C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo inTune personal experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
Too confusing for me when it comes to do with the computer. I called a speed shop by me to have them do the install, he said he never heard of sending info back and forth via the computer. He figures you just install it and drive the car and nothing more. If he doesn't know, then how the hell am I supposed to.
This is true for the canned tunes. If you just wanted the canned tunes, there is no need to datalog anything. But for a CUSTOM tune, made to your car, Lew or any other tuner would need to see specific parameters and numbers to adjust it properly. It is thru the datalog that the tuners get these numbers. Most ppl/shops don't know about this.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:46 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by let er eat
It's really not that hard...it's basically plugging it in hitting a few buttons and away you go
It's the computer part of the set up.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

It's the computer part of the set up.
Find a niece or nephew who's good with computers. If I was closer I can help with this. It's a easy process.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:33 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Biillyboy, I sent you a PM (see post #283) with some simple instructions on how to do the data logging and how to get the files from the inTune to the computer and vice versa.

I realize some people are technically challenged. It is probably in your best interest to send the inTune back to Lew and get a local tuner or Chuck at COW to do a tune for you.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (10-12-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 02:28 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Jcbarr25
This is true for the canned tunes. If you just wanted the canned tunes, there is no need to datalog anything. But for a CUSTOM tune, made to your car, Lew or any other tuner would need to see specific parameters and numbers to adjust it properly. It is thru the datalog that the tuners get these numbers. Most ppl/shops don't know about this.
i figured as much. i installed it again this morning and i'll wait until i drive some before plugging into the computer so it can process the #'s or whatever it's supposed to do. then i'll contact Lew and take it from there. thanks for your input.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:31 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by PDsVettes
Biillyboy, I sent you a PM (see post #283) with some simple instructions on how to do the data logging and how to get the files from the inTune to the computer and vice versa.

I realize some people are technically challenged. It is probably in your best interest to send the inTune back to Lew and get a local tuner or Chuck at COW to do a tune for you.

Good luck.
got them, thank you. i just installed again this morning, figure to give it another shot instead of giving up like a wuss boy. just put 80 miles on the car, drive it again soon and contact Lew. again, thanks for your help.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:47 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

got them, thank you. i just installed again this morning, figure to give it another shot instead of giving up like a wuss boy. just put 80 miles on the car, drive it again soon and contact Lew. again, thanks for your help.
That's the spirit. Don't let those darn computers kick your butt. Once you get this done, you'll be a happy camper. When you do your first data log, pay attention to the RPM window Lew gave. I just used the paddle shift and held it in 4th gear, maybe 5th, I can't remember. When you do your WOT data log, be careful so that it doesn't get away from you.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:00 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

That's the spirit. Don't let those darn computers kick your butt. Once you get this done, you'll be a happy camper. When you do your first data log, pay attention to the RPM window Lew gave. I just used the paddle shift and held it in 4th gear, maybe 5th, I can't remember. When you do your WOT data log, be careful so that it doesn't get away from you.
the thing that confuses me is if you read the op's first post dated 10/2012 he claims that upon the install his car is totally different right from the beginning. i don't really notice that much of a difference at all after the initial tune. he makes it sound as if he had a COW boost installed the way he carries on. am i missing something here?
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (10-12-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 08:07 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

I noticed an increase in throttle response and a little in the tranny firmness and shifts seemed to be a little quicker after the Diablo tune was installed. I noticed the most difference once Lew did his thing to the tune. It scared me a little when I did the WOT data log. I had nailed it when stock, but the rear end really gets loose now. Just be ready for it.

Remember, statements about increased hp without dyno numbers or ET is very subjective.

Last edited by PDsVettes; 07-20-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:23 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

I noticed an increase in throttle response and a little in the tranny firmness and shifts seemed to be a little quicker after the Diablo tune was installed. I noticed the most difference once Lew did his thing to the tune. It scared me a little when I did the WOT data log. I had nailed it when stock, but the rear end really gets loose now. Just be ready for it.

