C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mm,, can it or not. [tune]. c6

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:18 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by carls2004
OK, Been driving my 06 for awhile now with can tune in, and seems to be down on power now as it hit 90 here today in upstate N.Y. -Car lacks power like timing is retarted ??? and here alot more from air intake.when getting into throtle.
And just once when starting veh, after a short hot soak [ 5 min], car acted like it was almost floaded..?????
And the shifting has never improved with the can tune. In which when i jump into it hard i have to let off gas as veh seems to want to go near red line on upshift..
Im ready to pull the predator sport tune out and put stock back in... Any suggestions
Predator will not address the shift issues. You need an Intune or Trinity to address shifting. The LS2 is notorious for running like a dog in very hot weather. I don't remember the issues which made it that way. Probably a combo of various issues, including the air intake and intake manifold. As has been suggested, try removing the tune and run it stock. If you want a better shift you will have to go with an Intune or trinity or custom tune.
Meanwhile, here's a thread with lots of info on the LS2 which may be helpful

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...6-and-ls3.html
Old 09-07-2014, 08:49 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by J Vette
Predator will not address the shift issues. You need an Intune or Trinity to address shifting. The LS2 is notorious for running like a dog in very hot weather. I don't remember the issues which made it that way. Probably a combo of various issues, including the air intake and intake manifold. As has been suggested, try removing the tune and run it stock. If you want a better shift you will have to go with an Intune or trinity or custom tune.
Meanwhile, here's a thread with lots of info on the LS2 which may be helpful

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...6-and-ls3.html
Seems better today with it cooler.. But shift issue isnt there with stock tune ??.. Only with predator sport.. T.M maybe ???..
Old 09-09-2014, 02:43 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Does anyone know if the predator sport uses, one timing table, with 91 or 93 octane tune is selected ???

Quick Reply: mm,, can it or not. [tune]. c6