C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help 2008 c6 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:32 PM
chase43
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help 2008 c6 problems

okay so I finally got my 08 c6 cammed and everything....the shop i had do the tuning first told me they were gonna do the dyno and all that. All they did was use SCT with the handheld and didnt actually get into and change much. So I got the car back and it ran like ****. Rather than taking it back to them because I never want them to touch my car again i took it to a differetn shop that specializes in only GM performance. He was blown away that they used SCT and a handheld flasher. He uses HP tuning and he first ripped the tune off my car and compared it to a stock tune for my car and there was virtually nothing changed. So yea I figured okay thats why its running terrible. So he says he can fix it and re dyno it the right way get everything going for me. So im supposed to pick it up today and he calls and says theres a problem. He says the car keeps falling into limp mode and wont shift out of 4th gear...even with the paddle shifters. When you engage sport mode and try to shift up or down out of 4th it just shows an X over the 4. So he says that he thinks maybe the first people that worked on it some how uploaded a corrupt file with SCt that is causing the car to just go into limp mode and tells me to go to the dealer and have them flash only the TCM back to stock and see if the car will shift. Well all the dealers are closed and its the weekend now and Im just wanting some feedback of what you think could be the problem. Thanks

2008 C6 LS3 6.2
Borla Long Tubes
Custom Comp cam
Old 07-26-2014, 12:04 AM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Where are you located?

Quick Reply: Please help 2008 c6 problems