Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Sun Visor

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Bailey15
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sun Visor

The cover on my mirror snapped off of my driver side sun visor and naturally in order to fix it I will have to purchase a whole new visor.

I went by my local Chevrolet dealer and they quoted the following:

-Sun visor with garage button is $249
- Sun visor without garage button is $199

The labor to install this would be $99 in addition to the parts price. They did say I can bring it in (if I bought it somewhere else) and they would still install it for the same price.

Questions I have:

1) Do these prices seem reasonable or should I research somewhere online to get these visors at a lesser price?

2) My current sun visor does have the garage button/mirror light...do I need to get this one or can I get the one without the garage button (I never use it)?

3) How easy of a fix is this- is this something I can replace myself or would it be best to have someone replace it for me? I know there will be some electrical connections (light, etc.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Type in " C6 Sunvisor cover " on the big Eb auction site and you'll find a new sunvisor cover for $40.00 or less and replace it yourself.
Myself and many others have done this

NO Need to replace or even remove the Whole Sunvisor !!

You should find everything you need to know in this thread, .. where to get and how to replace Only the cover.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ge-repair.html

Last edited by Dif; 11-28-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:35 PM
terrymccoyc6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you decide to buy a new one, I got mine from huffines chev in tx 972-538-7000 for 184.47. I bought it on ebay. I installed it myself.
Not too difficult.

Get notified of new replies

To Sun Visor

Quick Reply: Sun Visor