C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck CoW, my experiences.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:39 AM
fmdelvecchio
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chuck CoW, my experiences.

As promised.. Here are my comments..

I ordered the Autocal and Chuck CoW tuning after doing my research on four different forums (to get a FULL idea because Chuck is a vendor on this forum).. I did a PCM swap (Chuck states it took a while to get the AutoCal batched up and ordered) so he added the CoW booster for me to try while waiting for the autocal. My impression of the CoW booster is VERY good, I like the linear feel of my gas pedal now and will in fact have him make it more aggressive in the competition mode.. I have a 2008 Corvette with A6 transmission.. I was initially disappointed because I did not KNOW that the A6 transmission tune was not in the PCM that he sent.. (that comes later with the autocal).. Im VERY pleased with the CoW booster (and I have tried the Sprintbooster on another vehicle).. The CoW booster is awesome..

The AutoCal came after waiting for two and half months.. I then did a data log and sent Chuck the logs and he sent the tunes and I uploaded it along with the A6 transmission tune.. I was NOT expecting such a performance increase, nor was I expecting something this spectacular.. I had to change my drawers.. Put it this way, I was about to get an Edelbrock supercharger and this has changed my mind (for now anyways)..

The car is much more peppy, much more responsive and much more efficient.. I was very, very surprised. I will do another half an hour datalog so that Chuck can tweak things a little more aggressively and more into my "likings"..

Thumbs UP for Chuck . I am familiar with the negative and positive things people say about him... And I am familiar that maybe in his earlier days while he was learning to tune, he may have made a mistake or two.. Havent we all? So, if you dont have the CoW booster, DO NOT COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU DO NOT HAVE.. If you have heard of a friend who knows someone who knows someone, please DO NOT COMMENT.. Chuck has spent a lot of time with me.. For those that do not understand, I am deaf, so I have to use a relay (third party) person to communicate with him (things get lost in translation especially when said relay doesnt understand car terminology)... Im very pleased with his tune, his transmission tune as well as the CoW booster.. And I am also very familiar with dyno tuning, my last corvette was, and this is much better... Also those that think because Im deaf, I dont "hear" how the car is performing.. I FEEL, and my girlfriend who is familiar with cars listens for me.. The car PURRS now!!!

Lastly, I got a little frustrated because he is a hard man to reach.. He is VERY busy.. I was also frustrated it took almost three months for the autocal and transmission tune..

The wait time sucked... It took awhile to get here .. (thats the two negatives).. Everything else was spectacular..

If you need more information or would like to have dialogue, feel free to PM me..

Thank you Chuck for spending time with me, I know I tested your limits sometimes!! Cant wait to send you a longer datalog and get things tweaked a little further!!!

Michael

Last edited by fmdelvecchio; 08-25-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 AM
fmdelvecchio
Intermediate

Here is an update..

Ive had three tunes so far, I have been data logging my driving and emailing Chuck with the logs and he has been tweaking it.. I am feeling very good about how everything is working out.. The car feels connected, the throttle and transmission seem to have SYNERGY now... I had him lighten up the cow booster on normal mode and made it more aggressive on COMP/TC off mode..

The engine seems much happier, the power is unbelievable.. Chuck puts 100 percent into his tune.. Before I ordered the tune, I was the most hesitant person about mail order tunes because I do have access to great tuners in Az, I wanted to see what the commotion about Chuck was.. And Im glad I did.. If he did not data log my car, I would never have given a second thought to him.. The fact that I can data log and he can see how the car is performing and make it more aggressive or less aggressive based on MY location, and MY car specifically really makes me happy..

Props to Chuck.. I am feeling like we are getting closer to perfection... Im happy that he tuned my car..

Thank you Chuck!! Thank you for all the time you have spent with me.. I appreciate it!!!

Michael
Old 08-15-2013, 08:54 AM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds great!! I have my tune and booster for a few months now and i'm hoping to get a retune asap cause of a new corsa exhaust and CAI, but I am also pleased with what he's done!!! Car has always been fun to drive, but this makes it much better!!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Very Cool!! Chuckcow
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Nothing beats my CoW BOOSTER!

Originally Posted by vig1116
Sounds great!! I have my tune and booster for a few months now and i'm hoping to get a retune asap cause of a new corsa exhaust and CAI, but I am also pleased with what he's done!!! Car has always been fun to drive, but this makes it much better!!
Nothing beats my CoW BOOSTER!

