he can ship the wheels back. His response to that was "my wife destroyed the wheels and slashed the tires, they're a total loss". He sent me an email from vandame04@aol.com IP address 99.159.246.140 which looks like its from the same address that the wheels were shipped to. I did a little research and found Franklin Diaz is the president of the company at this address, Mini Market 10th Ave & Deli, 16678 NE 10th Ave, North Miami Beach, FL 33162. I have all messages from the forum and all texts from him.

It looks like I'm going to be out the wheels and the $3600 after the charge back goes through. Please help me in any way and let me know if I can offer any help. I'm really hoping he changes his mind and doesn't go through with it. The wheels were sold because I needed the money for personal reasons therefore is already spent and if it gets pulled out it will overdraft my account. Paypal also told me if I have a negative balance for more than 30 days they will send me to collections....
First, immediately move the money from your Paypal account to your bank account. Second, immediately contact HIS bank and advise them of the situation. Finally, in writing advise the buyer that you will take all necessary actions to enforce your legal rights in this matter, to include pursuing both civil and criminal remedies should he proceed with what clearly appears to be a theft from you (regardless of what he claims his wife's sentiments regarding the purchase to be).

Oh, and yes - call the cops. Now. Really, right now.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:12 PM
JakeC6Racing
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is absolutely ridiculous and I have no doubt that when the proper evidence is presented, you will not be held liable for the money. As said above, get in touch with paypal, your credit card company, and the police in his county. His wife destroying his wheels is his problem, not yours.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

Investigation has been started with his local police department and paypal is informed with all info. Local police informed me that if the charge back happens there will be a warrant for his arrest and criminal theft charges will be filed.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Proracing
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad the police is working with you on this. I hate people that try to scam you out of your hard earned money. Total BS!! I hope he gets hit hard for this so he won't do it to anyone else. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Originally Posted by Nate B
Investigation has been started with his local police department and paypal is informed with all info. Local police informed me that if the charge back happens there will be a warrant for his arrest and criminal theft charges will be filed.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Scammer

Old 11-20-2014, 02:40 PM
11GrandSport
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Good to hear. More people need to stand up to this to help stop it from happening to someone else. A lot of people give up to soon and let them get away because of the aggravation involved.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
MH663
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcho Polo
GREAT TO HEAR!!!!!!

Good for you!

Old 11-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

Officer paid a visit to his work and he's not real happy lol. I think he's changing his mind on the charge back

Quick Reply: Another Scammer