Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Scan & Tune
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Scan & Tune
Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette Sponsored by
Van Bortel Chevrolet

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
divesheik
CF Member

Default Which Diablo Predator Tune to Use?

Okay, I have an '08 coupe with the LS3. Been playing around with tuning using the Diablo predator. I would sure appreciate some deep insight as to what the different tunes available in the Predator do? Right now I'm back to running my stock tune modified to dial the LTFTs. Can someone enlighten me as what the differences are between using the stock tune, the Diablo tune, or the 93 octane tune assuming the LTFTs are dialed in with each tune? I haven't been able to find any detailed information as to pros and cons of each tune.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
divesheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via AIM to 06MonteSS Send a message via Yahoo to 06MonteSS

the "Diablo Tune" is the tune made for 93 octane gas... if you have and use 93 octane gas in your car, use this tune... it has more timing advance for the higher octane and offers the best performance...

the "91 octane tune" is, well, for 91 octane gas... if you only have 91 octane gas available in your area, then use this tune...

then the "factory HP tune" is just a copy of your original stock GM tune that you can make adjustments to, which it sounds like you used and did already.

both the 91 octane and Diablo Tunes have a lot more adjustments made to them compared to the stock tune, and offer better/more performance than stock... so you want to use one of those tunes.

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
divesheik
CF Member

Default Is either better for 92 Octane?

In my area we have 92 Octane gas, typically with Ethanol added to it. I would think the 91 Octane tune doesn't take advantage of the fuel? Of the 91 Octane or the Diablo, which would you recommend with my available fuel? Also, after installing the tune would there be any adjustments required other than dialing the LTFTs?

Thanks,
divesheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via AIM to 06MonteSS Send a message via Yahoo to 06MonteSS

install the Diablo Tune... then after about 100-150 miles, check and dial in your ltft's: http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

then, do a couple WOT logs, logging the same parameters as you did for the steady driving/cruising log, and check your total knock spark retard... you may need to just pull out a degree or two of timing...

if you want, you can even post up the log or email it to me directly and I'd be happy to check it out for ya...

-Lew

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Dutch702

Hey all,

I am planning to add a CAI to my 08' z06 and am planning to use the diablo predator to dial in my CAI mod. 2 questions:

1) is there a tune option for a c6 z06 "91 octane with CAI"?
2) is there a tune option for 100+ octane? If not will using diablo tune be sufficient?
Dutch702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

You can do some logging and add timing for the higher octane fuel.

A few simple changes are all thats needed to dial in the CAI.

Thanks
Mike@DiabloSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
Dutch702

What are these simple changes for the CAI (K&N)?

Also I plan of using 100+ octane when the weather gets cooler. What should I look for to change once I do a few logging just as an example?

If I don't like my changes, how do I set it back to factory settings? Is it as simple as loading "Original Backup"?
Dutch702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Scan & Tune
Reload this Page Which Diablo Predator Tune to Use?

Tags
2007, 91, c6, car, corvette, diablo, diablosport, difference, factory, hp, octane, predator, preditor, tune, tunes, z06