A properly tuned A6 with my CoW BOOSTER! is more fun than you know.

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 08-23-2013, 04:53 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Nothing beats my CoW BOOSTER!

A properly tuned A6 with my CoW BOOSTER! is more fun than you know.

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Yes, three months earlier. That tops them all!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:10 PM
fmdelvecchio
Intermediate

He has retuned my car five times already along with datalog... I'm using mail order and autocal... I'm sure if I put headers on, he will retune... I see maybe since you are in NJ and didn't get mail tune is why?? Lets see what he has to say to that...

He's been a stand up guy in my book, and meticulous...
Old 08-24-2013, 11:43 PM
matt3310
Support St Jude!!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts
2016 C7 of the Year Finalist
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '09-'10
1st St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Chuck tuned my C5 and it really woke that car up! I need him to tune my C6!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:27 PM
fmdelvecchio
Intermediate

Very Happy with my tune.. Extraordinary differences in transmission and CowBooster.. Best thing yet is, he can customize each mode for whatever I want it to be.. I have sent him five datalogs and each time, the tune keeps getting better... He has done EVERYTHING I asked him to (sometimes takes some time but always get a response).. Danny and Chuck ROCK...

PM me if you need more information/comments/etc, would be more than happy to help and answer questions and share my experiences.

Thmbs Up to Chuck.. as well as Danny.. Danny has put up with A LOT from me
Old 08-25-2013, 10:44 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by fmdelvecchio
As promised.. Here are my comments..

I ordered the Autocal and Chuck CoW tuning after doing my research on four different forums (to get a FULL idea because Chuck is a vendor on this forum).. I did a PCM swap (Chuck states it took a while to get the AutoCal batched up and ordered) so he added the CoW booster for me to try while waiting for the autocal. My impression of the CoW booster is VERY good, I like the linear feel of my gas pedal now and will in fact have him make it more aggressive in the competition mode.. I have a 2008 Corvette with A6 transmission.. I was initially disappointed because I did not KNOW that the A6 transmission tune was not in the PCM that he sent.. (that comes later with the autocal).. Im VERY pleased with the CoW booster (and I have tried the Sprintbooster on another vehicle).. The CoW booster is awesome..

The AutoCal came after waiting for two and half months.. I then did a data log and sent Chuck the logs and he sent the tunes and I uploaded it along with the A6 transmission tune.. I was NOT expecting such a performance increase, nor was I expecting something this spectacular.. I had to change my drawers.. Put it this way, I was about to get an Edelbrock supercharger and this has changed my mind (for now anyways)..

The car is much more peppy, much more responsive and much more efficient.. I was very, very surprised. I will do another half an hour datalog so that Chuck can tweak things a little more aggressively and more into my "likings"..

Thumbs UP for Chuck and f..k off naysayers.. You know not what you are talking about.. And YES I am familiar with the negative and positive things people say about him... And I am familiar that maybe in his earlier days while he was learning to tune, he may have made a mistake or two.. Havent we all? So, if you dont have the CoW booster, DO NOT COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU DO NOT HAVE.. If you have heard of a friend who knows someone who knows someone, please DO NOT COMMENT.. Chuck has spent a lot of time with me.. For those that do not understand, I am deaf, so I have to use a relay (third party) person to communicate with him (things get lost in translation especially when said relay doesnt understand car terminology)... Im very pleased with his tune, his transmission tune as well as the CoW booster.. And I am also very familiar with dyno tuning, my last corvette was, and this is much better... Also those that think because Im deaf, I dont "hear" how the car is performing.. I FEEL, and my girlfriend who is familiar with cars listens for me.. The car PURRS now!!!

Lastly, I got a little frustrated because he is a hard man to reach.. He is VERY busy.. I was also frustrated it took almost three months for the autocal and transmission tune..

The wait time sucked... It took awhile to get here .. (thats the two negatives).. Everything else was spectacular..

If you need more information or would like to have dialogue, feel free to PM me..

Thank you Chuck for spending time with me, I know I tested your limits sometimes!! Cant wait to send you a longer datalog and get things tweaked a little further!!!

Michael
F..k off naysayers? Really - you know you do better than this!

Last edited by IrishSpuds; 08-26-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM
fmdelvecchio
Intermediate

Irish...

Post edited.. My language was off base...

