C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 GS MIL Light On - DTC P0455

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Dynomax
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 GS MIL Light On - DTC P0455

I fitted a set of Michelin PS2 ZP's to our stock 2011 GS. I wanted to see how they reacted leaving the line. Found some quiet dry asphalt, turned off the traction and stability control, nailed it with quite an amount of wheel spin and then a good solid launch. I then noticed the check engine light on. I have run a diagnostic scan and identified DTC P0455 'Evaporative Emission System leak detected (Gross leak/No flow)'. This has shown up as three codes (PENDING, CONFIRMED and PERMANENT). Scan showed fuel level at 100% which is correct as tank was filled about 3 miles earlier. I carried out an erase instruction on the DTC's but the Pending and Confirmed codes remain (I believe that this is because they match the Permanent code which can only be erased by the vehicle). My take on this is that the DTC was caused by fuel surge in the very full tank tripping the filler vapour leak sensor. I have checked the fuel cap which was secure. Very interested in Forum comment. Many thanks!

Quick Reply: C6 GS MIL Light On - DTC P0455