C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cow Booster vs others

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 04:31 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Free!

(if you buy other stuff, lol)
The following users liked this post:
mbowers13 (09-18-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 10:03 PM
emfollin
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

So what's the AutoCal cost in order to get the Cow Booster free?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:06 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Autocal is $350, COW tune is $450. Or at least that's what it used to be.
Chuck CoW (09-18-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 01:16 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you.....

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Autocal is $350, COW tune is $450. Or at least that's what it used to be.
Thank you..... The C6 tune is $450 and the C5 tunes are $400 and as always, the CoW BOOSTER! if FREE

with all C5 tunes.

Right now actually, the CoW BOOSTER! is FREE with all mail order C5 and C6 tunes using AutoCal. (complete package)

BTW, the "TUNE" consists of the TUNE, any and all (some people need extra help with computer or whatever)

And what amounts to a few hours of Datalog review and re-tuning till it's perfect.

It's NOT a one shot "quickie" tune. I spend more time on them then I spend in a car live here in the shop.

It's a great deal and those that have it...know it.

Thank you.
Chuck CoW
Old 09-22-2015, 01:09 PM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

When is your next trip to South Florida? If my car has to goto the shop for warranty work, i.e. pcm updates, will the dealer wipe out your tunes. And if so, do you have a way to re-flash them. Thanks.
Gene
Old 09-25-2015, 10:40 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default As for me, I ALWAYS update every customer to the latest software for both engi

Originally Posted by rckt
When is your next trip to South Florida? If my car has to goto the shop for warranty work, i.e. pcm updates, will the dealer wipe out your tunes. And if so, do you have a way to re-flash them. Thanks.
Gene
I might be in Florida this winter..... No guarantees. The AutoCal package is your best bet.

Most tuners read your tune (which is most often the early version of software containing bugs...) and apply their

changes to that old software and load it back in.

This way you're married to the bugs.... Yuck.

Now, you go to the dealer for some work and they plug in.... They see the OLD SOFTWARE and their program

prompts them to update you.....Completely wiping out your tune.

As for me, I ALWAYS update every customer to the latest software for both engine and transmission

so not only are the bug all fixed, but when and if they plug in and see the NEW software, their system discourages them

from re-updating and then they know they will not get paid to re- install what's already there.

While our AutoCal makes it very easy to update your pcm and tcm, most handhelds can not.

FULL FLASHING (as we call it) is dangerous and can wipe out your computer if not done with the right tools and tuner.

Again, there is no safer way to flash your car than with the package we provide.

Chuck CoW
rckt (09-25-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 12:21 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

WUZUP!! Hey for those who are unsure who to use for a tune or the COW BOOSTER, I personally had the pleasure of working with Chuck. He is hands down the most knowledgeable tune/computer tech I have ever met, period no question. We worked together on a project that that had several issues that nobody could get straight. I brought Chuck on board and in one day it was perfect. Shortly after that I had him do a tune for my own C6ZO6 and it included the CoW Booster and it made the car a BLAST to drive even more so. I worked for a Chevrolet dealer for years and have been a tech all my life so know whats good and whats not. Look no further for a tuner, CHUCK is the man. Give him a call today.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:34 AM
Sudstrain
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CHUCK is the man.He's got my vote.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:06 AM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Florida?

What part of Florida? VEGAS IS A LONG WAY FROM FLORIDA......WHEN ARE YOU COMING HERE?

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
I might be in Florida this winter..... No guarantees. The AutoCal package is your best bet.

Most tuners read your tune (which is most often the early version of software containing bugs...) and apply their

changes to that old software and load it back in.

This way you're married to the bugs.... Yuck.

Now, you go to the dealer for some work and they plug in.... They see the OLD SOFTWARE and their program

prompts them to update you.....Completely wiping out your tune.

As for me, I ALWAYS update every customer to the latest software for both engine and transmission

so not only are the bug all fixed, but when and if they plug in and see the NEW software, their system discourages them

from re-updating and then they know they will not get paid to re- install what's already there.

While our AutoCal makes it very easy to update your pcm and tcm, most handhelds can not.

FULL FLASHING (as we call it) is dangerous and can wipe out your computer if not done with the right tools and tuner.

Again, there is no safer way to flash your car than with the package we provide.

Chuck CoW

Last edited by secrt0007agt; 09-30-2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:25 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default SEMA is coming my friend!!!

Originally Posted by Sudstrain
CHUCK is the man.He's got my vote.
SEMA is coming my friend!!!

Hope to see you there!

Chuck CoW
Old 09-30-2015, 12:57 AM
Sudstrain
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
SEMA is coming my friend!!!

Hope to see you there!

Chuck CoW
Hey Chuck I'll be there and looking forward to see you again..By the way VIP service for you from the airport to hotel like always is guarantee .I just change my cell number.I will call you this week so you can have my new number to.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:53 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Stan, You are the BEST!

Originally Posted by Sudstrain
Hey Chuck I'll be there and looking forward to see you again..By the way VIP service for you from the airport to hotel like always is guarantee .I just change my cell number.I will call you this week so you can have my new number to.
Stan, You are the BEST!

Chuck CoW
Old 09-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuck,
Any update on my Autocal with the Wideband? It would be nice to finally finish my build and get the computer dialed in.

Jerry

Quick Reply: Cow Booster vs others