Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

New MSD Timing Twister 86251 for LS2/LS7 - for FI / Nitrous / Meth applications

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Dayton937
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New MSD Timing Twister 86251 for LS2/LS7 - for FI / Nitrous / Meth applications

SOLD

$140 Shipped. Almost $300 off retail.

Install Instructions to give idea on it's capabilities
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...b6z8cCmIYy71kg

New. Never got around to installing. Still has the twist ties on the wires and all mounting hardware, etc. The retail box has tape on it and torn so I'll rebox it before shipping. I think I paid just short of $400 for it, can't remember.

I run a Procharger with meth. I was going to use this to pull timing if anything went wrong with fuel, boost, meth, etc. I think Chris (gforce1320) runs one of these. Maybe he can chime in with experience.

Summit Product Info: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-86251

Product Info pulled from web:
Timing Twister

Features:
*Adjust the timing with a simple twist!
*Advance the ignition timing up to 9
*Select a step retard up to 18 for nitrous use
*Twist in a boost retard from .1 to 1.9 per pound of boost
*Available for GM LS1 and LS2 platforms, Chrysler Hemi and late model Fords

Imagine the fun you ll have tuning your late-model ride with MSD s new Timing Twister! This sophisticated, user friendly control plugs into the stock wiring harness and gives you the ability to adjust the engine s timing with the twist of a dial.

The Timing Twister has four rotary dials that give you the ability to advance the timing curve, set up a step retard or even select a retard rate based on boost pressure. Control over the timing can help improve economy, improve performance and help tune the engine for other modifications.

The Timing Twister does not modify ignition timing at idle, but becomes active above 1,800 rpm. Once above that rpm, the entire timing curve can be advanced up to 9 in 1 increments. There is another setting for a wire-activated step retard, primarily designed for use with nitrous oxide. Another great feature is for the forced induction crowd. When used with the optional MAP sensor, you can easily dial in a retard that is based on boost pressure. Twist in .1 - 1.9 of timing per pound of boost to retard the timing up to 30

MSD Timing Twister Timing Controller For GM GEN IV LS2 Engines. M46-86251 Imagine the fun youll have tuning your late-model ride with MSDs new Timing Twister! This sophisticated, user friendly control plugs into the stock wiring harness and gives you the ability to adjust the engines timing with the twist of a dial.The Timing Twister has four rotary dials that give you the ability to advance the timing curve, set up a step retard or even select a retard rate based on boost pressure. Control over the timing can help improve economy, improve performance and help tune the engine for other modifications.The Timing Twister does not modify ignition timing at idle, but becomes active above 1,800 rpm. Once above that rpm, the entire timing curve can be advanced up to 9 in 1 increments. There is another setting for a wire-activated step retard, primarily designed for use with nitrous oxide. Another great feature is for the forced induction crowd. When used with the optional MAP sensor, you can easily dial in a retard that is based on boost pressure. Twist in .1 - 1.9 of timing per pound of boost to retard the timing up to 30.If you ever need to bypass the modified timing settings, theres a dial to twist and the factory curve will be used. How easy is that! Go ahead, give your timing a twist!FEATURES:Adjust the timing with a simple twist! Advance the ignition timing up to 9 Select a step retard up to 18 for nitrous use Twist in a boost retard from .1 to 1.9 per pound of boost
Attached Images  

Last edited by Dayton937; 03-10-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Dayton937
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold

Quick Reply: New MSD Timing Twister 86251 for LS2/LS7 - for FI / Nitrous / Meth applications