C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Nathan Ratliff
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner question

Does anyone know what the best do it yourself tuner is for tuning a c6 after putting on a cold air intake and after market exhaust?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:44 PM
nickmenow
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are looking for something out of the box for something that is not likely to provide something unique to your situation, I wouldn't buy a hand tuner. Putting on a cold air intake isn't rocket science but getting the most out of your car after bolt on does require some experience. The hand tuners in my opinion will be lame for the "all that you can get out" of your new bolt on. Factor in other variables that I am not knowledgeable enough to explain here but, no hand tuner can match the absolute detail that a tuner by creating a custom tune. That I do know.

I would recommend you contact Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester and talk to him about how you can get much more from a tune by him or anyone for that matter. 914-332-0049. I recommend him because he has tuned all 3 of my cars with out any problems and will provide the best support for any questions you may have.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd recommend a Diablo InTune with a custom tune by Lew. The canned tune is fine but you'll notice a big difference with the custom tune. Plus with Lew, (06MonteSS) he actually responds to you quickly and gets you taken care of.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:40 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yes, I can definitely get you hooked up!

the diablosport inTune or Trinity would work for your vehicle...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune wise, the tunes are the same. and of course, my custom tune would be the same as well... the trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount...

the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you...

A lot of people like the inTune better - because it's smaller (it's the size of a credit card), they don't need or want the extra features, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want... if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/T...ser_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/i...ser_Manual.pdf

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg - above and beyond what the preset canned tunes give you...

hit me up if you're interested...

Thanks!
-Lew

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 06-24-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you.... AutoCal is THE ANSWER.

Originally Posted by nickmenow
If you are looking for something out of the box for something that is not likely to provide something unique to your situation, I wouldn't buy a hand tuner. Putting on a cold air intake isn't rocket science but getting the most out of your car after bolt on does require some experience. The hand tuners in my opinion will be lame for the "all that you can get out" of your new bolt on. Factor in other variables that I am not knowledgeable enough to explain here but, no hand tuner can match the absolute detail that a tuner by creating a custom tune. That I do know.

I would recommend you contact Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester and talk to him about how you can get much more from a tune by him or anyone for that matter. 914-332-0049. I recommend him because he has tuned all 3 of my cars with out any problems and will provide the best support for any questions you may have.
Thank you.... AutoCal is THE ANSWER.

Call any time and I'll tell you more about it.

914-332-0049

Chuck CoW

Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by nickmenow
The hand tuners in my opinion will be lame for the "all that you can get out" of your new bolt on. Factor in other variables that I am not knowledgeable enough to explain here but, no hand tuner can match the absolute detail that a tuner by creating a custom tune. That I do know.
Ummmm...sure looks to me like Chuck is pushing a hand held tuner?

Since we've now gone down this road, what advantage does that device have over one of our inTune or Trinity devices?

Can it datalog on its own?
Can it hold 8 or more custom tunes at a time, plus your stock tune?
Does it offer two (2) 0-5V analog inputs for monitoring up to 2 widebands?
Does it come preloaded with tunes for your vehicle?
Does it have a built in dragstrip?
Built in programmable LED warning lights?
Does it have a shift light?

Sounds to me like we offer quite the alternative, and all of our tools are fully supported by custom tuning. I hope this sheds some light on what some other options are. I know everyone likes to push what works for them, and thats fine, but you have to try to keep in mind that there are other, perhaps more robust, options available as well.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Thank you.... AutoCal is THE ANSWER.

Call any time and I'll tell you more about it.

914-332-0049

Chuck CoW

Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 PM
brewcitygymratt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

If you are not interested in the steep learning curve of efi live or hp tuners, the diablo is the king of all handheld tuners. Lew and Mike are both great guys to deal with (I had a diablo on my bolt-on 99z28 and my 300c srt8). Very user friendly and gives nice results with a good amount of adjustability with fuel enrichment/advance if you are tuning on the street or dyno with a wide band.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:51 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default "DO IT YOURSELF" is not the way to go.....

Originally Posted by Nathan Ratliff
Does anyone know what the best do it yourself tuner is for tuning a c6 after putting on a cold air intake and after market exhaust?
"DO IT YOURSELF" is not the way to go.....

Trust someone that's done THOUSANDS of tunes and the tuning to the professions.

Sure it's fun to do stuff yourself, but.... believe me, we get tons of stuff in here that's "less than professional"

and it's a shame and the poor cars and customers suffer.....and sometimes don't even know it...

Call any time if you have questions.

Thanks
Chuck CoW
Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Russodiablosport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by brewcitygymratt
If you are not interested in the steep learning curve of efi live or hp tuners, the diablo is the king of all handheld tuners. Lew and Mike are both great guys to deal with (I had a diablo on my bolt-on 99z28 and my 300c srt8). Very user friendly and gives nice results with a good amount of adjustability with fuel enrichment/advance if you are tuning on the street or dyno with a wide band.
Great advice!! We also have a rebate going on for the month of July.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

What is the rebate for this month?

Originally Posted by Russodiablosport
Great advice!! We also have a rebate going on for the month of July.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Russodiablosport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Get_UmJ13
I have attached a link to the rebate information for you.

http://www.diablosport.com/independe...ate-offer.html
Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-s...promotion.html

Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Mike for the prompt reply I spoke with Lew a few days ago definitely going to purchase the inTune with the custom tune in a few days.

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Old 07-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Just placed my order Lew & Mike

Your receipt number for this payment is: 2785-7342-1553-4596

Thanks for all your assistance

Joe
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Just placed my order Lew & Mike

Your receipt number for this payment is: 2785-7342-1553-4596

Thanks for all your assistance

Joe
Got it! Thank you Joe!

Have sent you an email with further/additional info...

thanks!
-Lew
Old 07-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Get ready for some fun Joe, you're going to love it!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm looking forward to it.. Your recommendation and speaking with Lew closed the deal. I'll let you know what I think once I get my hands on the tuner. I'm trying to get a little fun in before I have to put her away for the winter.

Originally Posted by SmokinZ51
Get ready for some fun Joe, you're going to love it!

Get notified of new replies

To Tuner question

Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Wulph
2nd Gear

Anyone know of a good, experienced "tuner" in the ST. Louis, MO area?

Thanks much.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:11 AM
donnie1956
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tuner in St Louis

Originally Posted by Wulph
Anyone know of a good, experienced "tuner" in the ST. Louis, MO area?

Thanks much.
I am interested in a tune locally for my 06.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:44 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by donnie1956
I am interested in a tune locally for my 06.
See forum Tech Contributor DSteck for tuning in St.Louis area.

Quick Reply: Tuner question