C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 corvette c6 ls2!! How can I get more power?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 PM
andre_ao
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 corvette c6 ls2!! How can I get more power?

Hi, so I recently just purchased a 2005 c6 6spd manual with a couple mods: mild cam, after market airbox, headers and exhaust!! It's pretty fast but I want more power!what's my next step? Thanks

P.s not sure if it's tuned or not! I'm assuming it is since it's cammed!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:20 PM
brewcitygymratt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

1:Ported fast 102 & ported tb.
2: ported heads, N2O or A&A sc kit depending upon the size of your bank balance.
You will need drag radials with heads/cam or N20/sc or it will be spin city from a dig and a roll and not very safe. Hopefully you are familiar with higher hp cars. I have read stories of people crashing newly nitrous'd or supercharged cars because of the unfamiliar power levels. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:36 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by andre_ao
Hi, so I recently just purchased a 2005 c6 6spd manual with a couple mods: mild cam, after market airbox, headers and exhaust!! It's pretty fast but I want more power!what's my next step? Thanks

P.s not sure if it's tuned or not! I'm assuming it is since it's cammed!
You have done pretty much all there is --- Mods beyond what you have now will cost major bucks with smaller rewards---As mentioned the FAST 102/102 set up would be the next logical mod if you decide to keep your car N/A--
However if you decide to use a supercharger you can expect an easy 100 HP for about 6K ------ OR NOS for about 1K and get safely about 50 75 HP and if you want to gamble with reliability even 100-150 HP
Old 09-03-2014, 08:37 AM
andre_ao
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks...

Maybe if u tune it at a dyno place id get more power out of it?
Old 09-04-2014, 01:19 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

More than likely with a cam and LT headers your car has already been tuned---Those are major mods that always require tuning---sometimes just to start !!! Issues like idle surging dying--would be the results of an unturned cammed and hdr car--If you don't have those issues----It's been tuned---
These cars are well tuned bone stock --Only about 10-15 RWHP on the table on an un modded car--But as I said when you add major mods sometimes they run horrible and actually make LESS power until they are tuned --In order to achieve all the power it can make a tune is required to access what's there--
You are sort of at a crossroads-- any more $$ spent will be high with little return--but that is the next level---If you wanna be a big dog you have to get off the porch--But realistically you're just getting spoiled with HP and have to make the decision if your car is going to be a reliable daily driver (as it is now) or a sink hole pit where you are gonna spend major bucks to make an already FAST car ---crazy fast !!!
remember ne careful whom you choose to take your advice from---I'm NOT trying to sell you anything as most are trying to free you of your $$$---and my new 2014 Stingray is my 8th new corvette

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 corvette c6 ls2!! How can I get more power?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 corvette c6 ls2!! How can I get more power?