C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mm,, can it or not. [tune]. c6

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 03:46 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Default mm,, can it or not. [tune]. c6

Im new to whats out there in can tune's. - So if i keep my current automatic [2006] stock ,- Is there any benifit with me adding a can tune. ??????

Currently hate my shifting. If i leave battery unhooked for awhile, then drive- shifting is fair. -- But car seems to get worse after alot of city driving and then power is down after about a week. . Until, i do the battery unhook thing again...
Old 07-28-2014, 04:58 PM
benwinrich
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 LS3 with borla axle back and a snake charmer intake and the Diablosport made a world of difference for me. The shifting is slow and weak and even using the paddles they lag really bad. I bought the Diablo and had Diallew do a custom tune for me and day and night difference. GM dumbed down the HP on these cars but that little hand held tuner will really open them back up.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by carls2004
Im new to whats out there in can tune's. - So if i keep my current automatic [2006] stock ,- Is there any benifit with me adding a can tune. ??????

Currently hate my shifting. If i leave battery unhooked for awhile, then drive- shifting is fair. -- But car seems to get worse after alot of city driving and then power is down after about a week. . Until, i do the battery unhook thing again...
Lots of nice positive reviews of other LS2 owners who have used our tunes here.

...and a nice LS3 testimonial above
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys.. Gonna look into one..
Old 07-30-2014, 11:03 AM
shawnaj7731
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt bother with a can tune, for a little bit more money you can get it dyno tuned and dialed in perfect. Can tunes are generic tunes in my opionion if you want the most for your money get it dynoed. btw HP tuners is what most people are using on the vettes today seems as if there is more ability to tune there.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:49 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Default Tuner

Originally Posted by shawnaj7731
i wouldnt bother with a can tune, for a little bit more money you can get it dyno tuned and dialed in perfect. Can tunes are generic tunes in my opionion if you want the most for your money get it dynoed. btw HP tuners is what most people are using on the vettes today seems as if there is more ability to tune there.
Already have a DiabloSport on the way.. Thanks for input guys..
Old 07-31-2014, 02:30 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Already have a DiabloSport on the way.. Thanks for input guys..
Good move. I have an InTune for my 07 with the A6 (auto) Tranny. I put the DS tune (93) with firm shift which makes a big difference in the way the car shifts and performs in general.
I previously had a DS Predator (InTune took its place) on an 09 Ram Pickup with equally stunning improvement. There may be a better way to go with a highly modified car. But for a near stock car with auto tranny, the DS products (InTune or Trinity) are top tier products IMO.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:12 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J Vette
Good move. I have an InTune for my 07 with the A6 (auto) Tranny. I put the DS tune (93) with firm shift which makes a big difference in the way the car shifts and performs in general.
I previously had a DS Predator (InTune took its place) on an 09 Ram Pickup with equally stunning improvement. There may be a better way to go with a highly modified car. But for a near stock car with auto tranny, the DS products (InTune or Trinity) are top tier products IMO.
I didnt have the cash to get the Intune or Trinity.
Went ahead and got a Predator Sport ( U7194 )
As of me posting this, i had just loaded it and just did a 5 mile run, as its raining. - But i do have questions...since im not up on the Diablosport.

1 - I had choices of 91 octane tune and Diablo Tune. - So i loaded the Diablo tune - So is this the 93 octane tune i read. ???

2 -So if its 93 octane tune, and lets say i do get spark knock does ECM, still back off timing, to help prevent damage. ???

3 -How long do i have to drive veh for what i call re learn ???. - As there is a hesitation now in veh when you jump on it. Even in park.. which wasnt there before.

4 -Does the tune i loaded, help shifting.

5 - And im sure ill have more questions.

Shoot, looks like there is update to my unit. I have revision V9r30

Last edited by carls2004; 07-31-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:15 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

1. Yes, the diablo tune is the 93 tune.
2. Yes, the knock sensors are still fully active.
3. It should be instant....
4. No, you need an inTune or Trinity for TCM support.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:48 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Thanks mike. So i was just trying to down load instruction from sight on how to up date to latest revision. But it wont open. mmmmmmmmmm..
My predator U7194 hAS revistion V9r30 but it looks like there is a V.9r31 avalable
Any idea how impotant it will be for me to get latest revision,. and any quick instru on what i need .
Oh my laptop is running window vista 32 bit

Last edited by carls2004; 07-31-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:12 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

No need to update that
Old 07-31-2014, 06:19 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
No need to update that
Sweet..... save for no headach.
Ill let ya all know on my thoughts of the predator, in my 2006 stock C6 vette..
Old 07-31-2014, 08:07 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Well i just took car out as it quit raining here..
Was alot of traffic in town, but on a street i turn onto and sometimes jump right into it and mash the pedal, and the car has up shifted a few gears,-- I decided to try same exact thing and here is my thoughts.

