C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Track tuning

So I am going to RA road course and was thinking of doing some on track tuning. Has anyone done this? The car is not a track only car. I have no MAF so would just tune the VE table using WB and lambda error. I would disable fuel trims but I obviously don't want to disable PE. Maybe I'll just adjust my PE throttle so I'm not always in PE or does it matter? Any advice? Thanks

Last edited by edge04; 08-06-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:08 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

With no information on your car in your profile, you would have to provide more information on your ECM type and modifications to get one of the experienced tuners on this forum to get involved. Several have already read your thread without responding.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Guess I was just wondering if anyone has ever done track tuning. Of course a load bearing dyno is best but I would think a track would be 2nd best.

So my question is if I plan on doing track tuning and only tune using a wideband and lambda error with no MAF (SDOL only) should I set PE to enable earlier than normal street driving?

FI LS2, E38-2 bar SD COS using HPT. No meth yet.

thanks
Old 08-07-2014, 02:28 PM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

You'll have almost no steady state data from the track. You will have both wall film and base VE effects happening simultaneously, making it difficult to narrow any issues down to one or the other. I have seen a lot of jacked up of VE maps that resulted from this type of "tuning". The cost for a couple hours on a good load bearing dyno is about the same as most track days and will get you the opportunity to collect far more useful data.

If the car was properly calibrated ahead of time on the dyno, you often don't need to do anything on track to make it run right.

Get notified of new replies

To Track tuning

Quick Reply: Track tuning