C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 C6 Manual: "Shift to Park/Reverse" & BCM Reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:06 AM
DJP1UK
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 C6 Manual: "Shift to Park/Reverse" & BCM Reprogramming

Repost from the Tech Forum - I probably posted on the wrong forum first time: I have a 2005 C6 Coupe Manual - originally a US car. Manual transmission on the build sheet. Really enjoying the car: Magnetic Red with F55 Selective Ride.

However, I have a strange configuration/programming problem - perhaps the Body Control Module (BCM). After stopping the engine, the Driver Information Centre (DIC) reads " Shift to Park" instead of "Shift to Reverse". To start the car, I need to press the clutch and brake rather than just the clutch. The reverse lamps don't work. The seat memory will not recall either. All problems appear related.

The car seems to be programmed as an automatic rather than a manual. I have been told that the car was 'reprogrammed' just before sale after 'sensor' replacement by an independent dealer. For all I know, it may have had a replacement BCM. Could a BCM from an Auto have been fitted in error or are these the same for manual cars? The seat memory problem seems to be related to the non-existent Park selector position.

Update:

It appears the problem is BCM related. My dealer now believes he can read the configuration of the BCM but may not be able to reprogram it without fitting a new BCM. I suspect the BCM has been changed and programmed incorrectly.

The dealer has suggested that the initial programming of the BCM fixes certain parameters (Auto or Manual) which cannot be reset. Is this correct? Do BCMs come ready programmed or does the dealer do this with the GM Tech2?

Determined to get this fixed!

David (UK)
Confused C6!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:22 AM
DJP1UK
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Original Body Control Module Reprogrammed Sucessfully

My local GM dealer was able to reprogram the original Body Control Module from Auto back to Manual. The car is now behaving as it should.

Most of the BCM settings could be reprogrammed with the Tech2, only the VIN appeared fixed.

Happy ending!

David

Quick Reply: 2005 C6 Manual: "Shift to Park/Reverse" & BCM Reprogramming