C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any word on Diablew?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:46 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
That's great news! Glad to hear that Lew is doing better and is back in business! Welcome back Lew.

DITTO
Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Thank you everyone for your concern and well-wishes!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Yeah, it was a tough go there for a while.. I was in the hospital for over a month - July 7th through August 14th... died on the operating table... doctors told me if I had waited another hour or two before going to the ER, that I wouldn't be here at all... Here's more info if interested to read: http://www.gofundme.com/d5nkho

so yeah, it has been a battle.. and am still recovering, but at least I am home and things are going well now...

So yes, I am back in the saddle and going at it!!! I got caught up on the 800 emails (yes, 800, heh) I had piled up while I was in the hospital, and am actively doing new tune requests, orders, etc etc...

So please feel free to hit me up!!

www.diablewtune.com

Thank you!
-Lew

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-17-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:46 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Thank you everyone for your concern and well-wishes!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Yeah, it was a tough go there for a while.. I was in the hospital for over a month - July 7th through August 14th... died on the operating table... doctors told me if I had waited another hour or two before going to the ER, that I wouldn't be here at all... Here's more info if interested to read: http://www.gofundme.com/d5nkho

so yeah, it has been a battle.. and am still recovering, but at least I am home and things are going well now...

So yes, I am back in the saddle and going at it!!! I got caught up on the 800 emails (yes, 800, heh) I had piled up while I was in the hospital, and am actively doing new tune requests, orders, etc etc...

So please feel free to hit me up!!

www.diablewtune.com

Thank you!
-Lew
Hey Lew. Welcome back buddy - you had us worried for a while there!

BTW: I think I need a new tune, since I've done some "ram air" mods to my air box and my idle LTFTs are now at 19% and 20% and cruise is ~13%, whereas you had the tune perfected before (~2-4%). I know you must be under pressure now, so I'm going to do a data log w/ the Intune soon and send it to you soon. I'll email you in due course.
Glad you're back man.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:51 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey Lew. Welcome back buddy - you had us worried for a while there!

BTW: I think I need a new tune, since I've done some "ram air" mods to my air box and my idle LTFTs are now at 19% and 20% and cruise is ~13%, whereas you had the tune perfected before (~2-4%). I know you must be under pressure now, so I'm going to do a data log w/ the Intune soon and send it to you soon. I'll email you in due course.
Glad you're back man.
Thanks man!

wow, 20%.. that's almost at GM's max threshold... that's at idle??? check your air intake, make sure everything is completely together, and that all clamps/bolts from air filter to throttle body are TIGHT so no air leaks anywhere...
Old 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Okay. Will do Lew.
Yep, that's measured on my Dashlogic. It reads solidly at 19% on one bank and 20% on the other at idle. Once I'm cruising it drops down to 11-13% and when I take my foot off the pedal it goes right back to 19/20. I did bust one of the hose clamps on my Halltech intake when I was screwing it back together. They seem to be very delicate. I will check everything over and let you know what I find.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:31 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Okay. Will do Lew.
Yep, that's measured on my Dashlogic. It reads solidly at 19% on one bank and 20% on the other at idle. Once I'm cruising it drops down to 11-13% and when I take my foot off the pedal it goes right back to 19/20. I did bust one of the hose clamps on my Halltech intake when I was screwing it back together. They seem to be very delicate. I will check everything over and let you know what I find.
Just to update on the above: I checked all the clamps, etc. on the intake and I couldn't find any leaks. I hooked up the Intune and started a datalog. The LTFTs were at 19% for both banks at idle. At cruise they went down to 10%.
Lew, I'm going to send you an email with the log file soon.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Glad to hear you are back up and running Lew! I am sure you are quite relieved.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:43 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Lew take "good care" of yourself. I wish you & family all the best!

Best Regards,
Bill

PS: Down the road I "may" have a 650 hp supercharged Z06 which may need your attention, but only after a few attempts at setting the stock record. Should be able to go 10.0 "legal" from the factory with this car.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 09-23-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Any word on Diablew?