Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

(ARHeaders) New guy at ARH, how can we help.........................?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:22 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default (ARHeaders) New guy at ARH, how can we help.........................?????

I've been here on the forum since 2003, made a lot of friends, learned a lot of things, I've now transitioned this passion into a FT career at American Racing Headers on Long Island, NY.

Corvette background? Absolutely, I've owned a 98, 99FRC, 00FRC, 02 Z06 MY, 02 Z06 EB, 02 SW coupe, 03 Z06 (x2 yellow, Elec Blue) and now currently daily drive the Atomic Orange 2007 (130,000 miles plus).

Proudly served in the USAF AD 94-98 crewing F16's (Vipers), worked in the CT ANG A10's (Hogs) from 98-05, worked as a traditional ANGuardsman in Vermont on F16's again 99-13, now a traditional Reservist at Westover, MA on the massive C5's.

As many of you know, ARH strives for "Best in Class, Second to None". This is found not only in the 100% Made in USA product we handcraft and deliver, but also our Customer Service from the point of purchase to years down the road.

We are here to help you optimize the Horsepower/Torque from your C6, from installation, finding the right tuner/shop, and answering however many questions you may have.

Hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving

FIRST C7 IN THE 9's....ARH Equipped.

631-608-1986 ext. 101

Email: steve@americanracingheaders.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/americanracingheaders
Web: www.AmericanRacingHeaders.com
USAF/OIF VETERAN
Old 11-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the new position. I love my ARH headers.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

I have always supported ARH

From Canada !!!

Sebastien
Old 12-10-2014, 08:15 PM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Steve -
My motor is apart for the LS7 valve guide repair work, and I'm looking at cams now. The folks that I'm talking to on cams can't fathom that I'm not thinking LTs.

Shoot me a number on 1 7/8, with catted x-pipe for my 08 Zo6. I can do local pickup, or ship, whichever is less expensive for me.

Mike
Old 12-10-2014, 08:49 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You can giv me a deal I can't refuse for a none chatted 1-7/8 headed and h-pipe for my boosted 06 z06.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:53 PM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Do you guys offer ceramic coating on your headers? I've never seen coating as an option from any of your vendors. I'm in the market for some 1 7/8 longtubes and catless x pipe for my Z.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:35 AM
silvrhand
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Highly suggested to make sure your headers are jet coated, the heat reduction was so nice.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:37 AM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by silvrhand
Highly suggested to make sure your headers are jet coated, the heat reduction was so nice.
With the heat issues a lot of people have related to long tubes on these cars, it seems like it's pretty much a necessity.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:39 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
Congratulations on the new position. I love my ARH headers.
Thanks very much!!

Originally Posted by Sébast19X
I have always supported ARH
From Canada !!!
Sebastien
Glad to see you cracking new records at the track Sebastien!!

Originally Posted by zulatr
Hey Steve -
My motor is apart for the LS7 valve guide repair work, and I'm looking at cams now. The folks that I'm talking to on cams can't fathom that I'm not thinking LTs.
Shoot me a number on 1 7/8, with catted x-pipe for my 08 Zo6. I can do local pickup, or ship, whichever is less expensive for me.
Mike
Hi Mike, hope things are going well in CT, best to email or have your tuner call us, I'm guessing your going to Don Kinder?

Originally Posted by GeneSch
You can giv me a deal I can't refuse for a none chatted 1-7/8 headed and h-pipe for my boosted 06 z06.
Best to use your local tuner or email.

Originally Posted by rio95
Do you guys offer ceramic coating on your headers? I've never seen coating as an option from any of your vendors. I'm in the market for some 1 7/8 longtubes and catless x pipe for my Z.
We do not offer ceramic coating as it's just not needed on daily driven car when using 100% USA sourced 304 SS.

Originally Posted by silvrhand
I daily drive my 2007 over 20,000 miles each, I can't notice a difference in reduction of heat.

With the heat issues a lot of people have related to long tubes on these cars, it seems like it's pretty much a necessity.
With all due respect, I don't suggest coating 304ss headers, we send out LESS THAN 1% of the systems to get coated.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:10 PM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH
Thanks very much!!

Glad to see you cracking new records at the track Sebastien!!

Hi Mike, hope things are going well in CT, best to email or have your tuner call us, I'm guessing your going to Don Kinder?

Best to use your local tuner or email.

We do not offer ceramic coating as it's just not needed on daily driven car when using 100% USA sourced 304 SS.

I daily drive my 2007 over 20,000 miles each, I can't notice a difference in reduction of heat.

With all due respect, I don't suggest coating 304ss headers, we send out LESS THAN 1% of the systems to get coated.

So you don't agree there are heat related issues on some C6Z's with long tubes?

The fact that they're made of 100% U.S. made 304 SS has nothing to do with me saying that I think coating may be a good idea for heat reduction. Unless you think Chinese made steel has some notable difference related to heat, but I doubt that.

Unless you had issues without coating, I doubt you'd think coating is worthwhile. Although another benefit of coating is being able to work on your car sooner after its been running without burning the crap out of your hands. The wrap I have on my hot side tubing on my turbo mustang is awesome! It has saved me from burns MANY times. Night and day difference. I'm not sure if ceramic costing is as effective for that or not, but I've heard it's pretty noticeable.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:52 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

So you don't agree there are heat related issues on some C6Z's with long tubes?
Correct, I do not agree. Would the velocity of exhaust gasses slow down in a coated header? To the point of needing timing removed from the tune from the increased cylinder head temperature?

With all due respect, I'd prefer to not discuss coating in this thread. It is LESS THAN 1% of the systems we produce that are shipped to the coater.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Lerxst
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve -
Thanks for spending time with me on the phone this afternoon discussing headers and "other" Corvette mods. I'll be in touch with BlackDog Racing here locally (actually a few miles from my offce) for purchasing your headers for my 2013 427.
Appreciate your time, suggestions and advice.
Regards,
Steve -
Old 01-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Chevy911
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your new position I'm also a served in the USAF, I'm in need of some long tubes for my 05 vette. Pm me a number on 1 3/4 catted

Get notified of new replies

To (ARHeaders) New guy at ARH, how can we help.........................?????

Quick Reply: (ARHeaders) New guy at ARH, how can we help.........................?????