Just what CAR NEEDED.. Has a def improvement and starts to break tire's loose alot quicker.
Feel good about the cann tune, and what it did for my stock 06
Old 08-06-2014, 05:11 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

MMMM, Any thoughts on if i should keep the 93 octane tune in my stock 06 automatic, ?
I also just got done adding a airaid air intake. Which car seems to love.. But when i jumped on it once here ,, i was upshifted to third and mashed the gas and car down shifted good, but felt like it had went into between gears neutral 5,000 RPM..
But i may be wrong as i let off gas as i had car coming at me. AND i dont fool around in traffic.

Last edited by carls2004; 10-15-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

I wouldn't expect a huge change from that CAI, not enough to cause shifting issues, keep an eye on it and let me know if it does it again.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2014, 08:26 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't expect a huge change from that CAI, not enough to cause shifting issues, keep an eye on it and let me know if it does it again.

Thanks
Thanks mike..- Ill be driving it some more. After i had driven veh for 35 min, after air intake install, That was the hardest ive jumped into it since adding can tune -- then air intake..
Ill keep you posted till the next time i jump into it hard....Maybe the little extra im getting now,,- is showing up with what the Trans controller lacks [trans tune ] ??
Old 08-07-2014, 10:49 AM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

1. Yes, the diablo tune is the 93 tune.
2. Yes, the knock sensors are still fully active.
3. It should be instant....
4. No, you need an inTune or Trinity for TCM support.
Mike, I know you know more about your product than I do. However, I used a Predator on my 09 Dodge Ram Hemi. Before I bought the Predator, I was told that the way it made the truck shift was worth the price. I found that to be true in the Hemi. When it shifted it just thrust itself forward into gear. Maybe that was because of the extra power the tune made. But it seemed to be a change in the tranny too.
Is there a difference in the tune for the Corvette with the Predator? Will the Corvette react similar to my experience with the 09 Hemi? Just curious.

MMMM, Any thoughts on if i should keep the 93 octane tune in my stock 06 automatic, ?
I also just got done adding a airaid air intake. Which car seems to love.. But when i jumped on it once here after i installed air intake, i was upshifted to third and mashed the gas and car down shifted good, but felt like it had went into between gears neutral 5,000 RPM..
But i may be wrong as i let off gas as i had car coming at me. AND i dont fool around in traffic.
Thanks mike..- Ill be driving it some more. After i had driven veh for 35 min, after air intake install, That was the hardest ive jumped into it since adding can tune -- then air intake..
Ill keep you posted till the next time i jump into it hard....Maybe the little extra im getting now,,- is showing up with what the Trans controller lacks [trans tune ] ??
Could it be that the computer has not yet adjusted itself completely to the new CAI and thus has caused a blip in the shifting which will be remedied with more driving?

Get notified of new replies

To mm,, can it or not. [tune]. c6

Old 08-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by J Vette
Mike, I know you know more about your product than I do. However, I used a Predator on my 09 Dodge Ram Hemi. Before I bought the Predator, I was told that the way it made the truck shift was worth the price. I found that to be true in the Hemi. When it shifted it just thrust itself forward into gear. Maybe that was because of the extra power the tune made. But it seemed to be a change in the tranny too.
Is there a difference in the tune for the Corvette with the Predator? Will the Corvette react similar to my experience with the 09 Hemi? Just curious.
Your Ram did not have a seperate TCM to control the trans, it was all in the PCM, so its a different deal. If you have a C6 with a Auto, it has its own TCM and the Predator will not be able to talk to it.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2014, 07:25 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

OK, Been driving my 06 for awhile now with can tune in, and seems to be down on power now as it hit 90 here today in upstate N.Y. -Car lacks power like timing is retarted ??? and here alot more from air intake.when getting into throtle.
And just once when starting veh, after a short hot soak [ 5 min], car acted like it was almost floaded..?????
And the shifting has never improved with the can tune. In which when i jump into it hard i have to let off gas as veh seems to want to go near red line on upshift..
Im ready to pull the predator sport tune out and put stock back in... Any suggestions

Last edited by carls2004; 09-05-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:44 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

OK, Been driving my 06 for awhile now with can tune in, and seems to be down on power now as it hit 90 here today in upstate N.Y. -Car lacks power like timing is retarted ??? and here alot more from air intake.when getting into throtle.
And just once when starting veh, after a short hot soak [ 5 min], car acted like it was almost floaded..?????
And the shifting has never improved with the can tune. In which when i jump into it hard i have to let off gas as veh seems to want to go near red line on upshift..
Im ready to pull the predator sport tune out and put stock back in... Any suggestions
yep...remove it and see if the car responds better under the same conditions.
good luck!

Quick Reply: mm,, can it or not. [tune]. c6