C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My COW Booster review

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Senecagreen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My COW Booster review

My car is a stock unmodded 2010 3lt C6 with the A6 and factory 2.56 rear gears.

I spent the day with Chuck yesterday watching him tune at Kevin's house here in Oklahoma. Thank you Kevin for your hospitality. I made some new friends.

From the factory GM does not give you control of your throttle. Anything less than WOT your car is neutered and significantly neutered below 50% throttle opening.

Chucks COW Booster gives you back the control you should have been trusted with when you bought your car. I have seen the throttle graphs. GM even neuters your car in competition/sport mode. What an insult to your abilities...

The COW Booster should be your very first mod to your car. Because without it you are not getting the full benefit of any other mods you plan on making because how many times do you drive at less than WOT?

If any of those other tuners could do this they would be bragging all over the place but they can't . Chuck can open up the factory code of a multi-billion dollar corporation and manipulate it at will. Others can turn on or off a certain feature in the factory tune but they do not understand it well enough to be able to do what Chuck does. Chuck earned his knowledge the hard way and most would have given up and said, I don't need to fully understand this program, I will just change what I can change.

So I felt fortunate to have access to Chuck and watch him add the COW Booster to my factory tune while he have me an understanding of just how much control GM has over the throttle of your car.

I was very impressed with the difference the COW Boost made in my car. This is the way the car should have come from the factory. If you are old school the best way I can describe it is it feels like the difference between a small block and a big block in response. It is a lot more immediate now and the car actually feels like it has a 436hp engine in it.

Many thanks to Chuck for his professionalism and willingness to explain how he does what he does in a way that I could understand it. I would totally trust Chuck with my car as I know he has in depth knowledge of these programs that the other guys just don't have.

I feel like I have made a new friend and driving my car is so much more enjoyable now that I have significantly more control over the throttle now.

The COW Booster should definitely be the very first mod you make to your car and if you already have mods you should definitely want the control over the throttle that only Chuck can give you.

It is worth every penny and if you are lucky enough to spend the day with Chuck you are in for a good time and will gain a wealth of knowledge about these cars.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:42 PM
jaygood
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck installed the CoW Boost and tuned my 2000 A4 last night at Kevin's also. It's a whole different machine now. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
Old 06-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Aves_Guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine was tuned and 'Boosted' too - simply awesome!

I met Chuck at the NCCO car show in Norman this year and had him perform a custom tune and install his CoW Booster in my 2013 427 vert. All the while I felt bad for him, and even guilty for having him work on my car, because he was not feeling well and in considerable pain.

That said, he quickly installed the CoW Boost and had me test-drive the change for a while. I came back to have him tune the car and adjust the CoW Booster a little. At the end of the process, he spent an additional 40 or so minutes driving around with me, monitoring my engine performance and my personal preferences, making changes as needed. The change in performance at the low end of the RPM scale (where I live 90% of the time) is simply incredible. The engine response is enhanced so much that I actually had to get used to pulling away from a stop in first and in shifting into second gear again (which didn’t take long BTW).

A big thanks to Chuck! My car is much more fun to drive!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:52 PM
JQUICK
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

How much does the booster cost?
Old 06-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Aves_Guy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JQUICK
How much does the booster cost?
Here's a link to his website. I don't know if what I paid was unique to the car show or not, but it was $199.

http://www.corvettes-of-westchester.com
Old 06-28-2014, 07:16 AM
Keith Tedford
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Quarter Mile Times Improvements

I'd be interested in how much improvement there is in the quarter mile times after these changes. Seat of the pants is a notoriously poor dyno judging from my personal experiences over the years.