Remember, statements about increased hp without dyno numbers or ET is very subjective.
just one more question and promise not to be a pain. what exactly is the process or procedure of the WOT data log? thanks again for being a very big help.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

just one more question and promise not to be a pain. what exactly is the process or procedure of the WOT data log? thanks again for being a very big help.
Lew will probably send you an email with the direction for WOT.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:34 AM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Where did you do your WOT runs?? how many gears did you go thru??
Old 07-21-2015, 11:19 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

These are the directions that Lew sent me for the WOT:

"When doing WOT logs, you would log the same parameters as you did for the steady cruise log. To get a good WOT log, get a nice warm day, and you want to start from a dead stop if you can, or at least from as slow of a roll as possible. Then get a good launch - roll into it quick, but so you don't have a lot of wheel spin, and as you get up to a little more speed, then just GET ON IT!! Pretend you're on a drag-strip racing someone - get a good launch - then hammer-down and go for as long as you can, through as many gears as you can. BUT, BE SAFE!! And you only need to do one good WOT run in the log."

I live in a rural setting so I just found a half mile stretch of straight road without any traffic, did a rolling start from 15 mph in S mode (no paddle shift) and accelerated quite hard to about 100 mph and then came down to 60 mph.

You need to get the inTune setup to data log prior to beginning this run. I hit the RECORD button right before I got to 15 mph, got my eyes back on the road, did the WOT run and slowed to 60 mph then stopped the recording. I wanted to be safe and not be distracted while going at a high rate of speed. Then when I got home I downloaded the WOT log file to the computer and sent that single file to Lew via email. He sent me back a final ecm tune and that was it. The WOT is done so that Lew can adjust the WOT fueling/timing to reduce knock retard during a WOT situation.

When Lew sends you the custom tune files back to you, they will be named as "Your Name_ECM_1.grg" and the same configuration for the TCM file. Then when you upload that tune into the inTune, that file name is changed to "ECM_XXXX_LastTuneWritten.grg" and the file name with your name disappears. For each subsequent file you get from Lew, the number after ECM or TCM increases by one. I initially thought that I messed up when uploading the first files as I couldn't find the files with my name. I found out about the name changing from reading the blogs on the Diablosport website.

Last edited by PDsVettes; 07-21-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

THANKS GUY'S.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,206 Likes on 2,148 Posts

These are the directions that Lew sent me for the WOT:

"When doing WOT logs, you would log the same parameters as you did for the steady cruise log. To get a good WOT log, get a nice warm day, and you want to start from a dead stop if you can, or at least from as slow of a roll as possible. Then get a good launch - roll into it quick, but so you don't have a lot of wheel spin, and as you get up to a little more speed, then just GET ON IT!! Pretend you're on a drag-strip racing someone - get a good launch - then hammer-down and go for as long as you can, through as many gears as you can. BUT, BE SAFE!! And you only need to do one good WOT run in the log."

I live in a rural setting so I just found a half mile stretch of straight road without any traffic, did a rolling start from 15 mph in S mode (no paddle shift) and accelerated quite hard to about 100 mph and then came down to 60 mph.

You need to get the inTune setup to data log prior to beginning this run. I hit the RECORD button right before I got to 15 mph, got my eyes back on the road, did the WOT run and slowed to 60 mph then stopped the recording. I wanted to be safe and not be distracted while going at a high rate of speed. Then when I got home I downloaded the WOT log file to the computer and sent that single file to Lew via email. He sent me back a final ecm tune and that was it. The WOT is done so that Lew can adjust the WOT fueling/timing to reduce knock retard during a WOT situation.

When Lew sends you the custom tune files back to you, they will be named as "Your Name_ECM_1.grg" and the same configuration for the TCM file. Then when you upload that tune into the inTune, that file name is changed to "ECM_XXXX_LastTuneWritten.grg" and the file name with your name disappears. For each subsequent file you get from Lew, the number after ECM or TCM increases by one. I initially thought that I messed up when uploading the first files as I couldn't find the files with my name. I found out about the name changing from reading the blogs on the Diablosport website.
That's interesting.