I'm enjoying my tune and cowbooster and my experiences have been great...

Michael
Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 AM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Very cool - handled like a gent and a credible post.

Peace
Old 08-27-2013, 12:03 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you again.

Very Happy with my tune.. Extraordinary differences in transmission and CowBooster.. Best thing yet is, he can customize each mode for whatever I want it to be.. I have sent him five datalogs and each time, the tune keeps getting better... He has done EVERYTHING I asked him to (sometimes takes some time but always get a response).. Danny and Chuck ROCK...

PM me if you need more information/comments/etc, would be more than happy to help and answer questions and share my experiences.

Thmbs Up to Chuck.. as well as Danny.. Danny has put up with A LOT from me

Thank you again. I'm glad you like it. I know we spent much more time with you, but....

I does NOT cost extra with me. Some people don't need the time and support... And some people do.

But, I felt your circumstance warranted it... You were always good about it and I KNOW you recognize

just how much time actually goes into delivering the type of product I offer.

It's NOT copy/paste or wham-bam-THANK YOU-maam with me.....

What I do TAKES TIME... and I GIVE IT THE TIME it deserves.

I can't be available every day for every person that calls, but when you have me....YOU GOT ME and I'm YOURS.

You DO get what you pay for with me.
Chuck CoW
Old 08-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Thank you again. I'm glad you like it. I know we spent much more time with you, but....

I does NOT cost extra with me. Some people don't need the time and support... And some people do.

But, I felt your circumstance warranted it... You were always good about it and I KNOW you recognize

just how much time actually goes into delivering the type of product I offer.

It's NOT copy/paste or wham-bam-THANK YOU-maam with me.....

What I do TAKES TIME... and I GIVE IT THE TIME it deserves.

I can't be available every day for every person that calls, but when you have me....YOU GOT ME and I'm YOURS.

You DO get what you pay for with me.
Chuck CoW
Chuck, I needed some support with my tune and never got it after 1 year so I went somewhere else. Last and final PM sent on August
15, still no response to some questions that could have been initially answered in 5 minutes.

Last edited by Turbooo2u; 08-31-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:13 PM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This isnt good. I was thinking about a CoW tune but starting to see there are speed of service issues.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Don 79 TA
Burning Brakes

a little unrelated but Chuck i just sent you my scan file and videos and time slip data for you to review
let me know your thoughts, especially on the trans shifting
i know it's been a while since i've sent scan files back, we haven't used the car much at all and now finally had a night at the track

hope your Labor Day weekend was nice
Old 09-05-2013, 03:36 PM
fmdelvecchio
Intermediate

Hi Chuck,

Hope your week off work was nice and that your labor day was relaxing,.. Please check your email, I sent a nice, LONG datalog..I think we are close to perfection.

Have a great day!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck CoW, my experiences.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:06 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

He has retuned my car five times already along with datalog... I'm using mail order and autocal... I'm sure if I put headers on, he will retune... I see maybe since you are in NJ and didn't get mail tune is why?? Lets see what he has to say to that...

He's been a stand up guy in my book, and meticulous...
Don't assume he will do a free retune if you add mods such as headers, ect. There was a thread recently where a forum member added an exhaust system, I believe, and took his car back to Chuck for a free retune and found out the hard way that the free retune policy is based having Chuck do the installs. I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS A BAD POLICY. Just make sure.

BJK
Old 09-05-2013, 04:16 PM
fmdelvecchio
Intermediate

07Montredcp

Im sure if I lived in NJ or NY or within a driving distance, that may be true.... However,

I got a mail order tune with datalog, Im positive even if I added headers or aftermarket items, he will re-tune for me since I specifically got a mail order tune and Im in Arizona..

The fellow you mentioned lived in NJ so maybe the geographics has to do with it.. Im not sure.. I didn't get his tune in person at his shop so that might be the difference. I do appreciate

the heads up!!! Thanks for posting.

Im very happy with my tune and have no complaints.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Don 79 TA
Burning Brakes

any update on this?

Originally Posted by Don 79 TA
a little unrelated but Chuck i just sent you my scan file and videos and time slip data for you to review
let me know your thoughts, especially on the trans shifting
i know it's been a while since i've sent scan files back, we haven't used the car much at all and now finally had a night at the track

hope your Labor Day weekend was nice

Quick Reply: Chuck CoW, my experiences.