C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing tables Diablo vs OEM

Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Default Timing tables Diablo vs OEM

I have a 2008, manual, Z51, NPP corvette with a Diablew custom tune and Halltech MF103 air intake. The car runs great, thanks to Lew's tune and the Halltech air intake.

My understanding is that the OEM tune has low and high (or normal) timing tables. Significant K.R. will cause the oem tune to fall into the lower timing table and revert back up slowly, when K.R. is not present.

Does the Diablosport canned tunes or Diablew custom tunes have two timing tables, also? Or do they use one set of timing values?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
I have a 2008, manual, Z51, NPP corvette with a Diablew custom tune and Halltech MF103 air intake. The car runs great, thanks to Lew's tune and the Halltech air intake.

My understanding is that the OEM tune has low and high (or normal) timing tables. Significant K.R. will cause the oem tune to fall into the lower timing table and revert back up slowly, when K.R. is not present.

Does the Diablosport canned tunes or Diablew custom tunes have two timing tables, also? Or do they use one set of timing values?
Yes, the High and Low Octane tables. Same as your stock tune. Only the High Octane table is changed with the standard Diablo tune.

There are also many other tables that control advance but we are only referring to the two noted tables.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by 8850
Yes, the High and Low Octane tables. Same as your stock tune. Only the High Octane table is changed with the standard Diablo tune.

There are also many other tables that control advance but we are only referring to the two noted tables.
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, upper timing values are replaced with the canned/custom tunes. Also, I do understand that IAT's, ECT, Knock sensors, etc. effect timing.

Get notified of new replies

To Timing tables Diablo vs OEM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Timing tables Diablo vs OEM