Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Wtb track day rims and tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 04:06 PM
cincykid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtb track day rims and tires

Looking for track day rims and tires for my 2006 c6. Prefer all 4 to be 18" as suggested by track day guys. Just now starting to get into it. This is just for track day fun so they dont need to be pretty or lighter than air.

Last edited by cincykid; 07-14-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:49 AM
JimsCorvettes
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

My advice is to start out on street tires. Street tires "talk" to you while on the track while sticky tires don't. I have been in this sport since 09 and instructing now going on 4 years. Wear out a set of street tires first, you will learn tons before you move to a more aggressive grip.

Where are you located?
Old 07-15-2016, 11:07 AM
cincykid
Advanced

I appreciate the advice. Right now I have 18's and 19's on the corvette and just dont feel like toasting tires if I decide I want to get into this scca thing. I am good with any and all advice. I raced sportbikes for 23 years and am very familiar with a lot of the road courses around the US. this is just a track night with SCCA at Putnam near Cincinnati, so I thought I would just take my vette as is (Nitto's) and new hawk pads and good fluid just to see if I like it. We all know what happens after that......Thats EXACTLY how I ended up racing motorcycles for so long. My thread was more of a feeler for rims. I just stated tires as well thinking someone might just have a complete set they wanted to sell. No worries. Thanks again!!!

Last edited by cincykid; 07-15-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:04 PM
JimsCorvettes
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I see. So not a newbe to motors sports. The mention of 18" wheels on all 4 corners suggest running sticky tires... 18 offer a better variety of sizes and at a lower price. What got me was parade laps at VIR and I thought then I just might like this. Good luck searching for something works.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:12 PM
C6z_racing
Heel & Toe

Go with ccw wheels, they are very light and won't break the bank. If money isn't an issue go with forgeline and hoosier r7 tires.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:07 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by cincykid
Looking for track day rims and tires for my 2006 c6. Prefer all 4 to be 18" as suggested by track day guys. Just now starting to get into it. This is just for track day fun so they dont need to be pretty or lighter than air.
If interested...I will have these up for sale in a few days....in excellent condition with a decent amount of tread left on some sticky street tires (Kuhmo xs/Yokohama ad08). Balanced and include tpms.

$600 + shipping
Old 07-28-2016, 01:48 AM
JonJ
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cincy, I am selling my 2008 C6 that I used for track work. Therefore my CCW C10's are for sale as well. They are 18's and a square setup (18x11) and have well used Nitto NT-01s on them that are pretty hard so will need to be replaced but are still usable. $2,000 + shipping. PM me if interested. Have other parts as well but haven't had time to put together an ad.

Jon
Old 07-28-2016, 06:45 AM
HOUSEOFWHEELS
Supporting Vendor

Received 301 Likes on 269 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '11

Default Wheels

We have what you need.Give us a call
Thanks
Bob
House of Wheels
561-445-7606
Old 07-31-2016, 07:34 AM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an extra set of stock size Z06 reproduction wheels I have been using on the track. They have a decent set of R6's on them. 295 X 18 and 345 X 19

I wanted to advise you to research putting 18's on all four corners. The manual recommends a 1" difference in diameter front to rear. If not, the nanny does unexpected things. I didn't heed the warning and put a set on. I ran in comp mode. I immediately went off turn 9 at Putnam without any warning and down into the tire wall. It happened twice in a row. Needless to say, off came the 18's in the rear. It's not a problem if all nannys are turned off. Sounded like you are just starting out and will probably use the nanny at first.

Anyway, I'm in NKY so if interested, we can meet up and save shipping costs. I can send photos if you send me your email or phone# for text.

I would like $600 for the set with the tires.

Thanks..Sam
Old 09-05-2016, 09:24 PM
J Mills
Advanced

I have a set of Z06 replicas in stock fitment with TPMS sensors and Toyo R888 tires that I was using for track. I also have a brand new set of EBC Yellow pads if you need those as well.

I'm in Chicago but could ship via greyhound. Could do a package deal for everything if you want to get on track for cheap.

Thanks,
Josh

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb track day rims and tires

Quick Reply: Wtb track day rims and tires