C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service active handling issue, long story..

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:48 AM
1quickTXVette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service active handling issue, long story..

Hey guys, I've got an issue going on and it's kind of a long story. My motor took in some water from a flooded intersection maybe 3 or 4 inches deep which required me to get a new motor put in. The water was not near high enough to get inside the car, but when my passenger opened his door a truck drove through and splashed the inside leading me to consider the bcm could've gotten wet.. I had a performance shop do the full motor swap and a clutch while they were at it. I got the car back after about a month and the car is running strong as of now. The issue is that the service active handling light is on now intermittently. It comes on at least once a day but then other times no service AH. The other lights such as traction control and abs do not come on it is ONLY the service AH. I had the codes pulled with my buddy's snap on scanner that can read the bcm and it came up with the following codes.

C0035
Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit

C040
Right front wheel speed sensor circuit

C267
Low brake fluid indicated
(Plenty of brake fluid)

C0281
Dynamic rear proportioning performance
( research showed* it sets when 2 wheel speed codes on same axle)

C0561
System disabled information stored

C0136
Base brake system pressure circuit range

My confusion comes from other threads involving the wheel speed sensors. Every thread I have looked at with wheel speed issues throws not only the AH but also throws the traction control and abs so I am confused why mine is only AH...
The car behaves like normal, the braking system works just fine regardless of the brake related codes..

My first guess was that the shop started the new motor to test it prior to putting the car back together so the brakes and related systems would've been off the car and made these codes set? But I called the shop and they say they never started the car until everything was completely back together.

My alignment is off and steering wheel slightly off center which I read can throw the service active handling light, but I feel like it would be a different code if that was the culprit I am getting the car aligned as we speak just to rule it out and being it needs it anyway..

Any idea guys?

Quick Reply: Service active handling issue, long story..