C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners or EFI Live?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 01:45 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Default HP Tuners or EFI Live?

I know there are a few threads already out there regarding HP Tuners vs EFI Live but figured it wouldn't hurt to have some more current info.

Fundamentally they are the same.

So other than the interface, and the pricing heirarchy is there any benefit of one over the other?
Old 10-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Doug Doty
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I signed up to the forum here just now as a result of searching for the exact same information.

Learning new software is tiresome and worse if you later decide you went the wrong route at first for some previously un known reason. Not to mention the $$

I am tuned in and searching the net all over too.

Edit: I just realized I was a month off on this topic, I was thinking it was current....

Last edited by Doug Doty; 10-06-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:46 AM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Doug Doty
I signed up to the forum here just now as a result of searching for the exact same information.

Learning new software is tiresome and worse if you later decide you went the wrong route at first for some previously un known reason. Not to mention the $$

I am tuned in and searching the net all over too.

Edit: I just realized I was a month off on this topic, I was thinking it was current....
A month isn't that old. It's just hard to find a opinion that isn't biased. I know most people choose HP tuners based on the lower initial cost.

Only a high volume tuner is likely to have much experience with both. So I was hoping for some opinions on the benefit of one vs. the other.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Neil B
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by erick_e
A month isn't that old. It's just hard to find a opinion that isn't biased. I know most people choose HP tuners based on the lower initial cost.

Only a high volume tuner is likely to have much experience with both. So I was hoping for some opinions on the benefit of one vs. the other.
I have both. In my opinion, HP Tuners is a little easier to use at first, but once you get used to the EFI Live UI it becomes the easier of the two. There were some functional differences a few releases back but I believe most of those have been resolved. SD tuning for big boost cars used to be easier with EFI Live. Black box scanning was easier with HP Tuners. Both are really good products.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:20 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

I have both and prefer HP Tuners. There was a time when both were needed to get to all the needed tables but that has changed.

Get notified of new replies

To HP Tuners or EFI Live?

Quick Reply: HP Tuners or EFI Live?