C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting shift mph/rpm A6 with HP tuners or INTUNE

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
brewcitygymratt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default Adjusting shift mph/rpm A6 with HP tuners or INTUNE

Hey guys,
I have an ECS trans tune in EFI Live format that was saved by my local tuner using HP Tuners when it was dyno tuned after installing ported fast.

Can HP tuner or Diablo Intune be used just for the purpose of adjusting the shift points eventhough the TCM was originally tuned with EFI Live & an autocal? I like everything about the EFI live tcm tune that Doug at ECS did, but I do hit the rev limiter occaisionally at the track on the 1-2, 2-3 shifts which I need to stop. Not a fan of the Autocal for tuning purposes so looking for other options. Thanks!!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brewcitygymratt
Hey guys,
I have an ECS trans tune in EFI Live format that was saved by my local tuner using HP Tuners when it was dyno tuned after installing ported fast.

Can HP tuner or Diablo Intune be used just for the purpose of adjusting the shift points eventhough the TCM was originally tuned with EFI Live & an autocal? I like everything about the EFI live tcm tune that Doug at ECS did, but I do hit the rev limiter occaisionally at the track on the 1-2, 2-3 shifts which I need to stop. Not a fan of the Autocal for tuning purposes so looking for other options. Thanks!!
Yes and HPTUNERS actually gives you access to more tables.

Ed M
Old 09-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by brewcitygymratt
Hey guys,

why not get an intune from ECS, that way they can adjust your tcm tune remotely via email
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
why not get an intune from ECS, that way they can adjust your tcm tune remotely via email
Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

HP Tuners will let you change it as needed, and will give access to way more features.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

We have worked extensively with ECS, and a few other respected GM tuning shops to make sure our TCM templates contain the stuff you need to properly tune most of these TCMs. The inTune is a proven piece of hardware that will allow the user to do what he is asking, without having to understand how the TCM works, which should be a prerequisite for anyone planning to tune their TCM themselves.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by mowton
Yes and HPTUNERS actually gives you access to more tables.

Ed M
Originally Posted by DSteck
HP Tuners will let you change it as needed, and will give access to way more features.

I dont know about "way more features"? There are one or two tables available in the std versions of HP, but there are other tables in EFI that HP doesn't have so that can go either way really. If your in deep enough with either software company, you end up with all the tables in both...
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
We have worked extensively with ECS, and a few other respected GM tuning shops to make sure our TCM templates contain the stuff you need to properly tune most of these TCMs. The inTune is a proven piece of hardware that will allow the user to do what he is asking, without having to understand how the TCM works, which should be a prerequisite for anyone planning to tune their TCM themselves.

Thanks

Diablo has been a pleasure to work with thus far and we are working on a promo sale coming soon on In Tunes with an ECS tune file. PM if interested.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I dont know about "way more features"? There are one or two tables available in the std versions of HP, but there are other tables in EFI that HP doesn't have so that can go either way really. If your in deep enough with either software company, you end up with all the tables in both...
I have everything HPT has available. Well over 600 tables for any A6. Not sure what you're getting at with being in good with them since everybody has access to the latest beta.

Last I heard, EFI still didn't have the shift torque factor adder. That's a big one for me.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

I have everything HPT has available. Well over 600 tables for any A6. Not sure what you're getting at with being in good with them since everybody has access to the latest beta.

Last I heard, EFI still didn't have the shift torque factor adder. That's a big one for me.
Do you know if HPT will allow you to change your part throttle paddle shifts? For example, my 3-4 will not change from about 19-20 mph even with very light throttle. As long as I'm not in paddle I can change to anything I want.

Is iTune capable of this change?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

Change it how?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Melting Slicks

Change it how?
I can only shift to 4th above 19-20 mph in paddle. Is there a way in HPT that I can change my file so that my 3-4 will shift at a lower speed perhaps 15 mph? It's not a problem, probably more out of curosity. The 2-3 will paddle about 5 mph then a pretty long way until I can shift to 4th.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 PM
trophystock
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8850
I can only shift to 4th above 19-20 mph in paddle. Is there a way in HPT that I can change my file so that my 3-4 will shift at a lower speed perhaps 15 mph? It's not a problem, probably more out of curosity. The 2-3 will paddle about 5 mph then a pretty long way until I can shift to 4th.
HPT has the "tap up" "tap down" tables as well as "safety shifts" for the paddle shifters. Keep in mind the A6 is much to complicated for its own good.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 PM
67ermine
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't understand why someone would want to be in 3rd gear at 5 MPH and 4th by 15??? Maybe, you think this will get you better MPG??
You will only cause engine damage by lugging the motor badly.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 PM
trophystock
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 67ermine
I can't understand why someone would want to be in 3rd gear at 5 MPH and 4th by 15??? Maybe, you think this will get you better MPG??
It is an auto, you can't lug it. They have minimum speeds for converter lock up.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 67ermine
No lug at all particularly with my 3200 stall.

I just really want to know if the adjustments can be made that I outlined above.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Hey Doug, how is it going? How was Carlilse this year for you guys. Couldn't make it this year....work

I agree, both are close, especially with the latest EFILive release giving you more access to the Pattern B parameters. GM themselves made it easier with less shift time tables in 2010 1/2 and up

What I like about HPTuners is the Inertia Factor Profile tables for quick specific tweaking of shift firmness and the Shift Torque Factor for tweaking specific torque management area's without having to disable Torque Management entirely. But as you said, you can tune with both and there is always more than one way to "skin the cat" as they say.

Have a great weekend

Ed M
Old 09-08-2012, 07:44 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

No lug at all particularly with my 3200 stall.

I just really want to know if the adjustments can be made that I outlined above.
I have honestly never tried that because it isn't something that's ever been asked. Paddle mode sucks anyway. Lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Adjusting shift mph/rpm A6 with HP tuners or INTUNE

Quick Reply: Adjusting shift mph/rpm A6 with HP tuners or INTUNE