C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Tune Altered 'Stamp' left behind voids warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by stew1100
Just want to say that all I have done to my Z06 is installed the Preditor tune. I have not had a single problem with it for 10,000 miles. I would trust a Diablo tune over someone else because even though it really woke my vette up, it is still more conservative then your average tuner shop who is trying to get every last HP. My car looks totally stock and pulls like it has another 50 hp. If I ever decide to sell, I will simply load the stock tune back. I would recommend a Diablo tune to anyone.
I have 2008 manual coupe with a Halltech MF 103 air intake. The stock tune lacked throttle response and ran poorly when heat soaked. When triggered, the knock sensors pulled timing and it felt like I was towing another car. I purchased the Intune as part of a "Diablew custom tune package" I first installed the canned 91 octane tune which woke up the car and improved mid range and top end power. I did some invaluable data logging and Lew did his magic with his "Diablew custom and safe tune". The car's throttle response further improved with smoother acceleration and improved drive-ability. The knock sensors are now under control and the power delivery is stronger throughout the entire rpm range. Heat soak has improved because the duty fan cycle is adjusted to keep engine temps cooler at lower speeds. The lower temps help prevent engine heat from creeping up into the intake manifold. I also have the Halltech shroud and open cold air ports to keep the IAT's down. The fan duty cycles are adjusted as part of the canned tunes. There are other tweaks in a tune to further improve heat soak issues.
A few months back, I installed the oem tune for comparison and drove for 30 minutes, only to rush back home and reinstall the custom tune. I understand why GM designed a global, safe, emissions tune, but the Intune and "Diablew Tune" by Lew really has made my car much more enjoyable to drive.

To the OP: I have not had to install the oem tune for warranty service (knock on wood), but will report back with any warranty coverage issues.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 11-14-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 AM
pdx-vette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Revisit of a debated topic.

It's been a long time & surely there have been many vehicles, using a Diablosport tune, that have visited dealership service departments.

Has someone had the tune detected?
If so, was the powertrain warranty denied?

Old 04-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

If so you'd see them screaming about it all over this forum, it simply hasn't happened. There is further evidence of this 'not happening' in the C7 threads
The following users liked this post:
pdx-vette (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 07:15 PM
pdx-vette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
If so you'd see them screaming about it all over this forum, it simply hasn't happened. There is further evidence of this 'not happening' in the C7 threads
Actually, I don't doubt it. It was such a hot topic, that I figured I'd ask anyway.

Quick Reply: Stock Tune Altered 'Stamp' left behind voids warranty???