Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

New Hinson short throw shifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:31 AM
harris48cars
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New Hinson short throw shifter

This is a brand new never installed shifter from Hinson motorsports. I originally ordered and installed the Hinson shifter and there was an issue of it rattling although it was never bad in my opinion. Hinson was good to their word when they told me they would replace it free of charge once they resolved the rattling. I actually got use to the rattle and just started enjoying the shifter. If my wife and grandson did not drive the car I would keep this shifter. But they do and unless you are a serious driver this shifter is not for the wife. It shifts great. It does require more effort than the stocker. My wife and grandson drive the car on occasion, not enough to become fimilar with its operation. So I am selling it. Once it goes thru the breaking period it is a very nice upgrade. $250 shipped
Gary
P.S. Because I have not looked at my inbox since 2/16, I did not see the three people who sent me private email inquiring about the original shifter. If you see this I want to apologies for not replying.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:41 AM
harris48cars
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I forgot to say this shifter is for a C6. In my case it was for my 2013 427 convertible. Also I have not installed this shifter so I have no idea if the rattle is actually gone. Hinson says it should be. If it does rattle I can't take it back. It's yours. I can clearly see there are additional springs in the new shifter and it is 7/8" shorter than the original. I'm not going to be :disappointed if it doesn't sell. So my price is firm.
Gary

Quick Reply: New Hinson short throw shifter