C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Virtual Dashboard Software

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Greg2009
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxx

xxx

Last edited by Greg2009; 02-23-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

I have an SCT programmer, got it with my E-Force, and have recently started to use it to data log using their LiveLink II software. It really seems to be pretty nice. I know some of their programmers can be bought for ~$350, and even recal seeing one for sale on the forum for $150, so it maybe an option.

Last edited by erick_e; 09-30-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 AM
reybeltran
Intermediate

SoCal Events Coordinator
Default OBD Overlay

I use a KiwiPLX OBD to capture data and DashWare software to overlay the data onto video.

Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reybeltran
I use a KiwiPLX OBD to capture data and DashWare software to overlay the data onto video.

06-09-13 ACH Run - Segment 1 of 2 - YouTube

Excellent video! Could you give me a "Video for Dummy's" rundown on your setup such as camera type, how it all ties in together, where to buy, etc.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 09:38 PM
reybeltran
Intermediate

SoCal Events Coordinator
Default Camera Configuration

The software that creates the overlay can support many cameras and data input devices.

DashWare - www.DashWare.net

I use a ContourGPS for the front view and a ContourRoam for the rear view - www.Contour.com

The data for gearing, throttle position and other parameters is collected via the OBD port under the steering wheel, I use a KiwiPLX device - http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=GSST2WIFI

The data from the KiwiPLX is sent to an iPhone via a WiFi connection and an app named Harry's LapTimer collects the data - http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

The total cost is around $700 not including the iPhone.

Data collection is very simple, you push one button on the cameras to collect video and one button on the iPhone to collect data.

The longest process is combining the data in DashWare to create the overlay video. There is a learning curve to use the software.

I have been using this setup for over two years on road trips and HPDE at tracks here in Southern California.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reybeltran
The software that creates the overlay can support many cameras and data input devices.

DashWare - www.DashWare.net

I use a ContourGPS for the front view and a ContourRoam for the rear view - www.Contour.com

The data for gearing, throttle position and other parameters is collected via the OBD port under the steering wheel, I use a KiwiPLX device - http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=GSST2WIFI

The data from the KiwiPLX is sent to an iPhone via a WiFi connection and an app named Harry's LapTimer collects the data - http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

The total cost is around $700 not including the iPhone.

Data collection is very simple, you push one button on the cameras to collect video and one button on the iPhone to collect data.

The longest process is combining the data in DashWare to create the overlay video. There is a learning curve to use the software.

I have been using this setup for over two years on road trips and HPDE at tracks here in Southern California.
Very nice
Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Virtual Dashboard Software

Quick Reply: Virtual Dashboard Software