C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little ahead of myself, but

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 PM
ky-ss
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A little ahead of myself, but

awaiting delivery of intake, longtubes, hiflow cats, but am trying to be prepared for post install. purchased Diablo Intune and quickly figured out there are no built in tunes for mods. Everyone recommends Diablew but I understand his current situation and don't want to add to his stress. I have a semi local tuner but I wonder if i'll have issues driving after installs. Installed diablo tune whatever that entails.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:55 AM
9935TODD
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you will have any issues driving it. I just completed the exact mods to my '05 except I installed the O/R X-pipe. Eventually drove it 3 hrs to get tuned. Picked up 30 hp with the tune also. Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Guinzu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cold air intake or intake manifold? I'm assuming cai, so probably no issues other than the check engine light coming on for the rear o2 sensors. Getting a tune will definitely get you the most out of the mods.

I drove mine without a tune for the longtubes with no issues at all.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I did LG longtubes and then coincidentally, Diablew had his issue just as I sent him my tune and logs. I've been driving on the 93 Octane tune for a little over a month, and it does ok. It's not where it needs to be by any means, got the O2 sensor CELs, but I' m not doing any beating on it by any means. Taking it easy on it.

About to install a Hurricane intake that just arrived today, then getting a mail order tune to cover both mods. I found someone else through Mike at Diablo that can help out.

You'll be ok for a while.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:31 PM
ky-ss
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only options I was given was diablo tune and 91 octane tune. I run 93 but my intune only had the two.

Get notified of new replies

To A little ahead of myself, but

Quick Reply: A little ahead of myself, but