Question though. If lew only needs one WOT run, why do you have to start from a dead stop/slow roll?

It would be much easier for a person who has to log the WOT run find a open strip/small highway part, say in 2nd gear, hit the record, do the WOT, then that would be that. No??

I am not sure on how the WOT works.

Plus wouldn't the "numbers" be totally different going WOT in 1st gear, and then going WOT in 4th gear etc???
Old 07-22-2015, 09:05 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

I just followed Lew's directions and it worked out great. When you nail it from 15 to 100 mph, it takes less than 10 seconds. As I said, I just left in AUTO and let the tcm do the shifting. RPM's got up to 6K then dropped to 4.5K then climbed to about 5.1k before I let off. I ran the WOT log run in the Diablo DataViewer and the knock retard flashed some positive numbers a briefly on two separate occasions. I think that is what he was looking at so that he could make some adjustments if needed.

I don't really know anything about tuning. That's why I paid Lew. Maybe he will chime in and explain the rational.

I'm just extremely happy with the way it all turned out. Now, I can cruise at 70 mph, push on the accelerator slightly, and it will downshift one gear. If I press further, it seems to drop two gears, but the throttle movement is no where near what it was when stock. Plus, if you gradually accelerated, without pushing enough to make it downshift, you will still increase your speed. When it was stock, if you did that, you got nothing. That's why I was so disappointed after I bought my car, it didn't drive like I thought a Corvette should. Now it does.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Thanks guys

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo inTune personal experience

Old 07-29-2015, 04:24 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is a great deal for you guys!

We have had a lot of interest in these two tuners, so we are excited to be able to offer the following sale!

For a limited time, if you order a Trinity or Intune and pay the website price, we will include FREE UPS Next Day Air Saver shipping!

If you DO NOT WANT FREE NEXT DAY AIR, you can PM/EMAIL/CALL us for a nice forum member discount code!

Call us at 443-730-9428 if you have questions! Free Next Day Air coupon codes are not combinable and cannot be used on packages.

Check the products out at the link below!

Intune (PT# I-1000)- http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...00-p-3652.html

Trinity (PT# T-1000)- http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...00-p-2387.html

The inTune is Diablo's replacement for the Predator. It is a much more advanced tool that offers much easier updates without bulking interface kits. It has an easy to use touch screen interface, and comes with loads of memory for storing multiple tunes. Lastly, it is one part number for all vehicles Diablo supports..so you can use it on other cars later (can only have tunes installed on one car at a time.

The Trinity is everything the inTune is, plus it designed to mount in your car, and act as your one stop onboard performance computer. It includes features such as virtual gauges to monitor any parameter your cars computer reports, and a virtual dragstrip!

Old 09-16-2015, 02:09 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Give me a call.....

the thing that confuses me is if you read the op's first post dated 10/2012 he claims that upon the install his car is totally different right from the beginning. i don't really notice that much of a difference at all after the initial tune. he makes it sound as if he had a COW boost installed the way he carries on. am i missing something here?
Give me a call....

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compares to my AutoCal, TUNE, and CoW BOOSTER! Package at any price.

You are comparing 2 things that are totally different.

You will LOVE my package and I GUARANTEE IT.

and to make it even sweeter, CoW BOOSTER! is now TOTALLY FREE! which saves you $200.

Here's How....

Call NOW to reserve your CoW BOOSTER! today!
- CLICK HERE TO GET CoW BOOSTER! TOTALLY FOR FREE!!! -

GET CoW BOOSTER! for FREE before you try other Products!

Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 PM
sammalone
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Give me a call....

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compares to my AutoCal, TUNE, and CoW BOOSTER! Package at any price.
Chuck,

I've had a trifecta tune (e85, e47, etc.) on other cars in the past and loved the tunes.

Now, I've got two cars I was thinking about tuning (2008 base; 2010 GS). Any benefit or multi-car discounts?

Last edited by sammalone; 10-10-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Diablo inTune personal experience