C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Norris Motorsports Mail Order, E-mail & Remote Calibration Now Available

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Norris Motorsports Mail Order, E-mail & Remote Calibration Now Available

Hey All,

I have had more and more requests for mail orders and e-mail calibrations and finally worked up a proper pricing structure and some information. This can be found on my website at:

http://mikenorrismotorsports.com/Dyno___Tuning.html

But here is most of what pertains to folks here.

Norris Motorsports GM ECM Mail Order Tuning - $149

Live half way across the county, or across the globe but still want a Norris Motorsports tune? No Problem. Norris Motorsports offers mail order tunes at reasonable pricing. Given our vast experience tuning thousands of unique combinations, Norris Motorsports can tweak your tune to fit your bolt on modifications quickly and easily. Mail Order tunes are perfect if you’ve installed bolt on modifications such as cold air intakes, headers, new gear ratios or torque converters. Norris Motorsports will use HP Tuners software to recalibrate your PCM on our bench to correct idle and drive-ability issues, correct check engine lights and, best of all, help you get the most from your modifications so your car runs smoother, shifts quicker and performs at its peak.

Please note all Forced Induction Speed Density cars will need the proper MAP sensor installed for the application (This is additional to the above pricing and typically $100).

All Automatic Transmission Vehicles with E38, E40 and E67 ECM’s will need the TCM sent in also for Transmission calibration. 6L80E equipped vehicles have an internal TCM which cannot be removed (at least easily) and not supported by the same process of sending in the ECM. It can be calibrated via e-mail if you have your own HP Tuners software.

Our Mail order tunes are generally turned around within 24hrs of your PCM’s arrival to Norris Motorsports. Pricing includes ground shipping back to your location. Expedited shipping is available at additional cost. Please be sure to include a Norris Motorsports Tuning Information Sheet, and include it with your PCM (can be e-mailed to you).

Norris Motorsports GM ECM Remote Tuning

Remote calibration is myself from my location having access to your laptop or PC at your location via the internet. Fees start at $295 and will require a remote PC software such as Go To My PC and a very good internet connection. Paypal, Visa or MasterCard Deposit Required. We will need to make an appointment for a time frame and this can be done at a shop, on the road or on a chassis dyno. It is always best to also have a very good cell phone connection as at times I can hear issues over the phone.

Norris Motorsports At Your Location Tuning

For those not able to make it to my shop, traveling calibration trips are also available. Please contact me for fees and/or to set up an appointment.

With the remote tuning via cell phone and internet, I mention being able to hear an issue. As odd as this sounds it helps. I had a 69 Camaro in Florida that I was remote tuning in and it had a BBC (big cam) and Big Stuff 3. It had some odd idle issues but the data looked decent. When the RPM's were held at about 2-2500 steady, again the data looked okay but it sounded very ratty on the cell phone. I told them it sounded like a bunch of misfires and to check wires and plugs. It ended up having injector driver issues with the BS3. Now this does not mean that I can hear every issue, but an example of what can happen. The downside of remote tuning is the lack of being able to see or hear the vehicle as that can be as important as the data.

So hopefully this will help out a few folks and thanks for reading. Feel free to contact me for more info.

Mike Norris

Quick Reply: Norris Motorsports Mail Order, E-mail & Remote Calibration Now Available