C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service traction and active handling

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 09:16 PM
LS3chris
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service traction and active handling

I hit it from a low roll then after my car said service traction system and service active handling system... Ever hear of that happening ? Car feels and drives just fine.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:46 AM
05_Z51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3chris
I hit it from a low roll then after my car said service traction system and service active handling system... Ever hear of that happening ? Car feels and drives just fine.
I have the same thing. Unfortunatly we will just get directed to some 5 year old thread.

It would be nice if we could let a new discussion about some of this stuff rather then pile onto a thread from 2007.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:01 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

i've been reading a ton of old and new posts concerning these issues and most end without a clear cut solution to the problem. most start out with delaerships and/or shops throwing parts at the issue on the owner's dime. i dread the day i get this message or the car goes into limp mode because of these codes. looks like everyone should do themselves a favor and go ahead and buy a spare bcm cause that seems to be the most replaced part that's recommended but still doesn't fix the issue.
good luck!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:21 PM
05_Z51
Instructor

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
i've been reading a ton of old and new posts concerning these issues and most end without a clear cut solution to the problem. most start out with delaerships and/or shops throwing parts at the issue on the owner's dime. i dread the day i get this message or the car goes into limp mode because of these codes. looks like everyone should do themselves a favor and go ahead and buy a spare bcm cause that seems to be the most replaced part that's recommended but still doesn't fix the issue.
good luck!
I dont think that the traction systems jive with OBD2. I could be wrong though...
Old 05-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

I get the same thing on my modded 08,but no Codes??
Old 05-27-2014, 10:13 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

does it happen no matter what setting you have traction control on?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:24 AM
ZYUL8r
Instructor

Originally Posted by edge04
does it happen no matter what setting you have traction control on?
YES! Even if its off it doesn't matter
Old 06-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Chris, it might be helpful if we had some info on your car, including mods, if any.

I never got these alerts until I went to taller drag radials and my front-back height ratio was a little off. But getting a front end alignment seemed to make it go away (toe was way off).
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Suck out the old brake fluid about 6 times until it is clear .Do install new fluid in the master .If you do this over a 2 or 3 week period mine hasn't thrown that crap on the dash since
Old 06-29-2014, 11:25 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
I get the same thing on my modded 08,but no Codes??
I'm getting the same thing on a 2011 but no codes. I don't see how I can get the warnings on the dash and no DTC's??
Old 06-29-2014, 11:31 PM
ZYUL8r
Instructor

You know i had this problem and it ended up being a loose wheel speed sensor. Check those out, make sure they are tight. Also make sure you do not have a weak battery...if you are confident in the battery then you can begin troubleshooting.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Bigneez
7th Gear

Mine had a code- c056 basically it says I was driving too fast for the system to work properly. I am Canadian and the panel gave me the notice around 180kph/about 110-112 mph . Forgot to mention 05 c6 vert cars was a California car.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:14 AM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I used to get active drag message because of tire height but then i put 36lbs front 31lbs rear and height was good.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 PM
SlowBusa08
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by meinersk
I used to get active drag message because of tire height but then i put 36lbs front 31lbs rear and height was good.
did you change both front and rear height, or just rear? Is this just a generic code for front and rear speed mismatch? I assume the ecm expects to see x rpm for the front and rear wheels given a specific tire height. If the rear tire height changes IE drag radials/slicks, but the front doesn't change, then the ecm will wig out since the wheel speed doesn't match what it expects.

Both of my duramax's would throw ABS codes when I'd put new tires on them, reprogramming the proper tire size in would clear it up.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigneez
Mine had a code- c056 basically it says I was driving too fast for the system to work properly. I am Canadian and the panel gave me the notice around 180kph/about 110-112 mph . Forgot to mention 05 c6 vert cars was a California car.
Did a search through the 05 FSM. No such thing as a C0056 code. Maybe a typo????

Bill
Old 07-21-2014, 01:27 AM
Bigneez
7th Gear

That's what my wrench twister says he had come up, I will have to dble check my receipt as well.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Anthnycz
Cruising

Default Same thing happened last night hit the gas car crapped out

My car is stock 2013 GS got towed to dealer . When I pull out my driveway I pull out sideways not hit the bottom the wheels come off the ground when I do that I think May have damaged the controls that way we will see what dealer come up with on Monday

Get notified of new replies

To Service traction and active handling

Old 08-13-2014, 12:04 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I put coilovers on my car and bolted everything back up. I also raised the car so that when. I put on my new wheels I was sure it would not rub. When I drove the car to the body shop last week the active handling error you speak off came on. Still have not figured out what's up. Any ideas on if it may be because the ride height changed? Any way to make the car learn the new height?
Old 08-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I recently relocated my speed sensors because I added brake cooling ducts. All I did was zip tie them to the back of the brake duct bracket. I recently switched zip tie over to high temp ones. I started getting the active handling service message with my first acceleration after that no problems, just a quick one. Also driver air bag illuminates as well does it happen with everyone else when this occurs.
But today it happen 4 times and I had additional message of ice possible and if I continue to try accelerate it's as if I'm down on power a little bit. So I turn around head back home 12 miles and I couldn't get it to mess up once.
Reading back I see one person says possible low battery, since it only at first but not later. Also I did put those zip ties on pretty tight around the plugs not the wiring. I'm going to the track in a few weeks I don't need this to become an issue
Old 08-17-2014, 06:43 PM
redline06
Advanced

I get the same as BIGNEEZ when I get it up to those speeds on a hard run. also an 06 auto. but with power adders and custom tune.

Quick Reply: Service traction and active handling