C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cow Booster vs others

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 05:38 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW

Have me install it with my tune or over the top of any other tuner's tune
chuck, can the coW booster be installed over the top of the diablo sport intune?
thanks
Old 09-23-2014, 05:41 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
There are many differences between each tuner, their preferred method of tuning, and how complete/thorough it is. This may be to appeal to a certain customer, price point, etc.

A full street/dyno tuning session will allow a tuner to monitor and change all open parameters across multiple tables (VE, MAF,..) as well as adjust everything from transmission shift points to throttle response. A competent and skilled EFI Live tuner will have access to and understand how to manipulate most all functions from the PCM to fine tune each vehicle specifically.

Not every car, engine, or driver are the same. Monitoring how the car is reacting under different conditions (hot/cold starts, idle, partial throttle, WOT, etc.) and being able to see how the car has changed after modifying these parameters is the only way to truly dial in a vehicle for optimal performance and reliability.
Not to mention the ability you guys have shown in dealing with HUGE converters and nasty cams getting them to idle and run better. Mike has his stuff really put down.

I've seen the guys get an idle ready on cars other tuners simply had to let go. Not to mention power output and track results... 1/2 mile anyone?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:43 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
chuck, can the coW booster be installed over the top of the diablo sport intune?
thanks
I would suggest that you put the intune back to stock and install whatever you wish to use in the future... Give mike@vengeance a call.

404-606-8434
Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you have your car currently tuned with someone else and you're happy, but want to have the snappier response of the cow booster. you can have the cow booster added, and it wont affect the tune in the car. Sallen619 had his c6 tuned by me, and Cow added the booster to it.. Cow booster is only editing the APP pedal to Throttle body relationship. I have tried to modify the values in Hptuners software for that relationship and had the pcm throw TAC module codes.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:34 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default The CoW BOOSTER! is VERY COOL and completely independent of the tune.

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
If you have your car currently tuned with someone else and you're happy, but want to have the snappier response of the cow booster. you can have the cow booster added, and it wont affect the tune in the car. Sallen619 had his c6 tuned by me, and Cow added the booster to it.. Cow booster is only editing the APP pedal to Throttle body relationship. I have tried to modify the values in Hptuners software for that relationship and had the pcm throw TAC module codes.
Thanks Ryne!

The CoW BOOSTER! is VERY COOL and completely independent of the tune.

No matter who tunes it we can add the CoW BOOSTER! to it. Even HPT custom OSs are no

problem for me.

CoW BOOSTER! is a re-mapping of the ETC tables and NOT something you can do with EfiLive or HPT.

It's NOT a tune, however a portion of what I do is in the main flash.

When you say one tuner is better than the other, or someone's tune is better than my

CoW BOOSTER! it's not accurate. Any tuner's tune would benefit from the CoW BOOSTER!

and it's not often that any LS vehicle does not benefit from an enhanced throttle opening

in the lower rpms and throttle openings.

David made some sensible comments here....

There are many differences between each tuner, their preferred method of tuning, and how complete/thorough it is. This may be to appeal to a certain customer, price point, etc.

A full street/dyno tuning session will allow a tuner to monitor and change all open parameters across multiple tables (VE, MAF,..) as well as adjust everything from transmission shift points to throttle response. A competent and skilled EFI Live tuner will have access to and understand how to manipulate most all functions from the PCM to fine tune each vehicle specifically.

Not every car, engine, or driver are the same.
No tuner is THE BEST. Silly comment to make considering we each have our specialties and areas where

we excel or we are not the BEST. Personally, I'm not your RACING, TRACK record holder and if

that's what your goal is....Go see Ron and David. They will do good for you.

If you want a street vehicle, automatic or whatever, that you want to beat on every day...makes

you feel like Mario Andretti or Don Garlits, and run clean, get great mileage, and never blow up or

leave you stuck....That's what I do.

The tuner with the fastest track record is not the BEST TUNER. Track and street tuning are DIFFERENT

and cross lines only in a few areas. Like David says.... Us the guy that's close to you that delivers

the most of what you're looking for. Not that my customers don't go to the track.... Many do, but likely you

won't find me there cause I'm usually out on my Jet Ski... Just simply not my passion.

All that aside.... CoW BOOSTER! is unique to me and if you think that you're not getting enough

"SNAP" outa the throttle in your LS vehicle...Give me a call.

No it's not a tune, or a blower, or a part, or a hoax...

It just simply allows MORE THROTTLE SOONER which you can't do any other way.

Don't knock it till you try it... (or understand it).... It's our most popular product

and we sell em EVERY DAY.

Call me if you're interested in trying it.
Chuck CoW
Old 09-28-2014, 01:44 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...omparison.html

My review of Chucks Cow Booster vs a competitor
Old 10-02-2014, 01:13 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you.

Originally Posted by GTJim
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...omparison.html

My review of Chucks Cow Booster vs a competitor

Thank you!
Chuck CoW
Old 10-04-2014, 07:40 PM
biker1059
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Do you make it any where close to East Texas? Very interested in the CoW Boost. Sounds like exactly what I want.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:55 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default I'll do Houston every year....

Originally Posted by biker1059
Do you make it any where close to East Texas? Very interested in the CoW Boost. Sounds like exactly what I want.
I'll do Houston every year.... Spend all my time at VARARAM.

Call me and let me know if you wanna go there to meet me,.

914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
Old 10-09-2014, 10:53 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks Ryne!

The CoW BOOSTER! is VERY COOL and completely independent of the tune.

No matter who tunes it we can add the CoW BOOSTER! to it. Even HPT custom OSs are no

problem for me.

CoW BOOSTER! is a re-mapping of the ETC tables and NOT something you can do with EfiLive or HPT.

It's NOT a tune, however a portion of what I do is in the main flash.

