C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Zengod
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablosport worth it?

Howdy forum, I have an 07 C6 convertible. I have the SLP Loudmouth mufflers, cat delete, ported intake manifold & throttle body, & will soon be getting hooker shorty headers. I was wondering if the Diablosport line of pocket tuners would be worth my time for more HP.

Ive heard i can get better hp & torque from my upgrades with a tune. I want to see what ya'll think before i get one.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

There are plenty of well-regarded tuning shops in Texas. With your mods, I'd go custom tune, especially after/during the header install.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:43 AM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

If you do buy a diablo tool you will need to have the canned tune tweaked for the mods you do. The absolute best guy on this site is Diablo Lew. I have used Lew on my cars and all i can say is he knows these cars better than other tuners i have tried to deal with on this site before. You will not be disappointed!!!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:05 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I think the headers take it out of the canned tunes parameters. Go with a custom by Lew. On my '13 A-6 with Bullets and Superbee, the tune--especially the Tranny firm tune, really made the car come alive. I'd say get it and contact Lew.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:31 PM
benwinrich
Intermediate

I would recommend the Diablosport based on the fact you can do a custom tune with Lew, make changes (headers,cam), data log, and then have Lew adjust for the changes. He does a great job and the customer service he provides is hard to beat.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Get a custom Diablew tune.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:48 AM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Another vote for DiabloSport / DiabLew Tune combination. Been there, done that. Love it. Can't go wrong!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

One thing right now, Lew is hospitalized and not really sure when he will be back, and able to do your tunes. It happened right after I sent him my logs and tunes a little more than a week ago, and he is still dealing with his situation. So there will be some delays.

Here's hoping every thing turns out well Lew!
Old 07-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodstoc
One thing right now, Lew is hospitalized and not really sure when he will be back, and able to do your tunes. It happened right after I sent him my logs and tunes a little more than a week ago, and he is still dealing with his situation. So there will be some delays.

Here's hoping every thing turns out well Lew!
All the best for a speedy recovery for Lew!
Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

All the best to Lew. Although I have never dealt with the gentleman it appears everyone has nothing but praise for him....
Old 07-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Zengod
Howdy forum, I have an 07 C6 convertible. I have the SLP Loudmouth mufflers, cat delete, ported intake manifold & throttle body, & will soon be getting hooker shorty headers. I was wondering if the Diablosport line of pocket tuners would be worth my time for more HP.

Ive heard i can get better hp & torque from my upgrades with a tune. I want to see what ya'll think before i get one.
Hooker makes C6 shorty headers? I thought only Magnaflow started doing that?

Get notified of new replies

To Diablosport worth it?

Quick Reply: Diablosport worth it?