Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

2005 Manual Z51 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Kolk1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2005 Manual Z51 Transmission

This is still in the car, figured id post it up in case somebody wanted to see it in use before they paid for it. My new transmission showed up the other day, so I should be swapping it out soon, maybe in a couple weeks, probably around end of June. The one im selling has 93k miles on it, and shifts perfect when accelerating, theres the catch, "when accelerating". On occasion, while almost to a stop, or while stopped, it may be hard to get into 1st gear. It doesnt grind any gears, and never given me a single issue at WOT or normal driving. If it does try to block you out of first, I usually just let the clutch out a hair, and then it will click into gear. I did the last transmission fluid change around 75k miles. If you want to see it being used in the car,

It could be a Throw out Bearing, clutch, transmission, im not sure. So its getting a lot of maintence parts while im in there.

I live in Alton IL, and not looking to ship yet.

$600
Old 06-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Kolk1
Pro

Took the car to the shop, they are going to start on it in a couple days.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:30 AM
Kolk1
Pro

Somehow my new transmission was damaged during shipping. So this one is getting put back in the car.

1 good thing. Ill be able to test this transmission with a new slave/TO bearing, and clutch setup. So ill be able to find out for sure if getting blocked out of first was a transmission issue, or something else.

Edit/Update 6/28/15, I put about 100 miles on the car yesterday, and it didnt block me out of first once. So it seems the transmission is fine, and being blocked out of 1st was a result of some other part. Not sure im a fan of the MGW shifter, due to the added force needed to shift, but I like the short throw. Might try doing the washer mod to the bolt on the side of the transmission to loosen it up a little. Besides that, I think the transmission is actually ok.

Last edited by Kolk1; 06-28-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 Manual Z51 Transmission

Quick Reply: 2005 Manual Z51 Transmission