When you say one tuner is better than the other, or someone's tune is better than my

CoW BOOSTER! it's not accurate. Any tuner's tune would benefit from the CoW BOOSTER!

and it's not often that any LS vehicle does not benefit from an enhanced throttle opening

in the lower rpms and throttle openings.

David made some sensible comments here....

No tuner is THE BEST. Silly comment to make considering we each have our specialties and areas where

we excel or we are not the BEST. Personally, I'm not your RACING, TRACK record holder and if

that's what your goal is....Go see Ron and David. They will do good for you.

If you want a street vehicle, automatic or whatever, that you want to beat on every day...makes

you feel like Mario Andretti or Don Garlits, and run clean, get great mileage, and never blow up or

leave you stuck....That's what I do.

The tuner with the fastest track record is not the BEST TUNER. Track and street tuning are DIFFERENT

and cross lines only in a few areas. Like David says.... Us the guy that's close to you that delivers

the most of what you're looking for. Not that my customers don't go to the track.... Many do, but likely you

won't find me there cause I'm usually out on my Jet Ski... Just simply not my passion.

All that aside.... CoW BOOSTER! is unique to me and if you think that you're not getting enough

"SNAP" outa the throttle in your LS vehicle...Give me a call.

No it's not a tune, or a blower, or a part, or a hoax...

It just simply allows MORE THROTTLE SOONER which you can't do any other way.

Don't knock it till you try it... (or understand it).... It's our most popular product

and we sell em EVERY DAY.

Call me if you're interested in trying it.
Chuck CoW
Just to clarify.... Pretty sure we have a solid grip on drivability/around town performance as well as shattering records all over the country
Old 10-09-2014, 12:59 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Just to clarify.... Pretty sure we have a solid grip on drivability/around town performance as well as shattering records all over the country
Old 12-06-2014, 11:20 AM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

I'll do Houston every year.... Spend all my time at VARARAM.

Call me and let me know if you wanna go there to meet me,.

914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
How often do you come to Texas? Any particular time of year?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:00 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Usually try to get to Vararam....

Originally Posted by juanvaldez
How often do you come to Texas? Any particular time of year?
Usually try to get to Vararam every year in FEBRUARY.

Steve and I talked the other night and we're thinking some time middle of the month.

I'm trying to get stuff worked out on my end so we can make the date work.

If you're interested, please call me at 914-332-0049 so I can put you on my call list. NO commitment necessary.

Many people inquire and when it's looking like it will happen I'll make a round of calls to see whose in.

Thanks
Chuck CoW
Old 12-11-2014, 08:14 AM
timvan
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Mike pulled a lot more power out of my car as well as driveability compared to another tune
Old 12-11-2014, 08:21 AM
timvan
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
The relationship between the throttle pedal and the Tb valve is not linear on a C6, Meaning that if you push the pedal 1/4 of the way down, the TB valve is not going to open up 1/4 of the way.

GM programed the pedal this way so the car is slow traffic/wet condition drivable and to gain MPG fuel economy (pedal less sensitive for the first half of the pedal push). When you start to get 1/2 way down or more, then the TB valve becomes more linear instead.

The cow booster remaps the pedal to TB programing so the TB valve opens up more in the initial part of the pedal push (still not completely linear between the two, since this would make the car almost un-drivable in less than perfect traction conditions).
Basically doing the same thing that TTS Mastertune has done for the Harley community since the introducton of Drive By Wire
Old 12-11-2014, 07:04 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Not really...

The cow booster remaps the pedal to TB programing so the TB valve opens up more in the initial part of the pedal push (still not completely linear between the two, since this would make the car almost un-drivable in less than perfect traction conditions).

CoW BOOSTER! is extremely popular for us and every single vette, car, truck I tune gets it.

Occasionally, depending on the vehicle, mods, and customer taste I'll modify the throttle to

accommodate someone who wants more or less response or different switchable modes but most of the time

everyone keeps the default settings I send it out with.

I would suggest not commenting on how it behaves in foul weather unless you've owned or driven

with it for any length of time... The first hour you're getting used to it I wouldn't drive it in the snow,

however like anything else in the world.... Once you drive it for a bit it's second nature and everyone loves it.

On another note.... While some say that the lazy throttle was done by GM for the purposes fuel economy

as it turns out that my CoW BOOSTER! has proven time and time again to net the owner an average improvement

of 3 mpg gain especially on the highway or long trips. Honestly, it was unexpected but I'm happy to say it

was a very welcome side effect.

CoW BOOSTER! is not a tune and should not be compared to a "tune" as CoW BOOSTER! is always sold in addition

to our tune. CoW BOOSTER! can also be added to anyone else's tune with no problem and I don't need to

modify any of your existing tune to install it.

Call any time if you would like to know more.

Thanks
Chuck CoW
Old 12-26-2014, 06:56 PM
garye
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '21

chuck, I’m in N. Dakota, no where near you so how can I get your COW Booster? For 200.00 is worth a try.

Get notified of new replies

To Cow Booster vs others

Old 12-28-2014, 01:12 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Pretty easy....

Originally Posted by garye
chuck, I’m in N. Dakota, no where near you so how can I get your COW Booster? For 200.00 is worth a try.
Pretty easy....

We can do a PCM swap. Very easy.

Call me any time and I can explain. 914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
Old 12-29-2014, 02:29 AM
IfastR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-16-2015, 02:49 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default The difference is that.....

Originally Posted by kingman
Hi

What is the difference between a Cow Booster tune and other tunes.

My C5 was tuned by ECS in Cream Ridge and cannot believe a better one exists, now when i pick up my C6 why should i go elsewhere?

Alan
The difference is that.....CoW BOOSTER! is now totally FREE!

Call for details!
Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: Cow Booster vs others