C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Diablo Predator (U7194) Custom Tunes***

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
mnf8688
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Diablo Predator (U7194) Custom Tunes***

Does anyone have a custom tune through the predator. I have a corvette C6 2007 (U7194) and i noticed that with the serial cable and power suply, you can load updates as well as custom tunes through the computer!
Does anyone have any different custom tunes? Also, how do you make custom tunes through the predator? Is it worth having the cables to hook it up to the computer or is the tune that comes on the predator good enough?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Mike L.
Racer

You can make plenty of changes right through the Predator with the adjustable parameters.
Custom tunes can be created by any Diablosport CMR dealer and then loaded to the tool.

Thanks
Mike
Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
mnf8688
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike L.
You can make plenty of changes right through the Predator with the adjustable parameters.
Custom tunes can be created by any Diablosport CMR dealer and then loaded to the tool.

Thanks
Mike
so do i need the computer cable or not really?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Mike L.
Racer

Originally Posted by mnf8688
It's entirely up to you.
You do not need it, but may want it now, or in the future.

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
rrross
Instructor

Hi Mike

I have a question. Since the Predator stores the original stock tune, can you also store it on your laptop, in case something happens to the Predator with the stock tune.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yes... but you need the cables to hook it up to the laptop/PC
Old 03-15-2008, 04:36 PM
rrross
Instructor

I have the cables.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2008, 02:29 PM
KMorris
Advanced

How do you save the stock tune on the predator to a laptop? What might that stock tune be called or in other words where do you find the stock tune on the Predator to be able to move it to the laptop.

Keith
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

here's the instructions on how to save a copy of your original backup to your pc...

http://diablosport.com/downloads/pre...structions.rtf
Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 PM
LSCHLEM
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Can the original backup overwrite a HP tune.

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
here's the instructions on how to save a copy of your original backup to your pc...

http://diablosport.com/downloads/pre...structions.rtf
I recently had a custome tune ( HP ) unlocked put in my 07 ls2. The question I have is before I reinstalled the original tune back into the car I saved a copy of the original tune and a custome tune I was using
to my pc. If I upload the original back into the predator can I then restore the original into the car, thus reseting back to using the predator again.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Braciole
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

The new Diablo sport II is wicked
and better than the predator. It comes with 4 or 5 custom tunes and then you can go even further on your own if you like
Old 04-24-2008, 04:26 AM
SeanMo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by mnf8688
I am getting the cable just for updates, mine didn't come with the header tune or 91 octane tune, but its in the updates
Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
C6 Vette
Instructor

Default I traded for a 08 Z06, is my 05 Predator useless now?

I am a complete novice on these tuners. I even bought one, and didn't get the charger, or cable to link to the PC. Which was a major headache since it had the wrong tune in it. I had to send it back when it would have been very easy to download the correct tune direct from the very helpful folks at Diablo.
I looked all over for a charger, I think they said, 1 watt, but don't actually remember. I gave up, but now understand they have a "PC Kit" for about $30.
Unfortunately, the company I bought it from, TByrne Motorsports has, apparently gone out of business. So, "trust us--we will get you what ever updated tune you need" isn't of much use any more. I thought Tom did a great job too, it's too bad they aren't around anymore.
Can I use this for my new 2008 Z06, or should I buy the latest product from them? I realize the tune is worthless since it's for a LS2 and I have the LS7 engine.
If I do need a different Predator, should I go with the new tool (forgot the name--I heard it holds more tunes and has more features)?
Can I sell this programmer to another C6 owner? If so, who can I safely sell it to? I realize LS2 owners, but is their further limits beyond that?
Thanks,
Old 04-25-2008, 07:09 AM
C7cmnthru
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

I think that you should call DS tech support on whether it will work on your 08 LS7. The website doesn't show model U7194 as applicable to 08 LS7s. Not sure why since I don't think that there were any major changes between 07 and 08 on the LS7. I have seen where DS is looking for test mules for the 08 LS3 tunes so they might be very close to coming up with a flash upgrade that works for the 08 LS7.

On the cable and power supply, you can get that stuff locally. You just need to know the specs. I got the cable at Best Buy and the power supply at Radio Shack. At RS, you buy the power supply and then buy the plug/tip. Its a piece of cake. Diablosport has some of the worst directions/manuals around but once you to the downloads and updates it really isn't difficult. The thing to remember is to flash your car back to stock, then download the upgrade, then install it again on the Vette.

You can sell your unit to another Vette owner as long as it is not locked (that is, you have unloaded the Predator tune from the vehicle and reinstalled the stock tune). That way its not wedded to your Vette. Check out/search the "for sale" section - you will see where others have sold their units.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Braciole
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

Get the whole kit and kaboodle youll be glad you did

Get notified of new replies

To ***Diablo Predator (U7194) Custom Tunes***

Quick Reply: ***Diablo Predator (U7194) Custom Tunes***