C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE Thumbs DOWN for Josh Campbell at Lonestar Chevy in Houston!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 PM
justin-branam
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUGE Thumbs DOWN for Josh Campbell at Lonestar Chevy in Houston!!!

Let me be clear about this post. It is not to slam the name of this dealership, but only to tell the facts of what happened to me recently. I'm sure you can make your own judgement after reading it.

So here is the story. I took my 2010 c6 grand sport in to have a screw that fell out of the taillight replaced in early september. They wanted me to leave my car for the day. I told them I didnt really want to leave it for something that would take 2 seconds to replace, since I don't have a spare car right now (they wouldnt give me a loaner). I told them I would bring it back later with a few other things. The service person I talked with told me my warranty expired at the end of September, so just be sure to bring it in before then. I said great, I'll have it in towards the end of the month when I have time to drop it and leave it.

I went in on sept 25th at 10am, and wanted to get the screw replaced, airbag light issue fixed and up that morning thee door button inside randomly started refusing to open the door. The service person i spoke with this time told me that my warranty had expired midnight the 25th (yeah, 10 hours ago), and that they couldnt process it as a warranty repair. I didn't have time to argue so i left.

I ended up getting in touch with the GM service rep for my area (suggested by and with the help of a GM service person here on the forums) and told him what had happened. He was suprised that they would turn me away, even if I hadnt purchased the vehicle from them. He said they can process claims months out of warranty if the dealership chooses to.

Anyways, to the main point. The GM rep called to talk to the service manager at Lonestar Chevy in Houston, by the name of Josh Campbell. (wanted to emphasize this part.)

This guy Josh, told the GM rep that since I didnt tell him which service dept person told me my car was out of warranty, that I must be lying and that he didn't ever want to see my car at his dealership and he would refuse service if I ever showed up there. Needless to say the GM rep said he has never been told this and was fairly suprised that a service manager at a dealership would even say this without talking to the customer first to see what happened. I talked to someone I know who used to work there asking if they knew this guy. There response was not very polite towards him and said it really didn't suprise him that he would say something like that.

The rep is calling another dealership for me to see if we can get something worked out, but I just thought I would share this information with the rest of the corvette community. I am at a loss for words and can't imagine that something like this would happen, especially at a dealership I have gone to before with previous vehicles. Needless to say, I will happily spread the word about this and hope you all take this in to consideration before going to this dealership.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers with this type of service department should not be allowed to sell Corvettes. It would be a cold day in hell before i would buy a corvette from them.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Grapevine

Mike Zorn look him up Classic Chevy Grapevine Texas. Tell him Angelo Sent You. Replaced both of my z06 lights after Warranty ran out because of the hazing inside lens. And That guy is Prob going to get fired if he said those things, also I would fire his *** and write a letter.

Get notified of new replies

To HUGE Thumbs DOWN for Josh Campbell at Lonestar Chevy in Houston!!!

Quick Reply: HUGE Thumbs DOWN for Josh Campbell at Lonestar Chevy in Houston!!!