C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 07:18 AM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck does in addition does do dyno tuning also,i have an apt comming up to see the new numbers after adding.a few mods currently in progress,i spoke to him about updating the tune ,what I was adding,will post the dyno numbers when done to show the results of the cow booster and custom tune to show all what the bang for buck is worth working with corvettes of westchester,keeping in mind when off the dyno the car will still be a daily driver.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 AM
dekan513
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

anyone done a comparison from a good tuner to him back to back.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:11 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello I have a fast 102 with lg long tube headers 3" off road x pipe do u suggest I get a tune
Old 01-24-2014, 10:12 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

HelloI have a fast 102 with lg long tube headers 3" off road x pipe do u suggest I get a tune
Old 01-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Anytime you make a significant change between the O2 sensors and the MAF,, you need or should get a tune. If it were me, I would add as many Mods as possible to make the tune worth the price.

How bad do you need one??? Its difficult to say exactly but,,, if you lean the engine out too much , you could damage it.

Your engine was tuned at the factory to pump XX amount of air at different loads and RPMs.

Once you add something that changes that factor, you will experience flat spots, and even though you may experience additional HP/Tq from the change, you will be leaving some HP/Tq on the table and you will most likely see a significant loss of fuel efficiency. You will also most likely be rich in the WOT AFR part of your tune..
A rich Wide Open Throttle (WOT) AFR does not make power like a properly tuned WOT AFR will.

Do you have to have a tune IMMEDIATELY upon installing the 102? Not really if you don't push the engine thru it paces. It should be fine to drive it to the tuner.

BC
BC
Old 01-26-2014, 04:37 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default You MUST get a tune....

Originally Posted by corvettepower
HelloI have a fast 102 with lg long tube headers 3" off road x pipe do u suggest I get a tune
You MUST get a tune....

Any time you change the way an engine breathes...You MUST get a tune.

You'll be glad you did.

Give me a call if you want to talk about it.

Chuck CoW
Old 01-27-2014, 05:33 AM
corvettepower
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
You MUST get a tune....

You'll be glad you did.

Chuck CoW
Ok thanks
Old 02-01-2014, 07:00 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
You MUST get a tune....

You'll be glad you did.

Chuck CoW
hi chuck, i've spoken to you twice already about my 013 base a6. i askd you about the tune and boost this past summer but haven't had the chance to drive up(skeptical i guess) to have it done. now i'm seriously thinking about headers, tune, boost and changing out my k&n cai for the vararam cai. 2 questions. since i don't track the car would it really be worth going with headers? and second, if your answer is yes, then how much rwhp would i be getting as opposed to stock hp? thanks for your time and input on this matter. bill van dam
Old 02-01-2014, 09:19 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Hey there.....

Originally Posted by billyboy47
hi chuck, i've spoken to you twice already about my 013 base a6. i askd you about the tune and boost this past summer but haven't had the chance to drive up(skeptical i guess) to have it done. now i'm seriously thinking about headers, tune, boost and changing out my k&n cai for the vararam cai. 2 questions. since i don't track the car would it really be worth going with headers? and second, if your answer is yes, then how much rwhp would i be getting as opposed to stock hp? thanks for your time and input on this matter. bill van dam
Hey there. Give me a call. Headers are great and I always prefer the Vararam.

A good tune and CoW BOOSTER! will be the perfect thing to tie it all together.

Call any time.
Chuck CoW
Old 02-01-2014, 11:08 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
lol Cow booster didn't make your car run hotter.. nor would a tune. If anything when you advance timing on a car with a tune it runs cooler not hotter...and its only a few degrees.

?

With the additional 'tune' Chuck did for my PCM, he also turned the fan on more aggressively. If the car does not run hotter with the tune/advanced timing, why a more aggressive fan setting?
Old 02-02-2014, 04:22 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default As I recall.....

Originally Posted by J Christensen
?

With the additional 'tune' Chuck did for my PCM, he also turned the fan on more aggressively. If the car does not run hotter with the tune/advanced timing, why a more aggressive fan setting?
As I recall... We did a CoW BOOSTER! for you and I just sent you a "mini tune" which would have been some very basic

mods which would likely have included a fan adjustment.

I always make sure everyone has a 160 stat as it's important and good for the car.

(not really wanting to get into ANOTHER stat debate here) but especially in warmer climates,

It's a really good idea.
Chuck CoW
Old 10-24-2014, 09:12 PM
G'S50TH
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My c5

I have a 03 A/E Convert with over 80,000 miles ,Chuck has done lots of work on it from c.o.w boost to new rear gears, full Z06 shocks and sway bars. Just had a Borla cat back installed and i have not stopped smiling.

Quick Reply: A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune