C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners you'd recommend....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Tuners you'd recommend....

Let me start by saying that I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this request, and to say that I will also post elsewhere to see what recommendations I can get.

I have a 2011 GS that I'd like to get tuned to get the best performance out of and want to hear what tuners others would recommend. This car is my DD and cannot be layed up for the ECU to be sent out for programming, however I have a 2nd ECU for the car and if "sending out" is the only option it will be done. In the past however, with my C5's and my past C6, I never found "sending out" the ECU/PCM got me the "best all around" tune, and even in cases where I took the car to a shop the results were not always the best and left me with getting it redone elsewhere (after re-tunes by the original shop just to give them every opportunity to make it right). I will say that while I did not drag race my 2009 C6 the tune was for the most part "right on", but that shop (and I will not name it here) is 100 miles from me and the "extra" cost of going back and forth add to the final cost that I'm looking at (plus as I said the car was never drag raced and the current car will be). The one thing this "last shop" did that I liked the most was they spent time "in house" tuning the car and then a lengthy time "on the road" to do the final setup, and I was happy with the results (not to mention the fact that "adjustments", if I wanted, could be done over the PC and me using my EFI Live V2 without driving back and forth).

I don't want to drag this out so I'd appreciate any recommendations and comments regarding picking a tuner. There is one other topic I need to bring out....the car is, and will remain all stock with the exception of an Airaid intake system (250-230) and the car is a 2011 GS - A6 - all stock engine, trans, rear & exhaust, NO other changes will be made (but that was also the case with the 2009 A6 Vette that had the successful tune done.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:01 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Sending out the ECU for programming? People still do that? This isn't the 90s or Early 2000s anymore, I thought we were past that..

I have always been a firm believer that canned tunes are never as good as street/dyno tunes made in the actual car by a knowledgeable tuner. However in your case you want to stay as close to stock as possible, so while your car will wake up a decent amount from a tune it won't see huge gains like a tuned car with basic upgrades would.

I'd probably just buy a Diablo tuner and call it a day if I were in your shoes.. No point in nitpicking or trying to get the max out of a car that you want to be gentle on and not upgrade.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 PM
shawnaj7731
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

contact Ed hutchings at hitech tuning, probably the best tuner in the U.S and can do remote tuning to fit your needs.http://www.hitechtuning.com/
Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

ECS is in NJ, they are great.
Fran@RPM is in Delaware if you want to drive a bit. He is top notch.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Give us a call. We can get you taken care of.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Red98C5
Let me start by saying that I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this request, and to say that I will also post elsewhere to see what recommendations I can get.

I have a 2011 GS that I'd like to get tuned to get the best performance out of and want to hear what tuners others would recommend. This car is my DD and cannot be layed up for the ECU to be sent out for programming, however I have a 2nd ECU for the car and if "sending out" is the only option it will be done. In the past however, with my C5's and my past C6, I never found "sending out" the ECU/PCM got me the "best all around" tune, and even in cases where I took the car to a shop the results were not always the best and left me with getting it redone elsewhere (after re-tunes by the original shop just to give them every opportunity to make it right). I will say that while I did not drag race my 2009 C6 the tune was for the most part "right on", but that shop (and I will not name it here) is 100 miles from me and the "extra" cost of going back and forth add to the final cost that I'm looking at (plus as I said the car was never drag raced and the current car will be). The one thing this "last shop" did that I liked the most was they spent time "in house" tuning the car and then a lengthy time "on the road" to do the final setup, and I was happy with the results (not to mention the fact that "adjustments", if I wanted, could be done over the PC and me using my EFI Live V2 without driving back and forth).

I don't want to drag this out so I'd appreciate any recommendations and comments regarding picking a tuner. There is one other topic I need to bring out....the car is, and will remain all stock with the exception of an Airaid intake system (250-230) and the car is a 2011 GS - A6 - all stock engine, trans, rear & exhaust, NO other changes will be made (but that was also the case with the 2009 A6 Vette that had the successful tune done.
I think its worth mentioning that the quickest/fastest bolt-on GS on these forums runs our 93 octane tune from our inTune device

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-s...une-today.html

Let me know if you have any specific questions, but I think it will fit your needs perfectly.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Nothing wrong with a mail order tune. My other car runs a mail order tune. I've seen many mail order tunes better than anything local. It comes down to the tuner, and how they work with you. If they are willing to review logs and dial in the tune remotely, besides the time that takes, it is no different than street tuning it.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:32 PM
ejbarre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You live in NJ, a no-brainer, Chuck Mosello. COW (Corvettes of Westchester).
www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com
914-332-0049
Old 07-19-2014, 02:47 PM
gmkillr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed Hutchings at Hi-Tech tuning......this guy has forgotten more about tuning that most tuners know.....Great to deal with!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:39 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Yeah... I think you're really close to me.....

Originally Posted by ejbarre
You live in NJ, a no-brainer, Chuck Mosello. COW (Corvettes of Westchester).
www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com
914-332-0049
Yeah... I think you're really close to me.....

I know how to get you exactly what you're looking for.

CoW BOOSTER! included!

Call any time.
914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 07-24-2014, 06:15 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

The real "no brainer" in NJ is East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, near Great Adventure. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Go straight to ECS.

609 752 0321.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:37 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

3 great choices in NJ.

Cartek
ECS
Tune Time

There is no reason to leave this state for LS tuning greatness.

....plenty of other reasons to leave though
Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default Fyi, Check it out! C7 1/4 mile fast list.

The last time I looked the Grand Sport "bolt-on" record of 11.32 @125MPH also "KICKS A$$" speed & et on "all" the C7's running the "same" style "bolt-on" equipment with professional or any other type tune.

My mods. 1) Headers. 2) CAI, oem mod. 3) Tune, "intune" canned 93 octane. 4) Tires.

Note: C7's have CAI from the factory.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 11-02-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:39 PM
socal_tom
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 130 Posts

Chuck @ C.O.W. did mine about a year ago and I am very happy with the tune and the customer service I received from them
Old 08-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Top notch tuner close to home in NJ

Just call ECS (Doug) and drive over there i am sure that he will do it while you wait and then you can test drive it to make sure your happy.

Their place is in Cream Ridge just over the NJ Typke past Great Adventure.

They are also a vendor here for years.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Yeah... I think you're really close to me.....

I know how to get you exactly what you're looking for.

CoW BOOSTER! included!

Call any time.
914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
But you never responded to my phone calls or emails or PM's...
Old 09-27-2014, 03:41 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Not sure....

But you never responded to my phone calls or emails or PM's...
Not sure exactly when you called, but were open many hours 6 days a week.

I'm sure if you try, you'll get me.

Calling before 10 am usually wont get you much and calling in the evening is best for me.

It's too busy during the day.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Tuners you'd recommend....

Old 09-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
The last time I looked the Grand Sport "bolt-on" record of 11.32 @125MPH also "KICKS A$$" speed & et on "all" the C7's running the "same" style "bolt-on" equipment with professional or any other type tune.

My mods. 1) Headers 2) CAI, oem mod. 3) Tune, "intune" canned 93 octane 4) Tires.

Note: C7's have CAI from the factory.
I want your tune in mine, but I'm an M6, so I will have to be a little different.

Last edited by Seadawg; 09-30-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadawg
I want your tune in mine, but I'm an M6, so I will have to be a little different.
Similar results are achievable with the M6, you just gotta work a little harder
Old 09-30-2014, 07:23 PM
lsxvette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

slowhawk

Quick Reply: Tuners you'd recommend....