Originally Posted by Aves_Guy
Here's a link to his website. I don't know if what I paid was unique to the car show or not, but it was $199.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:31 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Tedford
I'd be interested in how much improvement there is in the quarter mile times after these changes. Seat of the pants is a notoriously poor dyno judging from my personal experiences over the years.
from what I've read most ppl do it for the throttle response...fun factor.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Aves_Guy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Keith Tedford
Good question Keith, and I would agree, but I'm not a racer. If it dyno's exactly the same as before the mod, I wouldn't feel any differently about the car than I do now. There's no mistaking that my car is much more responsive below 3000 RPM and I'm loving it

To be clear, I enjoy watching people run at the track, it's just not my thing.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:12 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Aves_Guy

way too much for a T/B re set. I can get an entire tune for this price. but as long as you are happy.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Senecagreen
Racer

Originally Posted by ls1121
way too much for a T/B re set. I can get an entire tune for this price. but as long as you are happy.
Even with a tune you are still going to have the same throttle control that GM gave you from the factory

That's why the COW booster should be your very first mod and no one else can give you that but Chuck
Old 06-29-2014, 03:31 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Senecagreen
Even with a tune you are still going to have the same throttle control that GM gave you from the factory

That's why the COW booster should be your very first mod and no one else can give you that but Chuck
ok so what you are telling me is that chuck is the only one that can adjust the numbers on the computer screen.... or does have some special thing he adds to the car that no one else has? I am being totally serious with this question. I want to know why it costs $200 to readjust the throttle body program because the Tuner I am about to use says that this is part of his tune normally. I can get an Entire Dyno Tune for $500 so I am trying to figure what extra I can get from Chuck for the extra 200-$400 he charges. Is his tune really that much better or is he just charging more for his work.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Senecagreen
Racer

ok so what you are telling me is that chuck is the only one that can adjust the numbers on the computer screen.... or does have some special thing he adds to the car that no one else has? I am being totally serious with this question. I want to know why it costs $200 to readjust the throttle body program because the Tuner I am about to use says that this is part of his tune normally. I can get an Entire Dyno Tune for $500 so I am trying to figure what extra I can get from Chuck for the extra 200-$400 he charges. Is his tune really that much better or is he just charging more for his work.
Yes it is a special thing he adds to the car that no one else has.

That's why I got the booster and no tune. I don't want a tune right now because my car is stock.

The next thing I will do is have him install the 3.42 rear diff in my car.

After that I will think about a tune. For me a tune requires me adding a CAI and then long tubes headers ($1600) for the headers alone because I would buy American racing.

The rear diff makes a lot more sense to me money wise. These cars are cammed for 2.56/2.73 gears from the factory. They have to make good power way down low because of that. It's amazing that they can do that AND still have decent power up top.

That's why booster first then gears and I may never want more than that. The gear ratios are a lot different in the auto vs stick.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:47 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Chuck did a tune and CoW Boost to my blue Z51 coupe while he was in Norman Oklahoma. It now performs like what was said in the posts above...it is what the factory should be doing. It drives and shifts much better now.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Chucks tune gained me 2 to 3 th's in the 1/4
The car was at 12 .46 to 12.50 and now it runs 12.24 to 12.34.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:19 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Lots of tuners say that crap.....

Lots of tuners say that crap.....Truth is,...They can't do what I do and they don't know what I do.

Give it a tri.... You will gp home with it for sure.....and a smile.

914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 PM
wil692
Intermediate

chuck put the booster in my 07 conv.it is well worth it.also he done a mail order tune,
car now feels like my other supercharged vette.
he is hard to get on the phone,but the wait is worth it.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:49 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you customers for your great posts!

Originally Posted by wil692
chuck put the booster in my 07 conv.it is well worth it.also he done a mail order tune,
car now feels like my other supercharged vette.
he is hard to get on the phone,but the wait is worth it.
Thank you customers for your great posts!

If you miss me by phone, please also send a pm or e-mail.

I'll get to you....

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To My COW Booster review

Old 08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Year old thread?
Old 08-24-2015, 08:27 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Yup.....

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Year old thread?
Yup, but nothing wrong with that! Thanks for the BUMP!

Chuck CoW
Old 08-29-2015, 02:01 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default so

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Yup, but nothing wrong with that! Thanks for the BUMP!

Chuck CoW
May be a year old. But chuck is alive and well
I talked to him yesterday on the phone.
Chuck knows his stuff! What he has put together if he could License his formula he would be a millionaire. Anyway I want him to do all that and a tune for me as soon as I can find the money in my budget it will get done! until I can find the money for a super charger. I just want to do a cold air intake and exhaust and his tune. Then a set of headers and 411 gears. Believe me she'll **** n get after that. Then the supercharger. Hopefully I'll be done.

Quick Reply: My COW Booster review