Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

C6 - Say "Hello" to Flying Roofs, and "Goodbye" to the flying roof club!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 09:48 AM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default C6 - Say "Hello" to Flying Roofs, and "Goodbye" to the flying roof club!

Until now, the market has been empty for years and GM still has not figured out a way to notify you if your removable roof panel isn't latched down.

Welcome to Flying Roofs! Flying Roofs is a manual notification system to let you know if you forgot to latch down your roof. Many ask how this happens... Those that are part of the "flying roof club" know the answer.

Most folks were distracted. Distractions come in many forms.... your cell phone rings, the neighbor says "hi", there's food in the oven and your timer went off, kids are fighting, the baby is crying... either way, it happens; and it happens to thousands of people who care deeply about their car. No matter how careful people are, they forget, we ALL forget things. The worst time to be reminded that your "Forgot" to latch down your roof, is when it lifts off your car and tumbles to the ground... or hits a vehicle behind you. Can you imagine if your flying roof panel hit the vehicle behind you? Nobody wants to think of the worst, nobody thinks it will happen to them... but it does! Read the countless stories posted in forums all over the internet. There are hundreds right here on Corvette Forum. Protect yourself and your investment.

Flying Roofs is a small warning system for your removable roof panel. When your roof is on and latched, Flying Roofs is out of site. When your roof panel is removed, Flying Roofs stays with the roof attached to the release handle. And when your roof is finally placed back on the vehicle, the Flying Roofs Notifier will be hanging there to remind you of your unlatched roof panel before you leave. Don't rely on your memory. All of us "Forget" things from time-to-time. We forget where we put our keys, wallets and cell phones, but don't forget to secure your roof. There are MANY of you saying to yourself, "This will NEVER happen to me. I am extremely careful and meticulous about my Corvette." EVERYONE says that, until it happens to them. Then three things happen: 1. You look for a new roof. 2. You blame GM for not having a warning system. 3. You ask yourself how to not let this happened again. Flying Roofs is the answer! Tested and Trusted, it's the perfect product for you!

For a small price up front, your wallet won't be empty when you need it most! Check out http://www.flyingroofs.com for more information.

Flying Roofs comes in 3 fun colors!
Old 12-24-2016, 09:56 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Great sales pitch.

Now how about letting us know how this works. Your website asks for a password to view installation pictures/directions.
The following users liked this post:
KAdams29 (06-26-2021)
Old 12-24-2016, 10:00 AM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

I apologize about that 5knives. Just refresh your page and you'll be in.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:08 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Excellent! Obviously we want high visibility. With this crowd I would also consider offering colors that match C6 paint colors. I bet guys would be jumping all over these.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:15 AM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 5knives
Excellent! Obviously we want high visibility. With this crowd I would also consider offering colors that match C6 paint colors. I bet guys would be jumping all over these.
If there is enough interest, we'll definitely add paint matching colors!
Old 12-24-2016, 01:21 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I am in for one for my C7.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:30 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I want to see a vid how it works.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Originally Posted by whit1
The pictures on the website show it pretty well. What more does a person need to see? It is very basic to understand. You attach the strap to the latch. When you unlatch the roof, you detach the notifier and let it dangle down, as a reminder that the roof is not latched. Not much to figure out here whit.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:31 PM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mordeth
I am in for one for my C7.
It works for the C5, C6 and C7. Please visit www.flyingroofs.com if you are interested in purchasing.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:33 PM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by whit1
We'll be posting a video after the new year. We'll drop a note when the video is complete!
Old 12-24-2016, 03:34 PM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mordeth
The pictures on the website show it pretty well. What more does a person need to see? It is very basic to understand. You attach the strap to the latch. When you unlatch the roof, you detach the notifier and let it dangle down, as a reminder that the roof is not latched. Not much to figure out here whit.
Thanks for adding to the explanation!
Old 12-30-2016, 07:23 PM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Bump.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:06 PM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 5knives
Three (3) new colors have been added to the inventory. Electric Blue, Gray & Yellow.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:11 PM
adtile
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default roof movement

Hello,
My HTC 3lt has no issue with roof /window movement

Get notified of new replies

To C6 - Say "Hello" to Flying Roofs, and "Goodbye" to the flying roof club!

Quick Reply: C6 - Say "Hello" to Flying Roofs, and "Goodbye" to the flying roof club!